[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S.Jackson Groin Tear - How Serious?

SpinalTapp

It's just be too convenient if they came out and told us "SJax will be out for _____ weeks." Instead we have to deal with this week to week stuff.

I seem to remember that right after they announced he was hurt, they were saying they hoped he would only be out for one week. Then they wasted no time this week...making the announcement on Monday.

Given that the Rams suck so much anyway, I've basically decided to treat my team as if SJax is not on it. Problem is, he doesn't have enough trade value because he hasn't done much this year.

Maybe he's not really hurt....maybe they have him touring the country looking for a new O-line.

I've seen groin "pulls" take a couple of weeks.

"Tear" could really be problematic.

Usually, the athlete regains staight ahead running and experiences difficulties in cutting. Reinjuring is always a concern.

It also depends on what methods they're using to treat it. I'm sure the trainer must be applying electrical stim, but there are a few other treatments available that I find really effective, but a lot of trainers discount.

Without actually seeing the injury and knowing the treatment protocols and the athletes recuperative abilities, it really is a big guessing game.

Could be weeks...could be months. And you know they're not giving out all the information they have, one way or another.

Don't know if this helps at all.

Its much easier to predict injuries like separated shoulders and dislocations than muscular injuries.

Yeah, when they said he's "week-to-week" with a GROIN TEAR, I immediately wrote him off for the next 4 weeks. I think the earliest he'll have a chance at being effective is six weeks.

Peace

policy

+1. This, ISMHO, is potentially a season-long issue. I don't own him in any league, thankfully, but I don't see how he's going to be a major factor this year.

I tore mine my freshman year in college. I don't know the percentage, but it was torn enough to turn the inside of my leg black and blue. I couldn't do anything for a month and it hurt like hell for 6 months. They can wrap everything up nice and tight, but the pain will be there this entire season. I would be very suprised if he's back before week 10...if at all.

The Rams bye is week nine, I'd be stunned to see him before week 10. That being said, that knucklehead Linehan keeps running Bulger out there so who knows?

By the way, Rams Park (their offices and training facility) is about 5 minutes from my house. Should I run over there and ask to talk to the trainers? "Miss, you don't understand, Steven Jackson is on my fantasy team and I really need to know how his groin is."

Could work, right?

STL Fan,

if you wouldn't mind doing that...that would be great...M'Kay.

And yes, I got the memo about the TPS reports, I have it right here.

The fact that the Rams will most likely go 0-16 this year he may never be back. If you can keep the tread on the tires of your sports car for another year why not?

I agree. I think they may run him a little once he recovers, but they're going to be way out of the playoff hunt, so it would be pointless to risk reinjury later in the season.