[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barry Bonds

jackshi17

I do and could give a $hit if he ever returns.

973417[/snapback]

Me too. I cant stand the cocky piece of chit. He would get a little of my respect if he sacked up and admitted that he has knowingly used the juice for years. I think we all know the combo of his enormous ego and roid-shrunken nutz will never let that happen though. Hope baseball makes and example out of him and all the other steroid tigers and wipes out their records and bans them from ever making the Hall. :D

What's even worse is the fact that the dimwitted Giant fans (sorry Bier) GIVE THE GUY STANDING OVATIONS EVERY TIME HE IS AT THE PLATE.

Uh. What. The. He||?

The guy's obviously used 'roids. Lied about using 'roids. Is a general pr!ck. And you're giving him a standing O? GET A FREAKIN' CLUE!

The next drug test he fails will be his first....

And I suppose Raven fans that give Ray Lewis or Jamal Lewis a standing ovation are equally dimwitted... they only lied about a murder and made drug deals. At least they didn't hurt themselves with steroids, right?.

But Bonds is messing around with statistical records... I see. Better go cheer Brett Farve who would never comprise his offensive lineman or an all time sack record for his friend on the opposing team.

Nothing against the Raven or Brett Farve fans, of course, the list can go on and on to probably include fans of every team in every sport.

The next drug test he fails will be his first....

And I suppose Raven fans that give Ray Lewis or Jamal Lewis a standing ovation are equally dimwitted... they only lied about a murder and made drug deals.  At least they didn't hurt themselves with steroids, right?.

But Bonds is messing around with statistical records... I see.  Better go cheer Brett Farve who would never comprise his offensive lineman or an all time sack record for his friend on the opposing team.

Nothing against the Raven or Brett Farve fans, of course, the list can go on and on to probably include fans of every team in every sport.

991210[/snapback]

1. How do you know he's never failed a drug test? Do you work for MLB? Testing facility? You are in serious denial if you think sh!t doesn't happen behind closed doors and doesn't go public. And have you SEEN Barry Bonds? Give me a break.

2. How do you know Lewis lied? Were you there? He made a mistake, off the field. His "posse" is a bunch of thugs. He's from Miami. Give him a break. Ditto with Lewis. He didn't make a drug deal. Get your facts straight before you go trying to make points. His cell phone was used to make a drug deal. His buddy apparently said something like, "hey, Jamal, lemme use your cell, be right back". 10 minutes later, the deal was in and he was screwwed.

3. You compare Bonds taking 'roids to Favre SUPPOSEDLY letting Strahan sack him?

I honestly have no clue how any of this applies.

1.  How do you know he's never failed a drug test?  Do you work for MLB?  Testing facility?  You are in serious denial if you think sh!t doesn't happen behind closed doors and doesn't go public.  And have you SEEN Barry Bonds?  Give me a break.

2.  How do you know Lewis lied?  Were you there?  He made a mistake, off the field.   His "posse" is a bunch of thugs.  He's from Miami.  Give him a break.  Ditto with Lewis.  He didn't make a drug deal.  Get your facts straight before you go trying to make points.  His cell phone was used to make a drug deal.  His buddy apparently said something like, "hey, Jamal, lemme use your cell, be right back".  10 minutes later, the deal was in and he was screwwed.

3.  You compare Bonds taking 'roids to Favre SUPPOSEDLY letting Strahan sack him?

I honestly have no clue how any of this applies.

991994[/snapback]

1. I don't know he never failed a drug test. How do you know that he did? I never said he never used anything, I'm sure he has. I'm sure lots of players have. Pitchers too. Lots of NFL players as well, they serve their suspensions and come back. Can a Panther fan not cheer for Julius Peppers? And we know he's failed a test already.

2. Wasn't that what Lewis plead to... "obstructing an investigation?" Sounds like lying to me. And I'm sure Jamal had no idea what was going on.

3. And most people don't like the steroid thing because of what it does to the stats and the records. No one really cares what they do to they bodies. So I was making a point that he's not the only one may have tainted records (May have in Bonds case, certainly in Farve's). And if you really think that Farve only SUPPOSEDLY let Strahan sack him, then I've got a nice bridge I'd like to sell you, reasonably priced.

You have every right to boo Bonds if you don't like him, but if you are going to paint all fans that welcome back their best player with an ovation as dimwitted... just be consistent. Paint them all.

Edited by LegFuJohnson

regardless of use/non-use bonds is the most dominant player in our era. his value to the giants has been monumental. just having him in the lienup made a difference in every game he played. having him return while the giants have a chance to win the crappy division is cause for aplause from me.

bonds has been a donkey to his teammates, managers, the media, and the fans for a long time. as a result, it is pretty easy to dislike him and pile on. i believe steroids/enhancers have been widely used for some time. i think of it more as the climate of the times. many, many players are trying to get that extra edge. in addition to being an ass, bonds is not stupid. with him trying to leave a legacy in baseball, already having the media in his face (much self imposed) i would find it hard to believe that he would knowingly jeopardize what he is trying to do.

i guess i see it as getting caught for speeding while everyone is doing 80 in a 65.

barry bonds is one of the handful of best baseball players ever. period end of discussion. i love watching him hit the ball because i love the sport of baseball.

as far as the "cheating" stuff goes....one, it's not cheating if it's not against the rules. second, none of us knows what bonds has or has not ingested. to site the fact that he's "bigger" at 37 than he was at 27 as proof of his guilt is absurd. john elway was a lot bigger at 37 than he was at 27. babe ruth was probably a LOT bigger at 37 than 27. if you're a pro athelete, as you get older and speed becomes less a part of your game, it makes sense to add some bulk and you don't have to use roids or anything to do it, it can be just a matter of changing your workout regimen (or drinking more beer, in the babe's case). third, cheating doesn't give you barry bonds' talent. roids don't help you hit .370 or steal 40 bases. i doubt roids helped bonds win all those NL MVPs when he weighed 180. roids don't give you one of the most perfectly efficient baseball swings ever seen. roids don't help you win 8 gold gloves.

barry bonds is one of the handful of best baseball players ever.  period end of discussion.  i love watching him hit the ball because i love the sport of baseball. 

as far as the "cheating" stuff goes....one, it's not cheating if it's not against the rules.  second, none of us knows what bonds has or has not ingested.  to site the fact that he's "bigger" at 37 than he was at 27 as proof of his guilt is absurd.  john elway was a lot bigger at 37 than he was at 27.  babe ruth was probably a LOT bigger at 37 than 27.  if you're a pro athelete, as you get older and speed becomes less a part of your game, it makes sense to add some bulk and you don't have to use roids or anything to do it, it can be just a matter of changing your workout regimen (or drinking more beer, in the babe's case).  third, cheating doesn't give you barry bonds' talent.  roids don't help you hit .370 or steal 40 bases.  i doubt roids helped bonds win all those NL MVPs when he weighed 180.  roids don't give you one of the most perfectly efficient baseball swings ever seen.  roids don't help you win 8 gold gloves.

992301[/snapback]

i chose to focus on roids/enhancers vs his accolades..... but as az and i have spoken about this.....i agree 100% with these statements.

the guys gets how many pitches to hit per game? a storng majority of the time he makes you pay for it. and it has always been that way.

3 hr's in 18 ab's....do we think he is cheating right now, with all of the scrutiny?  the guys is a dedicated animal

1007170[/snapback]

Make that 4 HRs in 22 ABs. He's picking up just were he left off, despite the age and the long layoff. I mean, the guy is a complete and total a$s-hat, but still... :D

Edited by Skrappy1

Make that 4 HRs in 22 ABs.  He's picking up just were he left off, despite the age and the long layoff.  I mean, the guy is a complete and total a$s-hat, but still... :D

1009686[/snapback]

you know how hard it is to hit big-league pitching?  and bonds makes it look like child's play.  :D

1009704[/snapback]

Much easier today with watered down pitching, etc. Probably why overall homers (offense) are up for this era .

But Bonds sure can hit a baseball. Even before steriods the dude was a Hall of Famer... :D

Much easier today with watered down pitching, etc.  Probably why overall homers (offense) are up for this era .

1009813[/snapback]

soup....i'm not sure i agree with you on this one. i believe that athletes are evolving (better than other eras). while the dominant pitchers of other eras would still thrive here and now, i beleive that average players now would do a lot better back then.... wieght training, nutrition, etc....... those #5's might be marginal, but the general level vs other eras i think is improved

soup....i'm not sure i agree with you on this one.  i believe that athletes are evolving (better than other eras).  while the dominant pitchers of other eras would still thrive here and now, i beleive that average players now would do a lot better back then.... wieght training, nutrition, etc.......  those #5's might be marginal, but the general level vs other eras i think is improved

1010186[/snapback]

:D Hmm...maybe also because of allowing more players (read: blacks, hispanics, japanese, etc.) in to the talent pool then?

But...you gotta admit, with 16 teams and a 5 man starting rotation in each league...seems like there could certainly be some post padding...er...I mean stat padding.

But...I think it would be fair to compare an era's players to their respective peers, therefore offense has been on the rise. I'm gonna have to research a little to back this stuff up I guess...:D

Edited by I Like Soup