[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bart Scott’s meltdown

zmanzzzz

Also, if you have never seen this kind of behavior in the school that you taught for 12 years, it leads me to believe that you never taught anything. Not sure what you have against me, but get over it. It's a forum and we post our opinions.

:D at "having something against you". You posted your opinion, which clearly excuses Scott's behavior given the circumstances, and my opinion is that you are full of sh!t on this matter.

And stating that in your opinion that I must not have taught anything beacuse I don't buy into this kind of idiotic behavior and never have, and have only seen it where people were seriously impaired, only reinforces my opinion that you don't know your a$$hole from a hole in the ground.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is trying to make excuses (I don't think) but merely trying to understand what makes a person (in this case Bart Scott) do what they do. If anything, it's called empathy.

Football players don't go nuts. Never! :D You've never seen anyone lose their $hit playing a game? :D Last time I checked, John McEnroe is doing commericals for that Mastercard you use. What a bunch of moralizing "adults."

If you think Bart Scott went ballistic, then you better check

out - :wacko: Edited by Gros Membres!

If you think Bart Scott went ballistic, then you better check
out - :D

:D

You do know that the link you posted is from a movie and isn't real life, right?

And lol at using McEnroe as an example of behavior that draws empathy from others. Nicely done.

Edited by Bronco Billy

When Tom Brady was screaming at the ref at the end of the Colts game,isnt that the same thing?He lost his temper and berated the ref,how about Vrabel swearing at the same refs as Scott going off the field?

Edited by xtra

Yes, I know it's from a movie. It's called humor having a sense of humor and perspective. Bart Scott threw a flag. He didn't kill anyone.

It's the age old moralism debate played out by Broncobilly in Bart Scott form! Wow. :D

And, sorry dude, but you missed the point on the empathy. I believe the point that many have tried to make in this thread, which you have repeatedly ignored, is that Scott's behavior is understandable from an emotional point of view and not a moralistic point of view. No one has said his behavior was excusable. Empathy is putting yourself in someone else's shoes. In other words, looking at the information and orienting yourself before passing judgement. I don't think anyone has tried to make excuses, just trying to fully understand before assessing judgement.

And since you do consider yourself an "adult", I just thought McEnroe being the "face" of Mastercard might be up your alley. Lol at you more than likely supporting a guy that has thrown more rackets and cussed out more umpires than Bart Scott ever will.

Yes, I know it's from a movie. It's called humor having a sense of humor and perspective. Bart Scott threw a flag. He didn't kill anyone.

No, he just committed two personal foul penalties which pretty much killed any chance for his team to run the ball back to decent field position. It's not like Boller had a ton of difficulty marching his team down the field on that last drive.

No, he just committed two personal foul penalties which pretty much killed any chance for his team to run the ball back to decent field position. It's not like Boller had a ton of difficulty marching his team down the field on that last drive.

You may be right about that.

What bothers me the most is even with the ball at the 20 yard line the Ravens then opted to throw two passes into the middle of the field, meaning the clock continued to run. Re-watching that series now, after the first completion no one knew what the next play was and an extra 5 to 7 seconds were lost. The confusion was inexcusable. That lost time could have been valuable after Clayton caught the ball at the goal line.

I'm trying to recal Nietsche, Ham Lambert,, Singletary or Gradishar melting down. I seem to recall Taylor losing it once or twice, and the Mad Stork could fly off occassionally, but generally emotional control under stress is an important part of the game.

:D Nitschke

Oh.

Good one! That was really, really funny & added a nice humorous perspective. :D

Bart Scott threw a flag. He didn't kill anyone.

Thanks for quantifying that. I also was getting concerned that people in this thread were equating murder with an unsportsmanlike penalty in a football game.

Scott's behavior is understandable from an emotional point of view

Why is that, exactly? There's nothing to be empathetic about. His actions are not understandable. He is a professional athlete paid huges gobs of money to play a game. It's not understandable that he he acts like a 2 year old and throws an official's flag after a call that went against his team (a correct call, no less), and significantly affects whatever slim chances his team has of making a comeback in the game. If he can't keep his emotions in check in a game like professional football, then he needs to find another line of work.

And since you do consider yourself an "adult", I just thought McEnroe being the "face" of Mastercard might be up your alley. Lol at you more than likely supporting a guy that has thrown more rackets and cussed out more umpires than Bart Scott ever will.

Where exactly did you get any idea that I supported McEnroe's on-court tantrums? Is there even one iota of evidence anywhere that supports your claim or are you just diverting the argument irrationally because you didn't realize that the youtube video you linked was a movie until I pointed it out to you?

McEnroe's actions were as much of a disgrace as what Scott did, with Scott's transgression superceding what McEnroe did in that McEnroe only hurt himself (though it could be reasonably argued that he hurt the sport that he was a part of) whereas Scott's acts directly affected all of his team.

You posted your opinion, which clearly excuses Scott's behavior given the circumstances, and my opinion is that you are full of sh!t on this matter.

My post "It's easy for us to criticize him for what he did, and I'm not saying it's justified on his part". Those are my exact words so maybe you should read the original post before you become such a jack-off about it. Do I clearly say I excuse his behavior, NO. I am merely pointing out that they are under a lot of pressure and things happen. Like someone else said, we are trying to analyze how this stuff happens and why. Apparently you like to be a jerk on these boards and try to swizzle peoples comments. If that makes you feel like a man (or woman, I can't tell from the postings) then more power to you. I will not back down to "Biff's" like you and I will post accordingly, so get used to it.

My post "It's easy for us to criticize him for what he did, and I'm not saying it's justified on his part". Those are my exact words so maybe you should read the original post before you become such a jack-off about it. Do I clearly say I excuse his behavior, NO. I am merely pointing out that they are under a lot of pressure and things happen. Like someone else said, we are trying to analyze how this stuff happens and why. Apparently you like to be a jerk on these boards and try to swizzle peoples comments. If that makes you feel like a man (or woman, I can't tell from the postings) then more power to you. I will not back down to "Biff's" like you and I will post accordingly, so get used to it.

Oooohhhhhhh.

Well, a "Biff" ( :D ) doesn't get into a disagrement about football and then stupidly start raising question about someone's capability to do their job, like you did, arsehole. What's next, are you going to use the old "Your mother wore army boots", or "Your wife is so fat...." crapola to "enhance" your side of the debate?

I'd be careful where you tread if I were you and had such an incredibly thin skin and then feel the need to go adolescent to defend yourself, "Marty".

Edited by Bronco Billy

McEnroe's actions were as much of a disgrace as what Scott did, with Scott's transgression superceding what McEnroe did in that McEnroe only hurt himself (though it could be reasonably argued that he hurt the sport that he was a part of) whereas Scott's acts directly affected all of his team.

Hijacking here.

I bet McEnroe's tantrums helped the sport. Everybody wanted to watch him blow up.

You may be right about that.

What bothers me the most is even with the ball at the 20 yard line the Ravens then opted to throw two passes into the middle of the field, meaning the clock continued to run. Re-watching that series now, after the first completion no one knew what the next play was and an extra 5 to 7 seconds were lost. The confusion was inexcusable. That lost time could have been valuable after Clayton caught the ball at the goal line.

right I believe they had 44 sec and one time out. Enough time to run a few out routes to advance and stop the clock and possibly kick a FG

Bottom line - he threw a temper tantrum just as my 2 year old used to do. It was very unprofessional and very childish. I do not see how you can argue against either of these points.

The fact that this occured in a "high pressure" situation while he was on the job is irrelevant. I don't recall that I have EVER seen a professional non-athlete throw a temper tantrum ... even in high pressure situations. In the "real" world where people work for a living that kind of behavior is a quick way to find yourself out of a job.

I've been holding back on those just in case he really starts to scare me and I need something decisively nasty to call him.

Hey Bronco, I apologize if I came across as an internet tough guy. I don't like when other people say that crap and I shouldn't have. I don't post out here to piss people off (at least not intentionally).

Call a truce, or am I in the corner??? :D

Man you guys are a bunch of stuffed shirts...you've never gotten frustrated about something or angry with someone and maybe slammed a door or threw something across the room...slammed your fist on a desk/table in anger, yelled at someone in the car? Gotten in an argument with someone?

Edit: sorry, but I'm going to have to call bull**** on that one. :D

Edited by rajncajn

Call a truce, or am I in the corner??? :D

Hey, we're just discussing football & having a difference of opinion, man. If that didn't happen occassionally, this board would be downright boring. There's nothing personal.

If you disagree, hold your ground, back it up with facts, and throw a few good natured barbs in for some fun. Don't take sh!t from anyone and understand that both parties might have good points.

The main thing is to share some info, have good discussions, and have a little fun while talking about the greatest game in the world. Hell, I'm having great fun with this. You and I will probably agree 100% on another thread.

Kumbayah, brother!