[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Cowboys

Cowboyz1

So here we go boys and girls. A Division deciding game on Sunday night, at Cowboys stadium, for the Division and a playoff birth. Yeah I know there are three more games on the schedule but Sunday night is going to decide it.

Before I tell you who's gonna win this one, I'll rewind and visit last weeks AZ loss. I looked at the game again and from what I saw this was a very hard fought game right down to the end. I thought Romo played his arse off under heavy pressure by the Cards. They sent blitz after blitz after blitz and I blame the O line and JG for not incorporating the screen game even once to slow down the blitz. Just don't understand that at all. So I question the creativity of the play calling. Romo did a good job not pressing and putting the ball in harms way which is a very good sign. However, what worries me more then anything is the Defense. Way too many recievers running open and way too much off coverage for the talent they were playing against. Bottom line on the FG that wasn't, Garrett should have trusted his PREPARED special teams to get the kick handled, in which they did and would have won the game had he not been overly caution and called time out. That said, had he of made the second kick nobody would be talking about it. Rather they would be praising Romo for yet again getting his team in position to win with some clutch play down the stretch and Byrant for making a great grab to help seal the deal. I still believe the Cowboys have yet to put together their best football, partly because of moving parts all season and so many young players but they are coming together at the right time.

That said, no harm done as ATL, Det, Chi and Giants all lost so no ground was lost.

Now on to the Gmen. These two team are so alike it's scary. They each have a Defense that is suspect. They both have Offenses that can be very potent. They both have a QB that can make bone head plays.

On the other hand, they are very different in that Romo has not turned the ball over nearly as much as Eli has nor has he thrown for picks in the red zone at all this year, while Eli has made a habit of it all year long. The Giants are no where near the Defensive force they have been in the past.

The Giants gave the Packers all they could handle and still lost with a 58 second drive that looked too easy. I have to believe that took a lot out of the Giants to lose like that after playing so hard to win.

So when I look at it, Eli vs. Romo is a wash. Both are very good QB's and can put up points in a hurry. The O lines are are a wash also. Dallas has protected Romo reasonably well save last week when AZ was all over him.

Giants have no running game without Bradshaw as Motor Mouth Jacobs is just that, all mouth. It takes him 10 yards to get up to speed and dances like a drunk elephant before hitting the hole. Looks like we will have our fullback back in the fold so Murray should be able to do damage.

What worries me about the Giants is Cruz vs. Scandrick and Nicks vs. Newman. If we don't cover them well it's going to be a long day.

We also will have Austin back which means we will finally have our starting WR's back. The Giants linebackers are going to have their hands full trying to fill their gaps to stop Murray while covering the seam against Witten.

I don't see them doing that very well. That is why the Cowboys should hang 30+ on the Giants. Austin, Bryant, Robinson, Witten will be very hard to stop. You have to double Byrant and Witten which leave Austin one on one, or Robinson for that matter. The Giants historically have been able to put A LOT of pressure on QBs. That has not happened as of late and that will be the difference. Romo with time will have someone uncover consistantly for big gains.

The Cowboys will dial up A LOT of pressure on Eli and they have been very stout against the run all season. Eli is really good in big games so I have to believe this is going to be a very good game.

This is do or die for the Cowboys and the Giants so we are going to see who's who and what's what on Sunday night.

This is about as big as they come for a regular season game so it will go a long way in determining the "Clutchness" of Romo and the Defense. Eli has already proven he can come up big in the big one so I have to give credit where credit is due but it's time for Romo to take the next step and prove he can be Clutch when the leaves fall also.

Prediction: It's going to be a great game on Sunday night for all the regular season marbles and the Cowboys are going to find a way to win even if by one point!

We are going to see just what kind of team the Cowboys are this year and this is just the kind of game to flesh it out. Ware is going for the title and this is the kind of game that sacks really matter.

Edited by Cowboyz1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it the battle for worst division winner... Yeah, I'd say the NFC West might have officially moved up from the cellar. Anyway, I've got $10 that says the NFC East doesn't win any playoff games this year. That division is all bark, no bite. Seriously, neither Dallas or New York will win at SF or NO as a wild card, and the division winner likely hosts Atlanta (or New Orleans if they somehow get caught by Atlanta). I'm banking on there not being a wild card from the NFC East though...

I agree it should be an entertaining game though. It'd be nice to see the Giants win just to make the division race more interesting, because I don't think the Giants have a prayer if they fall 2 back with 3 to play.

Big game no doubt, but division deciding with 3 games left after that? You recognize those 3 games are there, but somehow the winner of this game is still gauranteed to win the division? :wacko:

I think you right these just to see how many people will respond to the nonsense. I don't even bother to read beyond the first part when its that silly.

Call it the battle for worst division winner... Yeah, I'd say the NFC West might have officially moved up from the cellar. Anyway, I've got $10 that says the NFC East doesn't win any playoff games this year. That division is all bark, no bite. Seriously, neither Dallas or New York will win at SF or NO as a wild card, and the division winner likely hosts Atlanta (or New Orleans if they somehow get caught by Atlanta). I'm banking on there not being a wild card from the NFC East though...

I agree it should be an entertaining game though. It'd be nice to see the Giants win just to make the division race more interesting, because I don't think the Giants have a prayer if they fall 2 back with 3 to play.

I'm guessing you didn't see the GB-NYG game this week. Giants looked like they had plenty of bite (scoring and defense) to hang with the defending SB champs and odds on favorite to repeat. So why couldn't they beat SF, NO or ATL?

Big game no doubt, but division deciding with 3 games left after that? You recognize those 3 games are there, but somehow the winner of this game is still gauranteed to win the division? :wacko:

I think you right these just to see how many people will respond to the nonsense. I don't even bother to read beyond the first part when its that silly.

I thimk you are write. He just starts these thread to get a rise out of folks.

I do not respond much anymore , but I love reading your diatribes. Your enthusiasm for your beloved romo lead team makes me giggle every week. Keep up the good work and keep the faith. May we be blessed by more Menudo satires and "How we are going to win the super bowl" books.

I read all of them with a smile and a beer.

I'm guessing you didn't see the GB-NYG game this week. Giants looked like they had plenty of bite (scoring and defense) to hang with the defending SB champs and odds on favorite to repeat. So why couldn't they beat SF, NO or ATL?

The GB-NYG game doesn't prove anything by itself. It is hard to win on the road in the NFL. So sure, the Giants could win a home playoff game (or road game). But they are also the same team that got destroyed by NO and was on the ropes against the visiting Dolphins too. In general, their defense is exploitable, and their offensive line hasn't been consistent. They had really better hope Bradshaw stays healthy. Last week was the best they've looked in over a month after three straight embarrassing losses. But I guess they have a puncher's chance since they somehow pull random games like the NE game off here and there.

What do I get for 10 dallarz?

Heck, I'll weigh in. 'Mistake free' football gets you tight wins at home against losing teams, and overtime losses on the road against losing teams. It does not get you wins against resilient teams like the Giants at home or away...regardless of their recent record.

If Dallas does not put this NYG team on the ropes early with an attacking style, and then follow up knockout punch in the third quarter, they will lose close. It's a movie we've seen repeatedly under Parcells, Phillips, and now Garrett. It doesn't matter if the defense holds the G-men to 100 yards over the first three quarters, they will find a way to hand the game to New York in the fourth. Eli is a better QB than Romo, and will take the game away in the fourth quarter if it's close.

Stopping the Dolphins and Redskins when it counts is one thing. Trying to keep the Giants from scoring with the game on the line in the final minutes is something else entirely. The Cowboys defense is not capable of this. Not at all. Not for many years.

And, really, what are we playing for? OK, a home game against a wild card team. Whoop de do. Get past that, and then it's on to the slaughter in either NO or GB.

/Usually, I have a few beers and post something I regret later during the closing minutes of a losing effort by Dallas. So, I'm getting this out of the way midweek. Rant over. As you were, gentlemen./

I don't think this game decides it....the next time they face each other does.

Probably only if Giants win. If Dallas wins this week, won't take much for them to secure the division before week 17. They'd have a 2 game lead with 3 to go, so the Giants would need to make up at least one game (maybe 2 depending on tie breakers) game over the next two (DAL@TB, PHI@DAL - WAS@NYG, NYG@NYJ).

Check out this handy playoff calculater web site, it may help figure things out.

NFL playoff chances

The way I read it, DAL has about 85% chance now, and if they beat NYG this week that goes up to 95%. But that is just for making the playoffs not winning the division. Still a pretty cool tool.

I don't think this game decides it....the next time they face each other does.

Nope if they lose here its over. I have zero confidence that we will be able to recover if we don't win Sunday. Besides if we can't win at home against this years giants team it will show exactly what we are all about this year. Sunday is the test in my mind. Slip has to come through, this is the time and Dallas is the place. Plain and simple.