[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle Thrusday night Weather

bushwacked

god i hope so!

+1, this could be huge for me if my opponent doesn't pick up on it, which I think is entirely possible. The prospect of Hasselbeck against the 49ers was definitely bringing me down until I found this thread...great way to start my Thursday morning.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest for downtown Seattle:

Statement as of 3:30 AM PST on December 14, 2006

... High Wind Warning in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 10 am

PST Friday...

The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a High Wind

Warning... which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 10 am

PST Friday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.

A deep low pressure system and its front will producing damaging

winds as it moves across the area this afternoon through Friday

morning.

Southeast winds will increase ahead of the system today... locally

rising to 40 mph late this afternoon with gusts to 65 mph.

Damaging winds will become more widespread tonight as the front

moves through the interior of western Washington. Locally

damaging winds will continue early Friday then ease during the

day.

The high winds will cause falling trees... bring down power lines

and produce power outages... and damage some structures.

The latest for downtown Seattle:

Statement as of 3:30 AM PST on December 14, 2006

... High Wind Warning in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 10 am

PST Friday...

The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a High Wind

Warning... which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 10 am

PST Friday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.

A deep low pressure system and its front will producing damaging

winds as it moves across the area this afternoon through Friday

morning.

Southeast winds will increase ahead of the system today... locally

rising to 40 mph late this afternoon with gusts to 65 mph.

Damaging winds will become more widespread tonight as the front

moves through the interior of western Washington. Locally

damaging winds will continue early Friday then ease during the

day.

The high winds will cause falling trees... bring down power lines

and produce power outages... and damage some structures.

I feel badly about my last post now, this goes beyond fantasy football when you start talking about widespread power outages and structural damage. My sincere best wishes to sky and all of the other Seattle Huddlers, I hope you all pull through this OK guys.

I feel badly about my last post now, this goes beyond fantasy football when you start talking about widespread power outages and structural damage. My sincere best wishes to sky and all of the other Seattle Huddlers, I hope you all pull through this OK guys.

+1

I suppose there's no chance of the game being postponed?

On the bright side, if the wind is blowing the right direction we may see the longest airborne pass / or field goal in NFL history. :D

No biggie EnD... we know you meant no harm to us... :D .... one has to look at the bright side of a problem ya know.... LOL

And it could be worse.. we could be 132 miles to the west (on the coast) where they are going to have 45-60 all day and night... with gusts from 80-90. Those people are going to be blasted for sure.

I would imagine that the ferries will be shutdown due to the winds....so I don't see many fans from this side of the pond going to the game. The Narrows bridge could be shutdown too... so no driving around either.

If it hits like they say it will... the game could have real problems. Hopefully we will just get half of what they predict and all will be well. I wouldn't be banking on great points from anyone in this game if we do get what they are predicting.

On the bright side, if the wind is blowing the right direction we may see the longest airborne pass / or field goal in NFL history. :D

No kidding.

70 MPH winds in Seattle? I remember 100 MPH ones down the Columbia(luring wind surfers) but this is pretty extreme.

December 14, 2006, 09:31

49ers, Seahawks :: QB, WR, K

High-Wind Advisory For Tonights Game

Clare Farnsworth, Seattle Post-Intelligencer - [Full Article]

So how does Qwest Field play in the wind? "I don't know, we haven't had any wind," Jim Zorn, the Seahawks quarterbacks coach, said after practice Wednesday. The breeziest it has been since they moved into their new stadium in 2002 was 17 mph winds. There is a high-wind advisory for the Puget Sound area tonight, with a forecast for gusts up to 70 miles per hour. "Wind changes a lot of stuff, if it's real, real windy," HC Mike Holmgren said. "Then it's a little more problematic when it comes to throwing the ball, or kicking it. That's the worst. That's worse than snow or rain."

Don't discount the short passing game. A five yard pass can go the distance just as easily as a deep pass. Obviously, short passes will be less effected by wind.

I really agree with this logic. It's why I picked up Vernon Davis (dropped Chris Cooley from the lineup in my sig) and will play him tonight. I drafted him then cut him when he got hurt. It's the second round of our playoffs and high time he rewarded me for picking him!

I just was watching the morning news & the weather hottie used the phrase "catagory 1 hurricane strength" in describing the forecast. :D

Here's the deal..... the wind is not expected to hit full force until after the game... between 9PM thursday & 2AM friday. local gametime is 5:00 PM. I'm not saying it won't be windy but the game itself may miss the brunt of it. :D it's the traffic / commuters after the game that are gonna be screwed. the same thing happened after the hawks / packers game last month, except it was snow.

This of course is no guarantee.... I'm not a meteorologist but I do play one on TV. :bash:

I really agree with this logic. It's why I picked up Vernon Davis (dropped Chris Cooley from the lineup in my sig) and will play him tonight. I drafted him then cut him when he got hurt. It's the second round of our playoffs and high time he rewarded me for picking him!

Yeah that's a pretty good point. Even if Alexander does chew up yardage between the 20s tonight odds are Hasselbeck could still throw 2-3 dink and dunk TDs. The Seahags running in the red zone has been awful all year, bad weather or not I dont see how they can just instantaneously change it overnight!

Thanks Randall. That helps. So we can count on 2 quarters into the wind and 2 quarters against it for both teams. That suggests way less impact than a crosswind.

Yeah, I picked up Davis about 3 weeks ago and started him for the first time last week!!! I am starting him again this week over L.J. Smith.