[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor Update?

CardinalEmpire.com

Maybe I missed this, but I have yet to read any updates on Chester Taylor after this weekend's early exit at Chicago. It seemed to me like Minnesota still had a chance to win that game and chose to leave Fason in anyway.

Is there any word from the Twin Cities as to Taylor's status for Sunday?

Ask Trots... he seems to know everything about him. :D

From Coach Childress' press conference yesterday, hardly any information was given...

Chester Taylor had that rib contusion. He had a CT scan this morning. It's in that cartilage area. I don't know that much about the ribs; I just know it's extremely painful. He came back and tried to go a couple different times, and at a point he was not able to keep going. We'll continue to treat that and he'll be day-to-day.

Vikings | C. Taylor day-to-day

Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:23:35 -0800

Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor (ribs) underwent a CT scan Monday, Dec. 4, that showed damage in the cartilage area. He will continue receiving treatment and is day-to-day, according to head coach Brad Childress.

KFFL.

Color me ignorant here, but how often do NFL players even try to go with rib injuries? Even if he didn't BREAK them, anything that impedes your ability to breathe cannot be good for playing football. McGahee missed, what, three weeks with his ribs? I would presume this means at LEAST limited play for the next week or two.

XRays were negative. And I miss your old avy. Run out of fingerpaints?

No. I figured I would honor the most intelligent, informative, greatest person here... YOU! So its really just a tribute to you man.

ETA - Who is having the beter year? Chester or Jamal? Just curious...

Edited by peepinmofo

Musta missed something. Someone care to explain why Trots and Peepinmofo are secretly in love?

I dont have it handy right now, but there was a thread before the season about Taylor. I said he would be good, Trots said he would suck. Somewhere I also said Taylor would run for 1500 yards. While that number might be off a tad, especially now with him hurting this week, Trots got a bit defensive IIRC. Basically, he was mad when Taylor left because he was stuck with Jamal.

I dont have it handy right now, but there was a thread before the season about Taylor. I said he would be good, Trots said he would suck. Somewhere I also said Taylor would run for 1500 yards. While that number might be off a tad, especially now with him hurting this week, Trots got a bit defensive IIRC. Basically, he was mad when Taylor left because he was stuck with Jamal.

:Dhere you go

Here's the latest I've seen

(Rotoworld) Chester Taylor (ribs) is listed as doubtful for Week 14.

Impact: Taylor is currently considered to have just a 25 percent chance of playing at Detroit, however, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was listed as doubtful last week and wound up playing. Still, it appears that Ciatrick Fason is likely to see a heavy workload against the hapless Lions. Mewelde Moore will be Minnesota's third-down back if Chester can't play.

I also have him and I'm playing the team with the most points in one of my FFLs. My sub is Maroney, who's currently questionable... :D:D Not now!!!!

I admit that Chester has performed admirably this season. I expected him to wear down earlier. Believe it or not, I drafted him in my local and am extremely interested in this injury situation as this week begins the playoffs. I guess that I will pick up Fason and roll the dice this weekend with an unproven commodity.

Edited by Trots

I admit that Chester has performed admirably this season. I expected him to wear down earlier. Believe it or not, I drafted him in my local and am extremely interested in this injury situation as this week begins the playoffs. I guess that I will pick up Fason and roll the dice this weekend with an unproven commodity.

We can now be friends again. :D