[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marty MUST go!

McBoog

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame falls firmly on Florence's shoulder for making that head butt after 3rd down. He doesn't do that and there is no first and no NE td, Chargers win.

That unsportsmanlike was in the 3rd quarter, and lead to a Pats FG, not TD. It was a costly mistake, but you can't say if the Chargers would have won if that didn't happen. It was one of many mistakes that the Chargers made on and off the field.

If Marty goes, it will only be because of his rocky relationship with the GM. I suppose they could just move Cam Cameron in to head coach, but I don't think this is the answer. The players F'd this one up, not Marty.

And, my condolenses to the Charger fans. This game reminded me of the '95 Broncos team that had the best record in the NFL and lost at home to Jacksonville. It shouldn't have happened, but somehow it did. It takes a long time to get rid of that feeling of disgust from the pit of your stomach.

And, my condolenses to the Charger fans. This game reminded me of the '95 Broncos team that had the best record in the NFL and lost at home to Jacksonville. It shouldn't have happened, but somehow it did. It takes a long time to get rid of that feeling of disgust from the pit of your stomach.

:D 1996

Decisions to challenge come from the people upstairs watching the TVs and such for the Chargers. They tell Marty to challenge over the raidio and he does it. I have a hard time faulting Marty for following their advice to make the challenge assuming they did not tell him it was a loser before he made it ...

I might agree with you after next year if the same thing happens. I dunno...I think firing him now is short sighted.

I agree. very ..very short sighted.

Marty has made every team he coached better than they were the years before he took over. and every team he left was worse the years after he left (except S.D. because he is still there).

S.D. made the most of a easy schedule and were just not as good as their 14-2 record would indicate. they lost to a team that has IMO the greatest coach ever. nothing to be ashamed of IMO if I am a Charger fan. I would just be eager for next year as now you have a few players with playoff experience that did not have it last year (Rivers to name 1). but I certainly would not be down on a coach that just led its team the the best regular season record in franchise history.

Time management. Two wasted time outs in the 4th quarter. If they have even one of those back they probably get five to ten yards closer for Kaeding.

Head buts. One wasted Head but in the 4th quarter. If they have that one back they probably win the game since NE most likely doesn't score that TD.

Interceptions. One stupid Interception in the 4th quarter. If they give that one back they probably win the game since NE most likely doesn't score that TD.

Fumbles. One wasted Fumble in the 4th quarter. If they have that one back they probably win the game since NE most likely doesn't score that TD.

Maybe Marty and the rest of the team got messed up by the Jedi mind tricks in the ghey super-chargers disco track :D

Maybe he's the type coach that gets the absolute most out of his players and that's how they get to those big games.

Just curious, what is the results of the teams after Marty left coaching them? :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Maybe he's the type coach that gets the absolute most out of his players and that's how they get to those big games.

Just curious, what is the results of the teams after Marty left coaching them? :D

:D

Serious question for the Chargers fans, because I really can't remember...

But weren't the chargers a bad team before Marty showed up? Hasn't he turned the team around, and he achieved the #1 seed in the very tough AFC out of an also very tough AFC west?

Who are you going to replace him with, and will you then become in 3 years what the Redskins have become since he left?

S.D. made the most of a easy schedule and were just not as good as their 14-2 record would indicate. they lost to a team that has IMO the greatest coach ever. nothing to be ashamed of IMO if I am a Charger fan. I would just be eager for next year as now you have a few players with playoff experience that did not have it last year (Rivers to name 1). but I certainly would not be down on a coach that just led its team the the best regular season record in franchise history.

I don't know about that, I think the Chargers are an extremely talented team. The Raiders are the only slouch in their division and due to their location, they travel more than anyone in the league for road games. They were faster and more physical than the Pats, and if it wasn't for the 2 minute drive at the end of the half, the game was probably over.

The only place the Patriots had the advantage was at QB and Coaching, and those are 2 important spots come playoff time.

Schottenheimer's been blowing it in the playoffs long as I can remember...I don't know how many years he's been coaching but to have a 5-13 playoff record reaks of choking.

Here are some facts about Schottenheimer, his playoff runs and his time in SD:

He has lost nine playoff games by five points or less

He has lsot two in overtime

One year he is killed by Elway in the greatest drive in playoff history (98 yrds, "the drive" as it's known)

A year later in the AFC Championship, Earnest Byner is stripped on the 2 yrd line in the go -ahead TD run with 1 minute left in the game.

2 years ago he's criticized for handing off to LT 3 straight plays in OT before a shanked FG from the 22 led to a playoff loss to Jets.

This year, he is criticized for not handing off to LT more before a shanked FG from the 35 led to a playoff loss to the Pats.

5 years before Shott took over the Chargers in 2002: 23-57 including worst record in franchise history 1-15

5 years after Shott took over the Chargers in 2002: 47-33, including best record in franchise history 14-2

Yes... he's horrible and the team will definately be better without him. :D

Here are some facts about Schottenheimer, his playoff runs and his time in SD:

He has lost nine playoff games by five points or less

He has lsot two in overtime

One year he is killed by Elway in the greatest drive in playoff history (98 yrds, "the drive" as it's known)

A year later in the AFC Championship, Earnest Byner is stripped on the 2 yrd line in the go -ahead TD run with 1 minute left in the game.

2 years ago he's criticized for handing off to LT 3 straight plays in OT before a shanked FG from the 22 led to a playoff loss to Jets.

This year, he is criticized for not handing off to LT more before a shanked FG from the 35 led to a playoff loss to the Pats.

5 years before Shott took over the Chargers in 2002: 23-57 including worst record in franchise history 1-15

5 years after Shott took over the Chargers in 2002: 47-33, including best record in franchise history 14-2

Yes... he's horrible and the team will definately be better without him. :D

:D:bash::clap::tup::doh::huh::lol::(

;):bash::fool::brow::lol::lol::lol::pc:

Booger, I've played plenty of football and I've seen enough of your crazy posts where you shouldn't question anyone's emotional state.

Really???

Could have, and actually did, fool me! :D

McBooger, you are a crazy son of a gun that babbles nonsense with the best of them. I'm not a big Schotty fan.....but get real.....You want to fire Schotty because they weren't emotionanally prepared? The Chargers players gave this game away...nothing more...nothing else.

+1 I knew that no matter how it happened that McBoog was going to blame Marty for the loss. He was setting it up often, by saying that the Chargers were clearly the best, most talented, team and only Marty could cause them to lose. (Not word for word, but that was the gist)

If Marty is fired, I hope they do it quickly so that the Rooney's have a chance to bring him in. I would love for Cowher's mentor to take over.

And since some of you don't take "Emotion" seriously from me and my "cray posts". Let's see what players from EACH team said after the game, shall we???

“You're trying to tell us we don't have a lot of class after a victory where we're emotional and happy and celebrating ...” (NE Cornerback) Hobbs said.

“It's an emotional game, and it's done on the field... ” (Charger's) defensive end Luis Castillo said. “

I know I'ver heard the "old cliche" a few times about an "emotional win" or an "emotional loss", or am I just making that up? :tup:

But, I guess preparing your team's psyche has NOTHING to do with coaching!?!? I don't care how well a team is prepared physically or strategically, you also have to have your head "right".

With the vast football experience you have I'm sure you have heard at least once the term, "Keep your head in the game!" !

Marty is obviously not capable of preparing a team between the ears to win these big games. The fundamentals start to melt down when emotion takes over, it is harder to do everything at this point! It was obvious that a team that showed great resiliancy during the season had a totally different mind set during that game. Like I said before, that was NOT the same team I have been watching all year. There was no panic in Cincy or Denver. The dropped balls, blown assignments, squandered field position, poor decisions and stooopid penalties are a result of not "keeping your head in the game". Very uncharacteristic for this team, this year. :clap:

Reactions/decisions controlled by emotion are almost always less sound than those made with a controlled/rational mind. Hey, emotion that is "out-of-control" lead to "crimes of passion" and "temporary insanity".

I remember when Marty completely lost his Chief's team, for good, emotionally, on and off the field. Many of you may not remember how Derrick Thomas completely lost his head in a prime time game. Marty was unable to help him regain his composure, and the chief's team was never the same, IMO, after that game. It was a watershed moment for that team and Marty was gone shortly after that season (as I remember, Chief's homers can help me out with more specifics, but as an AFC west opponent, I may be more tuned into that than others.)

The Chargers lost that game because they lost it between the ears. In battle, the inspiration and composure by officers can mean the difference between winning and losing. The same is true for a Football team. Just because you have the best guns, doesn't mean you are going to win. Marty lost his composuer in the Jets game two years ago, and he clearly was not thinking clearly this time either. That has a trickle down effect to the troops/players.

Marty is a great teacher and has built a great foundation. His ability to do so should be recognized, b ut like Coryell, will probably be excluded from the Hall. I do appreciate and respect what he has done for the Chargers, but it is time for him to hand over the keys to someone who can drive it better. I don't hate him, actually rather like him as a person and wish him all the best, BUT...

...I still believe... Marty must go! :bash:

Marty is obviously not capable of preparing a team between the ears to win these big games. The fundamentals start to melt down when emotion takes over, it is harder to do everything at this point! It was obvious that a team that showed great resiliancy during the season had a totally different mind set during that game. Like I said before, that was NOT the same team I have been watching all year. There was no panic in Cincy or Denver. The dropped balls, blown assignments, squandered field position, poor decisions and stooopid penalties are a result of not "keeping your head in the game". Very uncharacteristic for this team, this year. :D

Maybe this had to due with the fact that the Chargers were a young team with very little playoff experience, while their opponent has been battle-tested. When the playoffs come, it is a whole new atmosphere, the pressure is on and experience can be VERY helpful.

I really think that the issue you have is that in your head, the Chargers are the most talented team in football. This may or may not be true, as it is hard to judge talent. However, no matter how it happened, I knew you would blame Marty for this loss (he does deserve some blame, but, there is plenty to go around), as you did in their other two losses during the season.

And since some of you don't take "Emotion" seriously from me and my "cray posts". Let's see what players from EACH team said after the game, shall we???

I know I'ver heard the "old cliche" a few times about an "emotional win" or an "emotional loss", or am I just making that up? :doh:

But, I guess preparing your team's psyche has NOTHING to do with coaching!?!? I don't care how well a team is prepared physically or strategically, you also have to have your head "right".

With the vast football experience you have I'm sure you have heard at least once the term, "Keep your head in the game!" !

Marty is obviously not capable of preparing a team between the ears to win these big games. The fundamentals start to melt down when emotion takes over, it is harder to do everything at this point! It was obvious that a team that showed great resiliancy during the season had a totally different mind set during that game. Like I said before, that was NOT the same team I have been watching all year. There was no panic in Cincy or Denver. The dropped balls, blown assignments, squandered field position, poor decisions and stooopid penalties are a result of not "keeping your head in the game". Very uncharacteristic for this team, this year. :tup:

Reactions/decisions controlled by emotion are almost always less sound than those made with a controlled/rational mind. Hey, emotion that is "out-of-control" lead to "crimes of passion" and "temporary insanity".

I remember when Marty completely lost his Chief's team, for good, emotionally, on and off the field. Many of you may not remember how Derrick Thomas completely lost his head in a prime time game. Marty was unable to help him regain his composure, and the chief's team was never the same, IMO, after that game. It was a watershed moment for that team and Marty was gone shortly after that season (as I remember, Chief's homers can help me out with more specifics, but as an AFC west opponent, I may be more tuned into that than others.)

The Chargers lost that game because they lost it between the ears. In battle, the inspiration and composure by officers can mean the difference between winning and losing. The same is true for a Football team. Just because you have the best guns, doesn't mean you are going to win. Marty lost his composuer in the Jets game two years ago, and he clearly was not thinking clearly this time either. That has a trickle down effect to the troops/players.

Marty is a great teacher and has built a great foundation. His ability to do so should be recognized, b ut like Coryell, will probably be excluded from the Hall. I do appreciate and respect what he has done for the Chargers, but it is time for him to hand over the keys to someone who can drive it better. I don't hate him, actually rather like him as a person and wish him all the best, BUT...

...I still believe... Marty must go! :clap:

Good post, but I still think you'd regret losing Marty.

As to the highlighted above. As you may have noticed I am a hugh DT fan. The game was against Denver on Monday night. The player was Shannon "my face looks just like the Broncos logo" Sharpe. Denver got up in the game and with it already it hand, Sharpe started mouthing off to DT before every play, nobody ever said what Sharpe was talking about to get under DT's skin, but I could imagine it was pretty bad, maybe about his mother :bash: who DT as most sons are, was very fond of. Nevertheless, DT lined up across from him, grabbed him by the face mask after every play and slammed his face into the turf. Sharpe is one of the biggest loud mouth punks there ever was and I enjoyed every slam and watching that punk dig out turf from his face mask after everry play. Marty didn't lose DT in that game, he simply didn't care cause he knew, just as well as everyone else that Sharpe never displayed a single ounce of sportsmanship on the field. The Chiefs didn't get another MNF game for 2 seasons if I rfemember correctly when they were averaging at the time 2-3 a year.

Now, there are a few rumors that went on that lead to Marty's departure, but the main rumor that was going around was that Marty had hit on one of the players wives during an outing and lost all respect from the players, thus the reason he lost the team all around. He was gone after that.

Maybe this had to due with the fact that the Chargers were a young team with very little playoff experience, while their opponent has been battle-tested. When the playoffs come, it is a whole new atmosphere, the pressure is on and experience can be VERY helpful.

I really think that the issue you have is that in your head, the Chargers are the most talented team in football.

Exactly, that and it really seemed to me like from the get go, both teams were jaw jacking after a lot of plays. I really took it ass NE trying to get into the heads of the players of SD. Was this maybe the reason a bunch of Chiefs players called the Chargers "soft"? I don't know, but NE was definately in their head. I think the head butt is definately a loss of composure and that probably also stemmed from all teh smack talk going on, it was an inexcuseable penalty for sure....but you can't fault Marty for some player doing something like that.

Take this for example...maybe not the best example, but one nonetheless. Had Deangelo Hall retailiated against TO and thrown a punch or something that led to him being exjected, suspended or whatever...could you pin that on Jim Mora? I see instances like that, as well as the Sharpe vs. DT incident as players who lost there cool....theres just sometimes in life when you can't put the blame of someone else on actions that they had no direct result in.....and these are instances of those IMO...you can't blame a coach for a player losing his cool.

OMG...You call yourself a Steeler Fan? It is bad enough we blew as many AFC title games as we did with Cowher. Now you want Marty. You really must be a Bengals fan.

Sorry for disagreeing with you, Zeke. With the other coaches out there on the list, yes, I would rather bring in a coach with solid experience and that knows how to win. I'll take my chances that he can get his post-season woes figured out, but, I'd like a coach with his kind of track record coming in.

A track record of never winning any big game. Never, not one? Remember, we want championships in this town. To quote an old coach" You are not in Cleveland"

I want championships too, and I think Schottenheimer is capable of getitng one. I know he hasn't shown it yet, but, unlike others who are entitled to their opinion, I think he is very capable.