[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moose Johnston offended by Chad Johnson's jacket

LooGie

I have always liked CJ, and although it wasnt as offensive as people were making it, it also wasnt that funny. It was kind of disappointing considering all the hype he gave it.

Now I was at work, so can somoene verify for me that he got a 15 yard penalty on it, right? After the normal field goal kicker had hurt himself and they didnt know if he would continue? So the punter (who doesnt normally kick FG's was going to have to handle extra points, I know he did on that play) had to kick the extra point from the 25 yard line instead of the 10, thus making it a relatively difficult kick for someone who wasnt used to because of CJ's antics. The punter misses, and low and behold, Cincy is down 20-19 in the 4th quarter. Good thing for CJ it didnt end that way.

If that is all true, he has to stay in his shoes. I know he likes to have fun, and I think he is not trying to show anyone up (ala TO), but he has to control it, especially if it is going to hurt his team

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's been hamstrung by the league. He's forced to run all the way to the sidelines to celebrate, by then most everyone is focused back on the game. The league needs to allow celebrations in the endzone, no props is fine but let people do a little dance or something, it's a damn game and the spectators enjoy it.

This wasn't as funny as some of his other stuff, but it amazes me how some of you momos force yourself to take certain things so seriously.

Some of we "momos" view football as a team game - some even as the ultimate team game - and hate to see some punk-ass puke drawing so much attention to himself when his touchdown was the result of such a team effort. Some of we "momos" also tend to enjoy the game for what it is and don't need the assinine 1st grade level sideshows to have the game be entertaining.

Some of we "momos" view football as a team game - some even as the ultimate team game - and hate to see some punk-ass puke drawing so much attention to himself when his touchdown was the result of such a team effort. Some of we "momos" also tend to enjoy the game for what it is and don't need the assinine 1st grade level sideshows to have the game be entertaining.

Yeah, but you momos are no fun. :D

I didn't find it very funny, maybe a 2 out of 10 on the humor scale. I'm pretty prudish on the celebration scale but anyone who was "offended" by that whether its Moose or anyone else - "uptight" doesn't even begin to describe them, how about "put a piece of coal up their bum and it will turn into a diamond" is how I'd describe them. In what way was it remotely offensive?

And I had CINN as my preseason rep for the AFC in the Super Bowl. I'd say that hass a fat chance of happening after watching 3 of their games thus far this season. Unless Palmer puts this team on his back IF they get in the playoffs then I was just dead wrong. I thought for sure they'd shore up that D a little, but I am still pretty skeptical at the moment.

Anybody else notice Landon Johnson was all over the field last night? He certainly played his @$$ off.

The AFC rep will come from the Bengals division, but, it won't be either team that played last night....... :D

P.S. It also won't be the one that lost 34-7.

:D

Yeah, but you momos are no fun. :D

What I find fun is imagining what Butkus, Nitchske, or Lambert would have done to Johnson if he had pulled that kind of sh!t back then.

Now that's some fine entertainment. None of the D players these days have the balls to take him off his game - so to speak.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I thought aping the HoF might have been taking it a bit too far, but isn't taking it a bit too far what CJ's all about? The man is one of the best in the game at what he does, has been such, and will be such for quite a while. If that doesn't make him a Hall of Famer, what does? Would you rather have CJ--who pulls silly antics like this and produces like a stud, at will--or, say, a Randy Moss, who loafs and makes trouble off the field? Moss may ultimately be the more talented wideout, but CJ makes it happen every game, and by the end of this year I think it will be inarguable that he is the best reciever in the game today.

Peace

policy

He does not make it happen everytime. Housh makes it happen every time. Chad blows past the secondary a few times a game, but Housh is much more reliable.

And the best in the game? :D Yah, hate to tell you, but he could still learn a thing or two from Harrison, Wayne, Smith, Moss, Fitz, Boldin and Holt

edit: and i'm not saying each one of these guys are better than Chad, I'm saying they all do some things MUCH better than he does. Smitty is the best IMO, and that's only because Harrison is getting long in the tooth, but STILL the best route runner there is. Period.

just FYI, through their first six seasons.....

michael irvin - 337 catches, 5694 yards, 34 TDs

chad johnson - 466 catches, 6925 yards, 41 TDs

:wacko: good nugget.

Fixed.

I know championship rings are a team thing, but, they do seem to have an influence on making the hall of fame.

:D even better nugget!

Edited by LooGie

:D

And then in the meantime while he is celebrating his kicker misses the XP.

What amazes me is the coaches not stopping the nonsense. I blame them more than Chad Johnson. everyone can see chad Johnson is not real bright but the coaches are supposed to be and should let him know he is nothing more than a distraction.

Little off topic here but did anyone else notice Chad Johnson faking injury after each play. I've never seen a WR do that.

After every time he caught the ball, he would get up slowly and then limp back to the huddle. The as soon as the next play started he'd fly down the field perfectly OK.

Reminded me of the Muhammed Ali rope-a-dope.

He wasn't faking. He's a pu$$.

What I find fun is imagining what Butkus, Nitchske, or Lambert would have done to Johnson if he had pulled that kind of sh!t back then.

:D probably what they did to billy white-shoes johnson. oh wait....they didn't give a dam either way about some dude dancing after he scored? they didn't get all stupid and indignant about "the game" being disgraced? huh, imagine that. :D

I find it offensive to message boarding when some guys stir up controversy just to draw attention to themselves. I just hope the HOF of Message Boards takes this in to consideration when they vote. I bet Al Gore and Timothy Berners-Lee are turning over in their graves right now.

:D probably what they did to billy white-shoes johnson. oh wait....they didn't give a dam either way about some dude dancing after he scored? they didn't get all stupid and indignant about "the game" being disgraced? huh, imagine that. :D

Comparing White Shoe's stuff to the crap being put forth these days is a bit far fetched, don't you think?

Nevermind. I forgot to consider the source...