[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden 2006 Curse!

Primetime9287

I don't think Culpepper or Ray Lewis had any issues after being on the cover.

916632[/snapback]

2000 Eddie George. This is the weakest of the "curse". George had a good year, rushing for 1509 yards and 14 TD's. The Titans made the play-offs. As mentioned, George did have a crucial fumble in the play-off game vs. Ravens. The next year he got a turf toe injury, and was never the same.

2001 Culpepper missed 5 games at the end of the year with an ankle injury. Vikings missed play-offs.

2002 Faulk missed two games with knee injuries, and did not start in 4 more. He did not break 1,000 yards rushing for the first time as a Ram. Rams missed play-offs.

2003 Vick broke his leg and missed 11 games. Falcons missed play-offs.

2004 Ray Lewis broke his wrist and missed one game. Ravens missed play-offs.

2005 McNabb has a sports hernia and TO problems.

I'd say the curse is alive and well.

Edited by CaptainHook

2000 Eddie George.  This is the weakest of the "curse".  George had a good year, rushing for 1509 yards and 14 TD's.  The Titans made the play-offs.  As mentioned, George did have a crucial fumble in the play-off game vs. Ravens.  The next year he got a turf toe injury, and was never the same.

2001 Culpepper missed 5 games at the end of the year with an ankle injury.  Vikings missed play-offs.

2002 Faulk missed two games with knee injuries, and did not start in 4 more. He did not break 1,000 yards rushing for the first time as a Ram.  Rams missed play-offs.

2003 Vick broke his leg and missed 11 games.  Falcons missed play-offs.

1125958[/snapback]

Oh yeah. I personally have never doubted it. I hesitantly drafted McNabb in the first round in one league. Next year I will definitely avoid the Madden cover boy.

Oh yeah.  I personally have never doubted it.  I hesitantly drafted McNabb in the first round in one league.  Next year I will definitely avoid the Madden cover boy.

1126080[/snapback]

Speaking of the next cover guy, any bets on who it's going to be?

Hows about, Stephen Jackson or Carson Palmer?

What about the Reebok curse going on currently? The "I Am" commercials....3 of 4 are out on injuries. Lewis, Holt and now Kearse is questionable this week.

Then this blurb back in April just before the draft, when they signed Alex Smith to a multi-year deal. (Is benching part of the curse? :doah: )

Smith will bring that football pedigree with him as the newest member of an elite group of Reebok NFL quarterbacks including Peyton and Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Chad Pennington, Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger and Byron Leftwich.

Alright.....Byron was only out one game, but that's a pretty good curse going......lol. The Mannings and Hasselbeck better watch their step. :D

Edited by SteelBunz

• 2 weeks later...
2000 Eddie George.  This is the weakest of the "curse".  George had a good year, rushing for 1509 yards and 14 TD's.  The Titans made the play-offs.  As mentioned, George did have a crucial fumble in the play-off game vs. Ravens.  The next year he got a turf toe injury, and was never the same.

2001 Culpepper missed 5 games at the end of the year with an ankle injury.  Vikings missed play-offs.

2002 Faulk missed two games with knee injuries, and did not start in 4 more. He did not break 1,000 yards rushing for the first time as a Ram.  Rams missed play-offs.

1125958[/snapback]

2005 McNabb aggravate his sports hernia, and is likely to miss at least a week.

2005 McNabb aggravate his sports hernia, and is likely to miss at least a week.

1151096[/snapback]

If Reid would put down the cheese steak long enough to have a coherent thought, McNabb would already be well on his way to recovering from a surgery that should have taken place weeks ago. TO was right, an injured McNabb sucks.

1125958[/snapback]

2005 McNabb has a sports hernia and is out for the year. Eagles will miss the play-offs.

whether you believe the curse or not..  it is pretty amazing.  i hope big ben isnt on the cover next year.

1166471[/snapback]

The cover is for exciting players...

Dear EA Sports,

I would like to let you know, the fantasy football community has grown more concerned about your "madden curse" that seems to play a large role in the fantasy football world every season. With the exception of Ray Lewis, many fantasy teams fell flat on their faces over the past 6 seasons by drafting your cover boys. Therefore we would like to propose you only put defensive players on the cover, as they will not effect first and second round fantasy picks. We would also ask that you stay specifically away from Peyton Manning, Edgerin James, Shaun Alexander, and of course Ladanian Tomlinson, as these four are all tempting studs to place on your cover.

An even better idea would be to put Madden on the cover and see what happens. :D

Thank you,

A Concerned FF Player

Ha...sad but true.  Big Ben isn't going to make the cover.  (take it easy Steelers fans, I like the guy but no way he's on the cover).

1166601[/snapback]

im not saying he would be.. they put guys on there that are well known to casual fans.. he already gets plenty of attention with commercials and tv time.. winning a super bowl could very well do the trick. :D