[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick does the bird

theeohiostate

Is Vick a bad passer because of his WR's, or are his WR's bad because of Vick?

Exhibit A is Brett Favre. He's had some pretty terrible receivers in his career with a lot of washouts, has beens and never weres catching his passes. He made them better receivers because he is a great QB.

Driver or Walker alone is better than all of Atlanta's WRs combined.

Try again. :D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Young threw for 250 yards with awesome receivers like Bobby Wade and Brandon Jones.

Damon Huard did well with Samie Parker and a slowing Eddie Kennison.

McNabb made three guys named Larry look pretty good.

Brees lights it up throwing chiefly to Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper.

Rivers does just fine with Eric Parker and Vincent (Mr. Forward Pass) Jackson, and before that with an aging McCardell and Reche Caldwell.

Jenkins and White would do much better if they had a QB that could get the ball to them consistently.

Jenkins and White would do much better if they had a QB that could get the ball to them consistently.

Dude,

Try watching the football games, or at least the highlights. Vick HAS been trying to get them the ball, but they keep dropping it.

It wasn't just this last game either, this has been going on pretty much ALL season long.

EDIT: Never mind, you DID watch the game and said you only saw this;

I watched just about the entire game today. (This seems to be important)

Vick drops back to pass. He doesn't have/can't find an open receiver, so he runs. And runs well.

Somehow all of the on the money passes by Vick that hit his open WR's right in the hands & they then promptly dropped, escaped you while you were watching the game eh? :D

Edited by Big Score 1

What's the big deal? Vick has been giving the Falcon fans the finger for the better part of 6 seasons by holding the franchise hostage while he insists on pretending that he is a QB.

What an asinine post.

Why don't you do what you do best. Stick to giving us misinformation on the Donkeys RB's.

Somehow all of the on the money passes by Vick that hit his open WR's right in the hands & they then promptly dropped, escaped you while you were watching the game eh? :D

The passes that Vick threw that were nowhere near his receivers apparently escaped you.

So I guess that we're even.

White would do much better if they had a QB that could get the ball to them consistently.

hmm, maybe so. where do you think they'd like the ball delivered though? 'cause when it hits em right in the f'n hands it seems to give them trouble.

the problem with the falcons WRs is that they keep trying to pick up "the deep threat". oohh, what mike vick needs is a deep threat. so they throw a ton of money at peerless price, they go and get lelie, they throw first round picks at white and jenkins....and what do they have? a bunch of guys who can run fast but can't catch or run routes. they don't go after keyshawn johnson or mushin muhammad or anyone like that, they have a bunch of guys who can run fast in a straight line and that's about it. guys who might add a scary element to your offense as a second or, preferably, third WR.

and i probably don't need to point this out, but vick didn't draft/acquire those guys, he's just stuck trying to throw to them on 3rd and 4.

The passes that Vick threw that were nowhere near his receivers apparently escaped you.

So I guess that we're even.

Not the point is it Furd?

I quoted you specifically saying you watched just about the entire the game & this was ALL YOU SAW.

Vick drops back to pass. He doesn't have/can't find an open receiver, so he runs. And runs well.

This isn't quite true, is it Furd? Unless of course it's your contention that none of the following happend, as is being reported everywhere.

NFL.com wire reports

ATLANTA (Nov. 26, 2006)

Not even a 166-yard rushing performance by Michael Vick could bail out the Falcons (5-6), who dropped at least five passes.

The Falcons' signature play came early in the fourth quarter, when Roddy White let the ball slip from his hands at the New Orleans 10 with no one around him after Atlanta had closed to 21-13.

Coach Jim Mora fell to his knees in disbelief. Tight end Alge Crumpler held up his arms and looked toward the roof of the Georgia Dome.

It only got worse in the second half, with Atlanta's receivers playing like they rubbed down their hands with Vaseline.

But you're probably right, Vick never could find an open reciever.

All of the reports from numerous sports writers are in error & the film on the game that is being replayed on NFL Network & ESPN has been doctored. :D

Not the point is it Furd?

I quoted you specifically saying you watched just about the entire the game & this was ALL YOU SAW.

This isn't quite true, is it Furd? Unless of course it's your contention that none of the following happend, as is being reported everywhere.

But you're probably right, Vick never could find an open reciever.

All of the reports from numerous sports writers are in error & the film on the game that is being replayed on NFL Network & ESPN has been doctored. :D

Big Score, you are either really stupid or a fisherman of some type. I'm going to assume the latter, so I will eschew responding to your posts.

Rock on.

Well, that beats the hell out of what you do best - get out the KY, lube up, & wait for Mikey to stop by.

:D

For the love of God, with sick twisted posts like that, put me back on your ignore list...PLEASE!!!

Big Score is the only Huddler on my ignore list.

Big Score, you are either really stupid or a fisherman of some type. I'm going to assume the latter, so I will eschew responding to your posts.

Rock on.

Hey man, I'm not trying to get under your skin.

Look, from all of your posts in any of the multiple Vick threads that you've posted in, it's obvious you don't like Vick & no matter what he does or does not do, that's how it is with you. But don't feel like the Lone Ranger. You're definitely not alone. :D

I just saw where you specifically said you watched the game, make an obvious error in your take on the game & Vick & called you on it.

Sorry if it irratated you. :D

Hey man, I'm not trying to get under your skin.

Look, from all of your posts in any of the multiple Vick threads that you've posted in, it's obvious you don't like Vick & no matter what he does or does not do, that's how it is with you. But don't feel like the Lone Ranger. You're definitely not alone. :D

I just saw where you specifically said you watched the game, make an obvious error in your take on the game & Vick & called you on it.

Sorry if it irratated you. :D

Well I don't like Vick, nor do I particularly dislike Vick. As I have said before, he is, to a certain extent, a victim of his hype.

My original post, that you twisted around, was:

Other than that, I didn't see Vick do anything well. Certainly, he did not display the skills that one would expect from an NFL QB.

He hit a couple of receivers (who often dropped the ball.) I still don't think that he passed well. He didn't manage the game well. I don't think that he did anything well, other than run the ball.

So tell me where I made an error?

Well I don't like Vick, nor do I particularly dislike Vick. As I have said before, he is, to a certain extent, a victim of his hype.

My original post, that you twisted around, was:

He hit a couple of receivers (who often dropped the ball.) I still don't think that he passed well. He didn't manage the game well. I don't think that he did anything well, other than run the ball.

So tell me where I made an error?

We're talking to each other on the same subject in two different threads. Maybe we should stick to just one?

I responded here

Anybody remember Eric Crouch? Nebraska QB that won the Heisman a couple years ago now flipping burgers somewhere.

You could insert him into the Atlanta offense and he would do as well as Vick because he was a runner first, passer second.

Sorry sir, wrong! Mr. Crouch still believes he can play quarterback, and he is doing so with the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL.

:D

It's called 8 or 9 men in the box because nobody is worried about Vick's passing

can anyone imagine what this thread looks like to Grits?

User Ignored

User Ignored

User Ignored

"you're wrong and here's the stats to prove it"

User Ignored

User Ignored

"VICK IS GOD!!!"

"You have added another user to your ignored list"