[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The eagle has landed...

rajncajn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you look back on Favre's career, do you first think of:

A. His many years of greatness in Green Bay, the SB win, the streak

or

B. The absurd soap opera that has been his career since his last year in GB, including all the times he has changed his mind about retiring, his scheme to get to Minnesota to stick it to his former team, and the TWO INT's to end his teams' chances of going to a Super Bowl?

If you answered B, do you think that will change in 5-10 years and beyond, or will this nonsense taint his legacy forever?

My answers are B, no, and yes.

It's funny, I just happened to be in Green Bay when this very same scene played out at the airport there a few years ago. I can just imagine the Vikings fans out there cheering as Favre exits the plane, yet when spoken to individually they are silently cursing him for being such a diva and putting them through all that uncertainty in the first place.

How awesome would it be if he flew in just to say "hi" and see how training camp is going?

"Naw . . my ankle hurts, I aint comin back. I just stopped by to say howdy and wish everyone well! Gots to gte back to the ol homestead . . cya fellas!"

BTW . . . Ed Hoyle just ran to the store to buy some lotion and kleenex . . . .

Ya know, in all honesty, who gives a sh*t anymore? :wacko:

Vikings fans who realize that he's the difference between one last run and mediocrity? :tup:

All Sidney Rice owners, among others.

I do.

Those who play in a 32 team league and have TEAM QB's and just happen to have the Vikings Team QB. :tup:

Okay. Anybody else?

It's funny, I just happened to be in Green Bay when this very same scene played out at the airport there a few years ago. I can just imagine the Vikings fans out there cheering as Favre exits the plane, yet when spoken to individually they are silently cursing him for being such a diva and putting them through all that uncertainty in the first place.

If he'd just man up for a change and say, "Look guys, I do intend to come back but I'm not doing that training camp thing because it hurts and I get bounced around quite enough on the field, plus I've been playing over a quarter century and I really don't need it", pretty much everyone in Minny would be cool with that. Yet he feels the need to go through this ridiculous charade annually when we all know what's going to happen in the end.

If he'd just man up for a change and say, "Look guys, I do intend to come back but I'm not doing that training camp thing because it hurts and I get bounced around quite enough on the field, plus I've been playing over a quarter century and I really don't need it", pretty much everyone in Minny would be cool with that. Yet he feels the need to go through this ridiculous charade annually when we all know what's going to happen in the end.

I really don't think it was that much a matter of not wanting to go to camp. I think it basically just boiled down to " I really don't know if I'm going to play again because if my ankle isn't healed enough to play or play well for half the season and we end up not having a shot at the playoffs because of it then I really don't want to go through all the bs of training camp and/or sitting the bench only to go home disappointed yet again."

Edited by rajncajn

Love him or hate him, he's part of football.

Personally, I've never known the NFL without him :wacko:

I hate to admit it...But this is true. I really don't like the whole (hole) Diva thing, but he is an NFL story I know I will watch with interest.

This couldn't have happened to a better team. Packers are now guaranteed to win the division.

:wacko: How'd they do against the Vikings and 39 year old Brett last year?

I'm not saying they can't or won't do it, I'm just saying the NFC North is getting better all around them.

I find it humerous how all the saint's fans seem to "not care" and are bitter about he whole thing, i'm not a fan of either team, but I do know this, Saints fans are terrified now, because say what you will about your team, but the vikings GAVE the saints the NFC championship game. Without the fumbles, the saints had no business being in that game. Just my two cents, all I know now is the NFC just even better than it was.

Edited by Gourdeau

I find it humerous how all the saint's fans seem to "not care" and are bitter about he whole thing, i'm not a fan of either team, but I do know this, Saints fans are terrified now, because say what you will about your team, but the vikings GAVE the saints the NFC championship game. Without the fumbles, the saints had no business being in that game. Just my two cents, all I know now is the NFC just even better than it was.

I find it humorous that you think the Saints fans are the bitter one's. I find it even more humorous that Vikings fans act like it would have been a given that they would have won the Superbowl had they made it past the Saints. Bitter? No... Sick of the disrespect. But in the end, we hold the Lombardi. nothing else really matters.

BTW, if you think Saints fans are scared of Brett Favre then you're seriously delusional. Here's what I posted on the Saints board earlier today and what was echoed by all the Saints fans alike.

I want all the hype leading up to the opener to all be on the Vikings & how they "should" have won that game and how they "handed it to the Saints. Then I want the Vikings to come into our home and see the banner dropped & hear that crowd once again and KNOW how & why they lost to the Saints. I want our team to make an example of them, to use that hype & that talk of the Vikings being a front-runner for the NFC and I want our team to rip all thoughts of that away from them and I certainly don't want them to have the excuse of not having Favre.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthr...944#post3225944