[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. I see it both ways. I know that the Atlanta Braves moved out from downtown to the 'burbs and had a ton of extra land available to build restaurants, bars, hotels, etc. Light rail goes right to it. It's supposedly awesome. That's not always possible, though. Downtown venues just usually have that functionality built-in, which makes those locations more desirable at least from a fan's perspective. We want the "total experience". Could the Bears' ownership offer that in Arlington Heights? Having family from the area, I know exactly where they're looking to build and from what I remember, it's just the regular-'ol 'burbs and they'd need to build up the area around it to have any desirability.
  3. I was just referring to the emoji that, when you hover over it, says "Confused." But, yeah, I get what you're saying. I've clicked that button myself before, but usually regarding a deal that is out of the blue and just doesn't make sense. This one, both parties made it clear what they were looking for, and got it done. I'm not sure why that's a surprise. I guess the amount may seem like a lot? That said, someone else was willing to pay slightly less, and I took the better offer. Which means there is still someone else looking to make a similar deal.
  4. I don't think people are confused, just surprised at the $45 in addition to the 1.14.
  5. I'm not sure what's so confusing about this. I posted that I was selling the pick (or considering it) to the highest bidder. I had multiple offers that were pretty similar, and went with the one I liked best.
  6. 1. QB - Caleb Williams - USC 2. QB - Jayden Daniels - LSU 3. QB - Drake Maye - North Carolina 4. WR - Marvin Harrison Jr. - Ohio State 5. OT - JC Latham - Alabama 6. WR - Rome Odunze - Washington 7. QB - J.J. McCarthy - Michigan 8. WR - Malik Nabers - LSU 9. DL - Byron Murphy II - Texas 10. TE - Brock Bowers - Georgia 11. OT - Joe Alt - Notre Dame 12. CB - Terrion Arnold - Alabama
  7. Not surprising, most people don't like change and the amount of money being spent, adding a dome etc will not be what some want. Do you think it would have been better if they did what you want and moved them out of downtown? I personally like the downtown venues, even if the may be a bit isolated from the entertainment areas. (Browns stadium has nothing much right there, but there is a lot withing walking distance including near areas where many fans park for the game.) They are talking about moving out to the suburbs, near the airport, big piece of land the Haslams have an option to buy. If I still had season tickets I'd be against it, even if it might be closer and easier access. I attended a few Cavs games at the old Richfield coliseum, talk about a place in the middle of nowhere with nothing around it. I would sometimes meet my friends at hotel nearby to have a drink or bite to eat and share a car ride to the game and back.
  8. Desperado - Linda Ronstadt
  9. 1. QB - Caleb Williams - USC 2. QB - Jayden Daniels - LSU 3. QB - Drake Maye - North Carolina 4. WR - Marvin Harrison Jr. - Ohio State 5. OT - JC Latham - Alabama 6. WR - Rome Odunze - Washington 7. OT - Joe Alt - Notre Dame 8. WR - Malik Nabers - LSU 9. DL - Byron Murphy II - Texas 10. OT- Taliese Fuaga - Oregon State 11. QB - J.J. McCarthy - Michigan 12. CB - Quinyon Mitchell - Toledo
  10. Berlin Lipstick Bomb | Gopher Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.06 Solitaire | Bigheadhal1 Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.14 Comments: Solitaire gives $45
  11. The response from the local sports talk has been, not good...
  12. It totally is. So long South Parking lot!!!
  13. I looked at story real quick about the funding, good to see the team looking to contribute well over have (close to 2/3) of the 3.2B price tag for the stadium. Bears put up $2B, NFL $300M and $900M in bonds from the sports authority. Sounds like city leaders are on board, but the state not so much. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/apr/25/chicago-bears-new-stadium-public-funding-soldier-field
  14. Space Truckin' - Deep Purple
  15. It seems like pie in the sky. Here are some artist drawings of the proposed stadium. It's a dome. At least they're finally giving up on that "Bear weather" stuff. Check out renderings of new Bears stadium – NBC Sports Chicago
  16. Good info and I do think CBD is probably the way to go....thanks for replying.
  17. Last week
  18. Just as long as it is not a Menudo use of a George Constanza quote.
  19. I'm a pretty agreeable guy, it's a shame there isn't more of me to go around.
  20. Good thing we aren't the same person. That would suck for both of us.
  21. I do. Don't know why this is the complete opposite from you, but the location has always sucked. It's inaccessible and even with the new plan will continue to be largely isolated from anything but museums. Arlington offers the Wrigley Bears, this offers more the same.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information