[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts-Pack

budlitebrad

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on Jennigs' back.

"On how he feels about his defense: "We haven’t played the game with everybody on the field yet so the continuity is probably not where we’d like it to be right now. And that’s something that we’re probably going to have to establish in our practice structure leading up to the Philadelphia game. The injuries have kind of kept us from getting the continuity that you would like. It’s a challenge that you face at some point almost every season so I think that’s where we stand defensively right now."

On the offense: "I thought the offense was productive, but the contrast of our identity as a football team is taking the football away, which I felt we did a very good job of tonight. But we didn’t do a very good job of taking care of the ball. We had the ball on the ground too many times, so we need to eliminate that from our play. And it’s kind of gone on a little too much, and I’m talking about in the practices and so far in the preseason. We train it every day and we need to get rid of that. So that’s the only thing I was really disappointed in offensively."

Said Ryan Grant didn't return after the fumble just because of reps.

"Don't know that yet" whether LB Clay Matthews will play in the final exhibition game.

On WR/PR Jason Chery: "I mean Chery, how could you not be excited about that young man? He gets an opportunity and we’ll definitely give him some more opportunities, I can promise you that, as we move forward into this next week."

McCarthy said A.J. Hawk didn't play until the second half simply because of the rotation." :wacko:

What does that mean-he's not a starter anymore? (I hope) Love to see Bushop in there

On whether Daryn Colledge has won the LG job now that Bryan Bulaga didn't play: "That’s a discussion we’ll have tomorrow as a staff. But availability is obviously the most important aspect of your job responsibility and Daryn Colledge has done an excellent job of that throughout his career here. And I think Daryn is playing good football. I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far from Daryn in the preseason."

PACKERS PLAYERS

WR Donald Driver on QB Aaron Rodgers: "“I think he keeps amazing himself. One thing about this guy is year-in and year-out, he proves everyone wrong. People think he’s not the best, he is the best, and he’s proving it. It puts a smile on my face because I’ve seen the man grow from a little kid to a grown man. To do what he’s done, going into his third year as the starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers, it’s a true fact of what he can do.”

TE Jermichael Finley, on whether he feels unstoppable: "“Not to be conceited, but I feel like that, for sure. I just go out there with my swagger and get it working.”

CB Sam Shields on his INT: "“The route that they ran, they ran it three times in a row. The first time they threw it, it got batted, so he ran it again, and I got my head around me, and the ball was right there.

Rodgers on the running game: "“I think we need to do a little better job of just running the football. The passing game has been really good for us, but we’re not running the ball as well as we’ve wanted to with our first unit. But you’ve got to go with what’s working."

As good as they played, the GB corners still got picked apart by Manning. On the bright side, the pass rush looked better than it has. Capers seemed to be dialing up a few more blitzes.

With the improved depth on offense, does anyone think TT might move a guy like Lee or Spitz before the regular season starts?

As good as they played, the GB corners still got picked apart by Manning. On the bright side, the pass rush looked better than it has. Capers seemed to be dialing up a few more blitzes.

With the improved depth on offense, does anyone think TT might move a guy like Lee or Spitz before the regular season starts?

It's nice that you can find some bright spots when your team gets 8 - count 'em, 8 - TDs AND a FG hung on them. Exhibition game or not, Jeebsus...

The first TD pass wasn't on the Corner, Nick Collins is supposed to be over the top but was caught off guard by Manning's quick snap. I'm also not really sure of any team that Manning isn't going to pick apart.

What I was most impressed with by the Colts was Manning seeming to be elusive against the pass rush. GBP was getting penetraition, but Manning would make a few steps this way or that way, fire the ball and jog to the new line of scrimmage. He's amazing.

Think you got something backwards....

His hatred of the broncos coaching staff is leaking everywhere. He can't see straight anymore.

So is this whole new positioning of the umpire in the backfield instead of on the defensive side of the ball just a trial or is that a new rule for this season? If it's a rule, the Colts are going to get a lot of illegal snap penalties.

New rule this year. They did a trial of that last year.

So is this whole new positioning of the umpire in the backfield instead of on the defensive side of the ball just a trial or is that a new rule for this season? If it's a rule, the Colts are going to get a lot of illegal snap penalties.

Manning seemed to get his point across last night, so it will probably be re-tooled.

It's nice that you can find some bright spots when your team gets 8 - count 'em, 8 - TDs AND a FG hung on them. Exhibition game or not, Jeebsus...

When have the Colts EVER excelled in the preseason? Yet they constantly win 12+ games each year.. As a Colts fan, the only thing I'm concerned with is the new placement of the refs. It's going to end up penalizing the Colts for playing into one of their strengths (as we saw last night).

I like the rule. The fact that offenses can no longer use the ref to set a pick with is good. Way too many rules to help out the offense already. It's time the defense got something.