[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dion Branch

weebo

I've been watching Branch play for four years. Broken, broken, and broken again. The guy can't stay healthy and when he is supposedly healthy he has definitely lost something. Maybe he'll be rejuvenated in NE but I doubt it. I say he's a strait up bum.

A 4th rounder for Branch?? Is this a joke? He's going to consistently be the 3rd or 4th option in this offense, at best. Zero vertical threat at this point and he couldn't make a meaningful contribution in the Seattle offense! His career best year was 998yds and 5TDs.

Who exactly is in charge in Foxborough? Oh, my bad - King Belichick. Carry on.

Bradon Tate....buh bye.

Bellycheat obviously doesn't have a lot of confidence in Tate, sicne he made this move. I think Hernandez is the one that benefits the most. Rats! I picked up Tate last week. Think I'll drop him for Amendula oblongata or whatever his name (wr for rams).

Bradon Tate....buh bye.

Bellycheat obviously doesn't have a lot of confidence in Tate, sicne he made this move. I think Hernandez is the one that benefits the most. Rats! I picked up Tate last week. Think I'll drop him for Amendula oblongata or whatever his name (wr for rams).

Yeah, I'd slow down there skippy. You are dropping Tate because Branch is in town? Really?

People are so reactionary. Welker and Tate were the only 2 receivers on the roster with any experience. They needed another body. That is it. that is all Branch is. A body that knows the system. He will be a bit player, watching Brady launch bombs over his head toward Tate.

I saw the original news-feed last night talking about the"air coming out of the Tate bubble." I thought to myself, where do they get these people? :wacko:

Yeah, I'd slow down there skippy. You are dropping Tate because Branch is in town? Really?

People are so reactionary. Welker and Tate were the only 2 receivers on the roster with any experience. They needed another body. That is it. that is all Branch is. A body that knows the system. He will be a bit player, watching Brady launch bombs over his head toward Tate.

I saw the original news-feed last night talking about the"air coming out of the Tate bubble." I thought to myself, where do they get these people? :wacko:

+1

Seemed like simple math to me - they needed a WR body and Branch knows the Pats system inside and out. Pats had 8 picks in the first 4 rounds next season, so I'm sure they had no problem giving up a 4th to bring in a vet who can relied upon. He's not going to be any sort of savior (as if the Pats need saving) but he'll be a nice anchor in that O as what I assume will be the 3rd WR. If anyone gets hurt by this acquisition, I think it's Edelman.

I wish they'd given up less than a 4th to get him but I can understand why they did.

Has it been confirmed that the Pats are picking up all of his remaining salary?

seattle essentially traded Lynch for Branch in 2 weeks....NICE

Branch gives NE a route runner, he'll compliment the new offense but Hernandez is the only guy worth owning. I know in my other leagues Tate was grabbed but that seems like a long shot prospect this year.

No question Branch takes snaps from Tate. Branch and Welker will be the starting WR's, and Patriots supposedly will be going to 2 TE sets with hernandez and Gronkowski. Where is Tate?

I don't think this takes much of anything away from Tate's value. With the injury Branch has had he doesn't have near the speed he used to. Tate can fly, and will be the deep threat. Welker will be Welker. Branch will most likely be more of an underneath guy than a deep threat. I think Tate and Hernandez are still up, as is Gronkowski's goal line value.