[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predictions for breakout/bust/sleeper... let's go!

euphy

Yeah I was heckeled for taking Marshall over Jeffery...I went on to say that McCown fit Trestmans system better as he hit the own receiver without favortism...Cutler still looks for Marshall first and looks to feed his ego. .. but I was crazy for saying that apparently:lol:

Edit: it wrapped up with someone saying they would give me $1000 if Marshall had more catches and yards than Jeffery...

Yards are iffy, but absent injury, he is a lock for more catches.

Yeah I was heckeled for taking Marshall over Jeffery...I went on to say that McCown fit Trestmans system better as he hit the own receiver without favortism...Cutler still looks for Marshall first and looks to feed his ego. .. but I was crazy for saying that apparently:lol:

Edit: it wrapped up with someone saying they would give me $1000 if Marshall had more catches and yards than Jeffery...

That person is an idiot. Would you have to give him $1,000 if Jeffery leads the team in catches/yards? I'm guessing this was just hyperbole but you could call him out on it...

Your logic here is spot on. Cutler will spoon feed Marshall even if it means throwing into doubles. You can go back and read the Cutler thread from a few months ago here to get oodles of my posts wishing my Bears kept McCown as the starter because of this very fact.

• Like 2

Breakout:

Coby Fleener - Enters his 3rd season. Now has former college coach Pep Hamilton and still has his college QB, Luck. Progressed greater than 100% from his rookie to soph seasons. Ended with 50/600/4 last season. Elite athleticism within the relevant TE group, only topped by Vernon Davis and Jordan Cameron. Actually comps pretty well to Jordan Cameron from a metrics stand point. Fleener is a prime breakout candidate who also qualifies as a major sleeper.

Bust: Giovani Bernard - I'm never a fan of players entering their 2nd season. I haven't done a full analysis but my awareness tells me that sophomores suffer setbacks in production more often than not. He's suddenly thrust into the spotlight, a role us FFers have not witnessed by him yet at the NFL level. Even if he remains healthy, I see him disappointing many a fantasy owner as he's going early round 2 in my recent big money league. I will let someone else gamble with the relative uncertainty.

Sleeper: Dri Archer - there are honestly too many to name here. My most "sure" sleeper is Greg Jennings but I wanted to name players who have not been named yet in this thread. Back to Dri. We know he's faster than a speeding bullet and quicker than a water bug. We know his production will come mainly from receptions and special teams as a returner. What I like most is that he received meaningful playing time with the 1st team offense in all 3 games of the preseason. There is no bigger tell than that. Not to mention that in his 3 games, he has accumulated 7/108, mostly (if not all) with Roethlisberger and the 1st string offense.

Breakout: Jeremy Maclin stays healthy and flourishes in the Chip Kelly offense, becoming a top 12 fantasy WR.

Bust: Montee Ball gets benched at some point in the season and fails to live up to the preseason hype.

Sleeper: Pierre Thomas isnt really a sleeper, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by bdom11

What draft review was this? What website?

Probably MFL's recap based on ADP.

Edited by irish

Cutler will spoon feed Marshall even if it means throwing into doubles.

Absolutely. As an Alshon owner last year, I was pulling my hair out almost every game Cutler was starting.

That person is an idiot. Would you have to give him $1,000 if Jeffery leads the team in catches/yards? I'm guessing this was just hyperbole but you could call him out on it...

Your logic here is spot on. Cutler will spoon feed Marshall even if it means throwing into doubles. You can go back and read the Cutler thread from a few months ago here to get oodles of my posts wishing my Bears kept McCown as the starter because of this very fact.

I am not foolish enough to make a bet like that...I wasn't even arguing him...I just said that McCown spread the ball around better and if he was the QB then I would have made a different decision...but I am taking crazy pills for thinking this

I doubt he follows through on his statement...this is a new league for me that is run by one of the people who has been in my league for 15 years now....the people in this league are quite hughmorous...they all want your studs for bench players when trading and get mad and complain whenever someone else completes a trade :lol:

Breakout: Reggie Bush - Think he'll be a top 5 RB this year especially in PPR.

Bust: AJ Green - Not a total bust but think he'll suffer with the Bengals throwing less and Dalton being more erratic.

Sleeper: Khiry Robinson - Will be the 1st down RB in Nawlins with Pierre Thomas being the pass catcher, showed some tough running in playoffs last year. Not concerned by Ingram

Jeremy Hill - Law Firm cut and think he could be the power back to help out Bernard. Bengals want to run the ball more and not live or die by Daltons arm.

Sleeper: Roy Helu - if the offense passes as much as it sounds like it will, then Helu should see a healthy amount of snaps, and if RG3 struggles, it might result in a number of dump offs to Helu. Lots of ifs, but I think Helu might make a serviceable low end RB2 / high end RB3 in PPR leagues this year, and his ADP makes him a major late round bargain.

Breakout: Ben Tate - run heavy game plans, above average offensive line, and no clear cut change of pace / RBBC guy means he has the potential to produce borderline RB1 numbers at a low RB2 / high RB3 price.

Bust: Cordarelle Patterson - Not that he's going to be a huge bust, but he is being drafted as a high end WR2, and I just think he doesn't live up to the hype. Mainly it's a question of QB play here - I like Rudolph and Peterson to get more catches in this offense, and I have a feeling Patterson is going to be real feast or famine, relying on long TDs for value.

Edited by MTSuper7