[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great article on the overrated Brett Favre

FishFreak

Favre played alot ..threw alot of passes ...wore green and yellow and tried real hard to win :wacko:

seriously , a class act who did break some incredible records , who played every week as he was tough as nails and wanted to win as badly as anyone ( which sometimes led to his mistakes as he tried too hard to make some impossible passes)

He goes down as one of my favoritre football players of all time and i enjoyed watching him when i could

Favre played alot ..threw alot of passes ...wore green and yellow and tried real hard to win :D

seriously , a class act who did break some incredible records , who played every week as he was tough as nails and wanted to win as badly as anyone ( which sometimes led to his mistakes as he tried too hard to make some impossible passes)

He goes down as one of my favoritre football players of all time and i enjoyed watching him when i could

Couldn't have said it better. :wacko:

Brett Favre is no Daunte Culpepper, that's for sure.....

Nevermind the stretch in the mid 90's when he won three MVP's... You're an idiot. :wacko:

:D

made me laugh out loud for some reason ( and no disrespect to Fishfreak as everyone is entitled to their opinion )

Edited by isleseeya

:wacko:

made me laugh out loud for some reason ( and no disrespect to Fishfreak as everyone is entitled to their opinion )

I initially felt a little wrong for calling him an idiot, but that is what he wanted by throwing that kind of bait out there. To not look at a complete body of work when discussing where a player sits on the all time list is asinine in my opinion. To attribute his greatness only to being durable is even more asinine.

Let's say an alien race comes to Earth and gives all of humanity one opportunity to play them in a game of football for the survival of planet Earth. The aliens are vastly superior mentally and physically. To make the playing field more even, they allow the humans to pick one QB to morph into his "prime" self and lead the team.

I can guarantee you humanity would not settle on Dan Marino to win one game for their survival.

You are an idiot.

Nevermind the stretch in the mid 90's when he won three MVP's... You're an idiot. :wacko:

This guy offered an opinion that dared not to polish Favres knob and you guys call him an idiot ? Why ? I may not agree with the guy but this article isnt the first article to ever call Favre into question a little bit. I dont ever remember Joe Montana choking in multiple playoff games. Favre was awesome for the game and a stud back in the day but he is not above any form of criticism whatsoever.

This guy offered an opinion that dared not to polish Favres knob and you guys call him an idiot ? Why ? I may not agree with the guy but this article isnt the first article to ever call Favre into question a little bit. I dont ever remember Joe Montana choking in multiple playoff games. Favre was awesome for the game and a stud back in the day but he is not above any form of criticism whatsoever.

Favre is not above criticism, but if you think he is a top 10 QB only because he was durable, you're definitely an idiot.

This guy offered an opinion that dared not to polish Favres knob and you guys call him an idiot ? Why ?

Because...outside of Big John and maybe Chavez :wacko: , thats the biggest word most cheeseheads know!

Because...outside of Big John and maybe Chavez :wacko: , thats the biggest word most cheeseheads know!

Cheesehead's a pretty big word. Especially when you order double cheese. :brew:

At least we can spell it and we don't wear those ghey horns. :D

If I was to say Jerry Rice was a top ten, but only because he's durable, that was be pure idiocy. The games that he choked in playoff wise were later on in his career. How many quarterbacks led their team to a 14-4 record at the age of 38? It's not about being above criticism, as I've been fairly critical over the past few weeks, but when I see something as asinine as the original post I'll call it out.

Troy Aikman was good, but only because he played behind a great line and had Smith and Irvin on his team... That's the same logic.

Oh burn...

Troy Aikman was good, but only because he played behind a great line and had Smith and Irvin on his team... That's the same logic.

You're an idiot