[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler Says....

Shorttynaz

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us not forget that is was Cutler who requested his release in the first place after the QB coach was let go. Now there is sentiment brewing for the Cutler camp. Ugh....it gets old. Cutler starts something then tries to weasel out of it by blaming the other side. Sound familiar? :wacko:

FWIW, this has never been proven and he denies it.

I like him going to DET. Cutler + megatron = pants tight.

At this point I would LOVE for the Lions to just give the 1.1 and take Cutler and call it a day. They have enough picks to make this work for them in a huge way. But by the way it looks they can give away the 2nd rounder and call it a day because they may have to release him or receive nothing because they know he is disgruntled.

Broncs fans, what do you think the odds are that Bowlen/McDaniels accept draft picks for Cutler? If being a game shy of the playoffs gets Coach Kevlar run out of town, will Bowlen be okay with rebuilding around Sims and/or a rookie? Much of the speculation is swirling around draft picks, but Mort says the Broncos would need 'a quarterback' in return, which . . . if you had a QB good enough to trade for Cutler straight up, why would you?

Peace

policy

What about Leinart?

broncos might be willing to listen (leinart and.....???), but I don't see how that makes sense for a team that just gave kurt warner $23 million.

the cleveland thing might make sense on some level. but I think reality is probably that the broncos will be getting the best value offers from the teams with the biggest black holes at QB -- which means non-QB compensation coming back. which means chris simms, or a retread like garcia, or a rookie behind center for the broncos this year :wacko:

broncos might be willing to listen (leinart and.....???), but I don't see how that makes sense for a team that just gave kurt warner $23 million.

the cleveland thing might make sense on some level. but I think reality is probably that the broncos will be getting the best value offers from the teams with the biggest black holes at QB -- which means non-QB compensation coming back. which means chris simms, or a retread like garcia, or a rookie behind center for the broncos this year :wacko:

As stated earlier in this thread, Cutler doesn't have a hugh contract, so it wouldn't make that much of a difference financially. The only problem it creates is Cutler's ego when he sits the bench behind Warner, but part of me things that he deserves it...

Leinart + Boldin for Cutler + Scheffler? Hell, it would ease the pain of losing Cutler if we had Boldin lined up opposite Marshall with Royal in the slot. I actually think either Leinart or Simms could make that situation work. However, that scenario seems extremely remote, as I really don't think the Cardinals want to move Boldin. I also wonder if any of these players have any no-trade clauses in their respective contracts...

Actually, my preference, partly to annoy Bronco Billy is to pick up Byron Leftwich and let him and Simms compete. And trade Cutler for players/picks to help the DEF.

Well, my real preference is to fire McJoke.

Annoy Bronco Billy. :wacko:

What is Shanahan doing right now?

I want to see a recently hired HC fired and the old coach brought back the same year he was fired. It's never happened before has it BJ?

Actually, my preference, partly to annoy Bronco Billy is to pick up Byron Leftwich and let him and Simms compete. And trade Cutler for players/picks to help the DEF.

annoying bronco billy is shooting fish in a barrell. and I actually kind of agree with you. they're probably going to get the best value trading him to a team that doesn't have valuable QBs to trade back.

Annoy Bronco Billy. :wacko:

What is Shanahan doing right now?

I want to see a recently hired HC fired and the old coach brought back the same year he was fired. It's never happened before has it BJ?

not in the same year.

An NFL source said at least four teams called the Broncos this week in hopes of sparking Cutler trade discussions. The Broncos, however, are not obligated to act on Cutler's request.

The team is expected to reach out to Cutler and agent Bus Cook before departing for Southern California, but once there, trade offers could pour in. All 32 head coaches are expected to attend the league meetings. If the Broncos do decide it's best for the organization to trade Cutler, what can the team expect in return?

"They should be able to pick a quarterback off a roster and get two No. 1s — one this year and one next year," an NFL executive said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/...5847?source=rss

Bowlen has now stated publicly that, "If he (Cutler) is unhappy in Denver, then why should he be here?". And reports are that DEN has become extraordinarily active in trying to move him in the past couple of days.

Hard to believe, but true, and I'm pretty certain this is a harbinger of exactly where this franchise is going to head in the near future.