[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People's Opinions

Primetime9287

Am I one of the few people that understand people do have their own opinions to what the rankings are and how good players are going to be? Every post that I read that voices an opinion, someone replies back ripping that persons head off for voicing their own opinion. Kind of funny if you ask me. DMD, I feel for you man. You can't make everyone happy with your rankings, but for some reason everyone feels you should! :D

Let me start off by calling you a suck up. :D

And then... I'll agree with you. I use the rankings only for players that I don't have my own strong opinion on. I tell you what... they come in handy when rounds 3-12 are going on.

If you really think someone else is better than the person ranked there... pick someone else, or trade down. Your own decision making is what makes you win... or lose... :D

Every post that I read that voices an opinion, someone replies back ripping that persons head off for voicing their own opinion.  DMD, you can't make everyone happy with your rankings, but for some reason everyone feels you should!

857657[/snapback]

It's this kind of banter that really makes this site. DMD puts forth his opinions as a starting point for discussion. Rankings are constantly in flux. While some Huddlers have more tact with their opinions than others , the end result is well worth it. :D

I agree, the rankings are a great way to generate discussion. What's lame is when someone says "That's a horrible list!" or words to that effect. If I see something I'd like to comment on, I'll just throw out some reasons why I think a player is a bit too high or too low. Anyone who posts rankings has reasons why the list players the wat they do.... to criticise before any explanations are offered can send things south in a hurry, not to mention it's kinda rude. Wouldn't it be awful if we all ranked players exactly the same way?

Am I one of the few people that understand people do have their own opinions to what the rankings are and how good players are going to be? 

857657[/snapback]

Yes, you are the only enlightened one. You are the most understanding person on the net, and we are all better people now that you explained the situation to us. I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded with a net-based sainthood when you die. Congratulations.

Yes, you are the only enlightened one.  You are the most understanding person on the net, and we are all better people now that you explained the situation to us. I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded with a net-based sainthood when you die.  Congratulations.

857779[/snapback]

Burn!!! :D

Yes, you are the only enlightened one.  You are the most understanding person on the net, and we are all better people now that you explained the situation to us. I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded with a net-based sainthood when you die.  Congratulations.

857779[/snapback]

My ribs hurt from laughing. Knock it off, man! :D

On a personal note--I agree with ACEO and some of the other MB veterans who are wise enough to tell people not to blind faith into every list that comes out. It's that old idea--don't offer anyone answers to their problems. If your advice works, you become that person's problem solver ad infinitum. If your advice fails, they blame you for the defeat. You are better to point out options and let them decide. That's what makes the message board work.

I read a lot of posts and I enjoy the strategies that many of the Huddlers use. I have respect for a ton of people on here, and when they give their positions, I listen. Occasionally I offer my own, if I feel strongly about a ranking or a player performance. But when it's time to make a decision--I'm making it. If I win my league, it isn't going to be because I photocopied DMD's cheat sheet. It will be because I enjoy doing the work to draft and pick up the best team I can get.

I only need to point to The Huddles abysmal performance in Sofa League each year to know their list sucks ass... :D

857760[/snapback]

I don't think they ever follow their lists when they are drafting for that league.

I only need to point to The Huddles abysmal performance in Sofa League each year to know their list sucks ass... :D

857760[/snapback]

:D

:D Err....I mean.......... :D:D

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: Hitman, DMD

:D:D:D

Edited by Hitman

I should think that the fact that DMD's rankings generate discussion would be self explanatory. We're all about the bickering around here. Nobody ever changes their minds, but it's all good. :D

It's the bickering of others that helps me decide who I like in the rankings and who not so much. Takes a lot of the work out of it for me. :D