[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hmmm... Tatum Bell is that good?

DMD

The Lions have not drafted a RB even though all they have is Tatum Bell... They were the one team I thought would be most likely to draft a RB since they had the biggest need (among many). This is one interesting draft but DET going OT and OLB before a RB is a surprise to me.

The Lions have not drafted a RB even though all they have is Tatum Bell... They were the one team I thought would be most likely to draft a RB since they had the biggest need (among many). This is one interesting draft but DET going OT and OLB before a RB is a surprise to me.

Draft Tashard Choice in the 3rd?

Guest Chappy

I would think maybe SA might be an option for them but I hear that Denver might be looking to get him. Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Mike Hart, Kevin Smith and Tashard Choice are decent RB options that are still on the board.

Edited by Chappy

When you have a glaring need, is it smart to wait until 8 or 9 of the position have already been taken? All positions are important but a new offense without a decent RB? Curious to me.

Guest Chappy
When you have a glaring need, is it smart to wait until 8 or 9 of the position have already been taken? All positions are important but a new offense without a decent RB? Curious to me.

I agree that RB was one of, if not the most pressing need for the Lions. But this is the Lions we're talking about, so their draft and not taking a better RB sooner kind of was to be expected.

Guest Chappy
In three years teams are going to be kicking themselves for not drafting Tashard Choice. :wacko: MJD2

I can't say he won't be as good but he's definitely got a different body style than MJD. Choice is 6 ft tall and weighs in at 205 lbs. MJD is 5 inches!! shorter and outweighs (albeit only slightly) Choice by about 10 lbs coming in at 212 lbs.

This draft is 12-13 deep in RBs who have the talent to be major contributors. The guys who could plug in and start at OT and LB were disappearing quickly. The draft board could not have fallen out worse for the Lions, with Harvey, Mayo, Clady, and Stewart all going ahead of them. I think they made an excellent trade, and got two high-effort, high-motor starters at desperate need positions. Considering the nightmare scenario that played out today, they played it to a T. Matt Forte going ahead of them in the second hurts, though--I think they were banking on Rice or Forte being there at 3.05.

Peace

policy

This draft is 12-13 deep in RBs who have the talent to be major contributors. The guys who could plug in and start at OT and LB were disappearing quickly. The draft board could not have fallen out worse for the Lions, with Harvey, Mayo, Clady, and Stewart all going ahead of them. I think they made an excellent trade, and got two high-effort, high-motor starters at desperate need positions. Considering the nightmare scenario that played out today, they played it to a T. Matt Forte going ahead of them in the second hurts, though--I think they were banking on Rice or Forte being there at 3.05.

Peace

policy

I've got to think so too. The Bears suck.

Remember this 5 years from now. This will be one of the greatest if not the greatest draft for rb's ever. If they can get Smith they will get more production than Mccrackhead will deliver.

I, too, was surprised that the Millen actually made the correct decision in not drafting a RB early. RB seems to be the position in the NFL with the biggest supply/demand imbalance in favor of excess supply. I'm not saying that guys like Tomlinson are a dime a dozen, but if a team can build a decent OL, it's been shown time and time again that a undervalued vet, a mid-to-late round pick, or an UDFA (or some combination of those) can give a team a respectable running game. The Lions have not had much of a line, and that has contributed to their piss-poor running game more than a lack of talent at RB.

I think the Lions will grab a back in the 3rd and/or swing a deal for one of Oakland's bajillion excess RBs.

I expect our 3rd to be a rb, do not see how not unless SA is in the works or something. Really thought we'd take Mendenhall.

This pick was another Matt Milen brain cramp. I'm not slamming Cherilus, but Mendenhall should have been the pick here. This draft is really loaded with o-line talent, and I think they could have found a solid tackle later.

If it's any consolation Lions fans, you still have the best starting quarterback in the NFC North. :wacko:

There's a rumor going around that Raiders will send Bush to the Lions for a 3rd and a 5th.

Lions have expressed interest in RB Michael Bush from the Raiders..., per radio station 97.1 in detroit...

There's a rumor going around that Raiders will send Bush to the Lions for a 3rd and a 5th.

That seems pricey to me, unless Millen has some inside knowledge about Bush's health. The fact that the Raiders drafted McFadden does not indicate that the Raiders have much faith in Bush's health. I'd be fine with a fifth this year and some sort of conditional for next year.

That seems pricey to me, unless Millen has some inside knowledge about Bush's health. The fact that the Raiders drafted McFadden does not indicate that the Raiders have much faith in Bush's health. I'd be fine with a fifth this year and some sort of conditional for next year.

I don't now about that. They probably think McFadden is better. Offer a 4th. Or a conditional offer would make sense too.

Signed

Bush owner in DW3

The Lions have an extra 3rd from the Chiefs trade. It's still too high of a price. Wasn't he a 4th round pick last year? So they want more for a player who sat out a full year injured?

The Lions have an extra 3rd from the Chiefs trade. It's still too high of a price. Wasn't he a 4th round pick last year? So they want more for a player who sat out a full year injured?

Kein Smith, you likely got the best rb in the draft.

You mean the best running back available, right? I like Smith a lot, but I wouldn't say best of the draft. He also did put a ton of wear on the tires last year with the amount of carries he had last year.

not that's not what I meant. You can poo poo this kid all you like but he has had less wear (and crack) on the tires than mcfadden.