[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Tebow has signed with....

tazinib1

First press conference and Belichick said that Tebow "was a talented player". And that was all. And when repeatedly asked about Tebow, all he would say is "I have already covered that".

Thanks for the Tebow update! Let's make this a daily thing. :reporter:

First press conference and Belichick said that Tebow "was a talented player". And that was all. And when repeatedly asked about Tebow, all he would say is "I have already covered that".

He also shut down the news conference early because of the repeated Tebow questions :lol: I'm sure he doesn't mind closing it down one bit either.

Dude, you are crazy if you think there will be any talk about Tim Tebow playing QB unless Brady gets hurt. Not gonna happen. Sure, he will get some media attention, but as is true to the Patriot Way, Timmy will keep his head down, say next to nothing and live on platitudes. There will be no circus in NE. You seem to be the one who hasn't been paying attention to how the media gets handled by the Pats. Milktoast. They just do not know how to stand up to Belichick.

I agree with the above. Belichick coaches the team and I'm pretty sure Tebow has been instructed to lay low. The Patriots are built around the QB throwing the ball. Unlike the Jets, if Tebow doesn't have to worry about getting blindsided and has time to throw, his first inclination isn't going to be a run. Being an understudy to Brady has to help him in the long run, so if he fills spots and backs off all the God loves touchdowns BS, he may develop into a good QB.

This move is brilliant from the Patriots perspective. Their fan base just went up because Tebow is on the team. There won't be billboards put up in New England calling for Brady to sit. If the Patriots are blowing out a team by 45 at the half, putting him in for a series or two would be fun to watch... I hope it happens.

I'd wager he doesn't make the team

I'm starting to feel the same. His 2yr contract contains zero signing bonus, guaranteed money or playing incentives for 2013. He gets playing incentives for 2014 but again, he has to make the team first. I'm not even sure the Patriots dress the 3rd string QB for games anyway. A 3rd string QB as part of the 45 who dress each week? I hardly think so. He'll be like the modern day "Rudy"

As long as Tebow is willing to play special teams then he has an excellent shot at making the team. In a way it makes him more valuable to the team than Mallett. BB Likes all 53 players he dresses to participate and add something to the effort.

I think The Hoodie will make this work in his favor.

I can definitely see Tebow making the team.

I will. And be sure to continue posting meaningless dribble in them. Thanks so much.

So you'd be willing to wager legal tender that he doesn't make a team, yet you're making threads about him and filling them up?

Make sure you make threads for anything regarding Brian Hoyer, Brian Brohm, John Skelton, and Curtis Painter and the like.

So you'd be willing to wager legal tender that he doesn't make a team, yet you're making threads about him and filling them up?

Make sure you make threads for anything regarding Brian Hoyer, Brian Brohm, John Skelton, and Curtis Painter and the like.

WTF are you talking about

Edited by tazinib1

Clearly I am talking about your posts in this thread you nub.

ummmm...ok if you insist. Read the part about "wagering" just one more time. I'd LOVE to see any post where I said that ya nub :lol:

And thanks for bumping the thread to the top yet again :lol: ya nub

Edited by tazinib1

First of all, I don't think anybody said Tebow was going to be competing for Brady's job. Second, the signing makes pretty good sense, on several levels. BB recognizes that Tebow is a winner, and has been successful at every level. Maybe more importantly, winning (and contributing in any way that he can) is what's important to Tebow. I think BB sees that, and looks at the signing as a situation where it can't hurt to see what happens. Best case, Tebow contributes (even if only on special teams) and brings great attitude and effort on a daily basis. Worst case, the media drama that surrounds Tebow is a distraction (or outweighs the benefits of having him there), and they cut their losses (which would be minimal to none). I don't think that happens because, as many have alluded to, BB won't let it become a distraction. And, Tebow has never wanted the media hype, in my opinion. He will welcome the opportunity to play/contribute for a team where distractions aren't allowed.

I just don't see how this isn't worth a shot for NE. He's the prototypical Patriot, in terms of versatility and attitude. But, there will be a certain amount of circus that follows Tebow, no matter where he goes, if for no other reason than the media will try to turn it into one. That's the kind of circus that I think Taz was referring to (not a QB controversy).

First of all, I don't think anybody said Tebow was going to be competing for Brady's job. Second, the signing makes pretty good sense, on several levels. BB recognizes that Tebow is a winner, and has been successful at every level. Maybe more importantly, winning (and contributing in any way that he can) is what's important to Tebow. I think BB sees that, and looks at the signing as a situation where it can't hurt to see what happens. Best case, Tebow contributes (even if only on special teams) and brings great attitude and effort on a daily basis. Worst case, the media drama that surrounds Tebow is a distraction (or outweighs the benefits of having him there), and they cut their losses (which would be minimal to none). I don't think that happens because, as many have alluded to, BB won't let it become a distraction. And, Tebow has never wanted the media hype, in my opinion. He will welcome the opportunity to play/contribute for a team where distractions aren't allowed.

I just don't see how this isn't worth a shot for NE. He's the prototypical Patriot, in terms of versatility and attitude. But, there will be a certain amount of circus that follows Tebow, no matter where he goes, if for no other reason than the media will try to turn it into one. That's the kind of circus that I think Taz was referring to (not a QB controversy).

Gosh, please stop making sense. :weird:

My first thought was NE was going to reinvent the Wildcat using Tebow as their main weapon , not good at anyone one thing but can do a little of all , block , play TE , HB & something that resembles a QB

You heard it here first ,,, a new style of the Wildcat being used in NE

It will be called the Wildcat because they won't have any other name for it

ummmm...ok if you insist. Read the part about "wagering" just one more time. I'd LOVE to see any post where I said that ya nub :lol:

And thanks for bumping the thread to the top yet again :lol: ya nub

You clearly implied it by saying you were "starting to feel the same" after another poster said he would wager he isn't on the team. It's all in type above you nub.

I know you're trying to be funny and stuff, but it's not working.

You clearly implied it by saying you were "starting to feel the same" after another poster said he would wager he isn't on the team. It's all in type above you nub.

I know you're trying to be funny and stuff, but it's not working.

Let it go bro...seriously. And when I'm trying to be funny, you'll know it with a nice blast of beer on your puter screen.

They couldn't quite possibly do that! Tiger Woods is doing something this week, so only half of them will be there!!

:lol:

I forgot all about Tiger. He's one of their other obsessions.

Fair enough....cheers.

Hopefully this is my last bump of a Tebow thread.

That's always a choice you can make.

Hopefully this is my last bump of a Tebow thread.

That's always a choice you can make.

I have a feeling this thread will be bumped quite a few more times before we start the season. I'll be guilty of a lot of them :shades:

I just saw this... Pretty funny.

"The Jets, who acquired Tebow from the Broncos in 2012, still owe Denver $1,531,875 as part of Tebow’s salary advance. After unsuccessfully shopping his contract during the offseason, the Jets will be stuck paying that amount over the coming season.

"The Patriots signed Tebow to a two-year contract with no guaranteed money. Assuming he makes the Patriots’ 53-man roster, Tebow is scheduled to earn $630,000 in 2013, along with $525 in workout bonuses. His 2014 base salary is $730,000, plus $25,000 in workout bonuses.

"All together, the Patriots are scheduled to pay Tebow $1,385,525 in base salary over the next two seasons. The Jets will be paying $1,531,875--over the course of ONE season--for a player not on their roster."