[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF hits a new low...literally.

LooGie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, I don't think the problem is over saturation, I think it's BS programming & crappy "commentators". Now even the diehards are losing interest because of it.

:D

If thay meant it for diehards, why do they put in all the superflourous stuff that takes away from the game? :D

:bash:

Tirico does his best to move it along, but his attempts are futile in the presence of such powerful stupidity.

Other than Michaels & Madden, who would you all put in the booth if it were up to you? He's a bit dull, but I'd keep Tirico because he's not a bad play-by-play guy. But as for the others I'd have to get some new blood in. I honestly think, for humor sake, Bradshaw would be good in the booth but you'd definately need a 3rd person in there to balance out his schtick and basically tell him to shut up once in a while. I don't think he alone would play very well off of Tirico's dryness.

Theisman just made me mad last year on SNF, but Kornholer has completely ruined it for me, that and the fact they are skipping plays to talk to some dork I could give a fok about.

I watch most of the MNF game on fast forward now, it is soley due to the commentators.

One thing I will give them though, that intro, where the city streets become a Football game... now that is foking awesome.

unfortunately you have to get through people who have nothing to do with football asking me if I'm ready for some football. Tenacious D? Are you serious? Carmen Electra? ok, i'll deal with that :D, but I'm not happy about it.

Other than Michaels & Madden, who would you all put in the booth if it were up to you? He's a bit dull, but I'd keep Tirico because he's not a bad play-by-play guy. But as for the others I'd have to get some new blood in. I honestly think, for humor sake, Bradshaw would be good in the booth but you'd definately need a 3rd person in there to balance out his schtick and basically tell him to shut up once in a while. I don't think he alone would play very well off of Tirico's dryness.

I hate having three people, I'd rather have two. All the other games get by with two so why does this game need three? I'd keep Tirico and add someone with excellent football knowledge who's interested in imparting that knowledge to the audience. Definitely not that clown Bradshaw. Howie, maybe?

i dont want schtick. I'd want a few fresh face. Give Adam Schein a shot. I love Randy Cross's analysis. I dont want 3 people

I want 2 football guys, and that's it.

John Riggins did great on Westwood One SNF..give him a tv shot.

DO ANYTHING.

i dont want schtick. I'd want a few fresh face. Give Adam Schein a shot. I love Randy Cross's analysis. I dont want 3 people

+1, unfortunately it's all about entertainment on Mondays, the regular announcers just announcing the game is only on Sundays now...

+1, unfortunately it's all about entertainment on Mondays, the regular announcers just announcing the game is only on Sundays now...

yah, and this is why we're in here every tuesday for the past 10 weeks bashing these idiots. Let the game entertain me. Kill pasty!!!!

John Riggins did great on Westwood One SNF..give him a tv shot.

DO ANYTHING.

Randy Cross is the most annoying guy out there IMO.

Randy Cross is the most annoying guy out there IMO.

Yah, he can push buttons, BUT he never backs down, always backs up his opinion with actual stats and genuine football knowledge. His personality sucks, but I dont need personality, I need a guy that thinks outside the box and can call an f'ing football game.

The only reasons I like Randy, is he's usually right about something, and if you want to argue, he never waivers, he never gets mad, he listens, and says when you have a valid point "but, you're wrong because..." i love that.

:D I just remember something.

The MNF double header, with Jaws and Vermeil...PLEASE...that was PERFECT. Those guys were right up there with Madden and Al.

:D I just remember something.

The MNF double header, with Jaws and Vermeil...PLEASE...that was PERFECT. Those guys were right up there with Madden and Al.

Yeah, but how often would we have to endure Vermeil crying during our football games? :D

Yeah, but how often would we have to endure Vermeil crying during our football games? :doh:

shame on you. He's a sensitive man. Real men can cry. Crying is the new "punching someone in the face"

Probably in the minority because Thiesmann was involved, but I enjoyed the old Sunday night ESPN crew.

actually, the last crew wasn't as bad. it's not just because of Kornhole though, although, he's 90% of it at this point. Theisman has become a bad comedy on lifetime. He's just painful to listen because he's so stupid.

On a running play BY CAROLINA, Kornhole said "why run there?" (it was like 3rd and 11...shocking..another 3rd and long for CAR :tup:) and thesiman says "well, it's going to be a tough game, and they need to take the crowd of it...this stadium is loud and you need to pound the rock to take the crowd out of it" or something equally stupid.

Um...why would Carolina take the crowd out of their own home game? :D Was he confused who was running the ball? That's just as stupid for not paying attention. :D If TB actually was the one running the play, why would running on 3rd down quiet the crowd? They would get a 3rd down stoppage and get a punt. :bash:

Isn't it big plays that actually quiet a crowd down anyway? :clap:

what the hell was he talking about?

As far as viewership goes, 90% of MNF is about the match-up.

As discussed weekly for the last 3 years, Theisman is not popular with mass majority and is actually painful to hear to many (raising my hand).

I would agree with previous sentiments that they are trying to make MNF be about much more than just football but the problem with trying to make it more general entertainment is that there is a ton of other options for people for "entertainment" now. On Monday night, there is only one place for football. Not focusing tightly on football is missing out on the one unique advantage that they have. They are never going to pull people away from watching whatever else is on Monday nights. All they can do it exploit the potential football audience to its fullest.

The play-by-play guy should be like the lineman and not be really noticed even though he makes it all work. I don't have as much problem with Kornheiser as others though he comes across as less than knowledgeable which is not to his advantage. I will never be able to warm up to Thiesman.

They just need to tightly focus on football IMO and use the 3 hour forum to be the best three hours about football all week. Coach interviews, injury updates, roster changes, etc. So much ESPN could do but they would rather use a script from 1975.

Maybe ABC and ESPN might know more about broadcasting than what we give them credit for when they run promos on MNF.

FYI : "Desperate Housewives" fended off a challenge from NBC's "Sunday Night Football" and its ABC sibling "Grey's Anatomy" to take the honors as the week's top show in viewership and the key adults 18-49 demographic.

Be honest everyone how many of you really watched "Desperate Housewives" instead of "Sunday Night Football" :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Not to Desperate Housewives... but MNF is losing the two-tuner showdown every week. I usually put the game on and start doing something else, playing with the boy or working on my laptop.

Eventually, my tuner reminds me that Everybody Hates Chris, How I Met Your Mother, and Heroes are coming up and do I want to stay on MNF, or change the channel. For the past two weeks I haven't even noticed that the game wasn't on, because I've been so disinterested in the game and the MNF show.

Edited by AtomicCEO