[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 = The year of the... well... errr... everything?

DMD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks DMD has not had the first pick in too many drafts over the past few seasons.

In all honesty - I cannot remember the last time I had #1. Or even a top three pick. I am almost a lock for getting a pick of 7th to 10th in every league.

In all honesty - I cannot remember the last time I had #1. Or even a top three pick. I am almost a lock for getting a pick of 7th to 10th in every league.

Tell Grandma and the cat that you're quitting your 8 team league and are going to play with some real FFers. You'll find yourself with more lucrative draft positions.

:wacko:

Is it crazy that I think Roddy White as the 9th WR off the board seems like a steal? I think he has a very good shot at being top 5 at the WR position in a PPR league.

He certainly could, as he finished as the 4th ranked WR in my PPR leagues last year. However, the 3 players right behind him were behind by about 3 points and a 4th player by about 8 points. Those players were- Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin who missed 4 games and was #1 in average points scored per game played, Greg Jennings and Steve Smith who missed 2 games. And you could factor in a Tom Brady-less Randy Moss and Wes Welker and TJ Houshmandzadeh playing without a true QB and who now has Hasselbeck throwing to him. Also, how much does Braylon Edwards bounce back with Quinn likely throwing to him and Marques Colston also missed 5 games. Chad Ochocinco also missed 3 games and didn't have Palmer throwing to him all year. Roddy White was 7th in average points scored per game (taking Burleson's one game out of the equation). And we can't forget Reggie Wayne.

So yeah, White could be a Top 5 WR but with many other scenerios to consider, he could also fall to be in the Top 10 or even just outside. Here's a list of guys who'll be all bunched at the top (in no specific order)-

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Calvin Johnson

Steve Smith

Randy Moss

Anquan Boldin

Roddy White

Marques Colston

Wes Welker

Greg Jennings

Chad Ochocinco

Reggie Wayne

TJ Houshmandzadeh

Brandon Marshall

Braylon Edwards (was 34th last year so doesn't even belong in the mix but who knows)

Then you have outside guys like- Antonio Bryant, Dwayne Bowe, Santonio Holmes, Terrell Owens, Eddie Royal, Lance Moore, Vincent Jackson, Laveranues Coles, Plaxico Burress (who knows how the legal stuff will play out), Hines Ward, Santana Moss, etc. who could all fall in line after that group and for most of them, even before Edwards like last year.

Sorry if I missed anybody as I was just puting this together quickly.

Edited by irish

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Calvin Johnson

Steve Smith

Randy Moss

Anquan Boldin

Roddy White

Marques Colston

Wes Welker

Greg Jennings

Chad Ochocinco

Reggie Wayne

TJ Houshmandzadeh

Brandon Marshall

Braylon Edwards (was 34th last year so doesn't even belong in the mix but who knows)

Chad Johnson was 48 to Braylons 34 in my league... Just saying.

Chad Johnson was 48 to Braylons 34 in my league... Just saying.

I hear ya. He was 47 in my league to Edwards' 34. He also missed 3 games to Edwards playing all 16. Both basically produced about the same amount in the games they played. However, Ocho will have Palmer back this year and Coles to replace TJ, along with rookie TE, Chase Coffman as an added weapon. Edwards has Quinn throwing to him, lost Winslow and has no real #2 WR across from him to pull coverage. And let's not forget that Edwards can't catch. There's no question that Edwards is younger and entering into the prime of his career. However, with the lack of a solid supporting cast and issues with the dropsies, I like Ocho's chances of having a bounce-back year a bit better but I did mention them both as having better years and possibly being in the Top 15 or so.

Edited by irish

Very interesting draft DMD. The WR was curious. But like you said, I had LT last year and he crapped on me while many "unknown" running backs were coming out of the wood works. I still won my league but if it wasn't for Chris Johnson I would have been screwed.

I'm loving the WR tiers this year. There's a solid top 20 or so, with probably a tier of 5 at the top and a 15-player tier 2. If you have a high 1st-rounder, you could definitely steal two very good WRs in rounds 2 and 3.

It seems those who draw late picks (a la DMD) might have it even tougher this year, mostly because of the 3rd-round pick. You'll get a good value RB in the 1st (like DeAngelo), a top WR in the 2nd, and then the value will probably be back to the RB position...or maybe QB. :wacko:

Wow -- maybe I'm wrong. Check out the squad from the 12 spot:

6.01 QB Warner, Kurt

3.12 RB Addai, Joseph

4.01 RB Moreno, Knowshon

5.12 RB Johnson, Larry

8.01 RB Benson, Cedric

1.12 WR Fitzgerald, Larry

2.01 WR Johnson, Andre

7.12 WR Coles, Laveranues

I'd take that. :wacko:

It does appear that this may be the best year ever for starting WR-WR. You can actually find RBs in the 3+ rounds now.

Big question marks at RB. I'm all for taking some risk, but usually need to get at least one solid starter first.

That may be true, but he ought to be able to obtain Brown to handcuff to Addai and Scott to handcuff to Benson at very low cost, making his RBs very solid and deep.

1.09 RB Williams, DeAngelo

About right. Though I'd still be reluctant to be the one grabbing him with my #1 pick.

With regard to the team that went WR-WR, I likely would have taken Portis here (instead of AJ), and drafted a Holmes/Jackson/Edwards/Welker WR as my #2. Leaning on Addai and Moreno is a recipe for disaster, though the LJ pick could be gold.

That may be true, but he ought to be able to obtain Brown to handcuff to Addai and Scott to handcuff to Benson at very low cost, making his RBs very solid and deep.

meh, I think they likely end up splitting carries, making both essentially no better than a low #2/high #3 RB, unless one gets hurt.

I'm very sure that I won't be drafting MJD in any draft this year. Regardless of PPR of not PPR somebody is always going to want him more than me.

It's not very often that a dude screws the pooch with the 1.01 pick. Until this year.

Plus did this draft happen at MFL? It probably wouldn't be too hard to find it and see the culprits, I mean drafters.

Edited by MikesVikes

Wow -- maybe I'm wrong. Check out the squad from the 12 spot:

6.01 QB Warner, Kurt

3.12 RB Addai, Joseph

4.01 RB Moreno, Knowshon

5.12 RB Johnson, Larry

8.01 RB Benson, Cedric

1.12 WR Fitzgerald, Larry

2.01 WR Johnson, Andre

7.12 WR Coles, Laveranues

I'd take that. :wacko:

It does appear that this may be the best year ever for starting WR-WR. You can actually find RBs in the 3+ rounds now.

I obviously love the WR1 and WR2 on this team, but do you really like those running backs in exchange for those two WRs? I don't think I do... I'll take a step down in my WR2 so I can have a solid RB1 (which none of those guys on this team are at this point in the season). Moreno could be big, but I don't want to count on him as my RB1 at this point.

The RBBC is dismantling Fantasy Football as we know it.

Good. Fantasy Football as we knew it sucked. 12-team draft leagues where the first 10 picks are RB is not a game worth playing.

Peace

policy

Good. Fantasy Football as we knew it sucked. 12-team draft leagues where the first 10 picks are RB is not a game worth playing.

Peace

policy

I wouldn't be this extreme about it, but I do agree somewhat. That's the reason I like auction WAY more than redrafts. I have an equal chance at every player and don't have to take "what falls" or wait to "see how the draft goes down" to build my team. When you tier your players, you have reasonable expectation of being able to get what you need, if not what you actually wanted.

There are advantages to both types of leagues. I believe the draft leagues are more complicated and harder to win at. I have done both types of leagues and I prefer the draft league. JMO though.

I'm not a very big fan of drafting Wide Receivers or Quarterbacks in the first two rounds (as the trend was last year). I patiently waited my turn after taking Steven Jackson and Ryan Grant, who ended up being total busts compared to the running backs I took in later rounds. But here's the stable of receivers I wound up with after the draft was through: Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, and Roddy White. While I was playing in a 10 team league with my family (Who really aren't that great except for 2 of them), I still can't believe the depth I got after taking my two starting running backs. This year while others will be drafting the big name receivers early, I will be patient and hope that I find sleepers or injury replacements, it's more fun that way and helps to show off your fantasy football skills.