[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anderson owners... what now?

Inziladun

Denver running back situation hasn't been crap in years. It's always this guy, that guy, the next guy, what guy. You can have it. I marked all these jokers down 10 spots just to make sure I wouldn't get the madness that is this backfield.

Eh, I did the same thing but I was able to trade Eli for CJ and took it...he is actually my 5th RB...but I clamor over his performances like he is my 2nd

Eh, I did the same thing but I was able to trade Eli for CJ and took it...he is actually my 5th RB...but I clamor over his performances like he is my 2nd

For a RB-5 CJ is actually great value. My RB-5 is basically a handcuff to my RB-1.

I'm starting to concede. Anderson is a bust. Blame the O-line or not.. Albeit minimal, Hillman is having more success than Anderson is...

The excuses were sounding too much like what I heard from Ball owners (myself included) about the oline and etc. and then another RB came in and stepped up...

I am washing my hands of this situation...

I'm starting to concede. Anderson is a bust. Blame the O-line or not.. Albeit minimal, Hillman is having more success than Anderson is...

This is certainly true when you look at the box score. I watch every second of every Broncos game and this looks totally different than last year, IMO. Ball looked absolutely terrible and it was a no-brainer for the coaches to stop giving him carries. CJ still looks like the better runner to my eyes than Ronnie. Sure, Ronnie busted off that long run today, and he did (amazingly) manage to run through one arm (hand) tackle while doing it, but that play was blocked to perfection. CJ had several nice plays called back on penalties and he is still running through most of the arm tackles. He isn't going to do anything when linebackers can meet him squarely in the hole on basically every single 1st and 2nd down. He is not the home run threat that Hillman is, but he is the better back to keep the offense on schedule.

At this point, CJ is a fantasy bust for sure, but I blame this on the coaching staff more than anyone. How the hell is any running back supposed to develop any sort of rhythm with this musical chair bullmanure.

Yet again, my Broncos are lucky as hell to escape this week with a victory. I agree with Taz that this pistol formation is asinine. Manning is still rushing through his progressions and frequently stepping up straight into inside pressure. One more heartbeat of time and another yard of space to release the ball would make a hell of a difference in restoring some consistency to the offense.

• Like 1

Depending on Peyton and Demaryius is starting to feel risky

DT has 10+ targets every week so far with a low of 7 receptions in week 1. I start him with confidence every week. Agreed Peyton is a middle of the pack QB with debatably more risk then upside. Honestly have troubles deciding between him and Rivers most weeks.

DT has 10+ targets every week so far with a low of 7 receptions in week 1. I start him with confidence every week. Agreed Peyton is a middle of the pack QB with debatably more risk then upside. Honestly have troubles deciding between him and Rivers most weeks.

Just that overall I have less confidence in their passing game than I'd like. I just watched MIN-DEN last night and saw how involved he was, and how good he was playing. Also how Peyton just tossed a couple of jump balls up for him to go get. As the announcer said "your arm may not be as strong as before, but when you have a guy like him just throw it up an let him get it". I never expected I'd have Peyton this year,12 team 5 man keeper and I had DT along with other WR and RB but no QB. After taking Abdullah with my first pick (essentially 5th pick in 6th round with keepers) and saw Peyton there in the next round I couldn't resist.

Several weeks the experts including some here at The Huddle have my 2nd QB Eli ahead of Peyton, but I have not been able to bench Peyton.

Oh and to get back on topic...

Hillman did look better than CJ in their last game, not just the long 70+ yard TD, but other times he was given the ball.

Im really torn. Hillman hit a seam for a 70 yarder. Drop that and CJ looked much better. That being said both are looking terrible. I think they both have talent, but i cant start either over Gore, C-Johnson, or even Legarrette Smoke-a-Blount.

I have both in my .5pt PPR league. I've played CJ every week so far. This week I will be benching both Hillman and CJ for Forsett and D. Lewis. I want to see what happens this week. After that I'll decide how to use them going forward. Unless one of them takes the clear lead role they may be used as just bye week fillers for me. But I also have to concede that Hillman looks like the better back right now. But that's not saying much. Their run game is awful

Edited by Finn5033