[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper Projection?

freeder23

Why is the Huddle quoted saying "Keep him(Culpepper) firmly planted on your bench until he shows a pulse – it doesn’t matter how high you drafted him." Then projects him to have 250+yds and 3 TD's? I'm supposed to bench a guy that is projected to have 3 TD's? I know Culpepper has stunk it up so far but the huddle needs to get is straight! :D

I'll make my own projection: If I bench him, he gets 3TD's. If I start him, he gets 3 interceptions...

- Frustrated Keeper League Culpepper owner

Please bench him :D

I think he will have a good week. Team leaders called a players only meeting today to get whatever they are doing wrong straightened out. Even with Burleson out this week, I still think C-Pep and the offense will put up points. I would give it another week and see what happens.

Why is the Huddle quoted saying "Keep him(Culpepper) firmly planted on your bench until he shows a pulse – it doesn’t matter how high you drafted him." Then projects him to have 250+yds and 3 TD's? I'm supposed to bench a guy that is projected to have 3 TD's? I know Culpepper has stunk it up so far but the huddle needs to get is straight! :D

I'll make my own projection: If I bench him, he gets 3TD's. If I start him, he gets 3 interceptions...

- Frustrated Keeper League Culpepper owner

1009060[/snapback]

I think these 2 reports are written by 2 diff. guys, so it is a difference of opinion. And I think your projection is correct, unfortunately. If you have another decent option at QB, I'd wait on the Vikes to see if/when they get it turned around. They just look awful, and I cant see why they could just suddenly fix everything in one week.

Good luck.

Agree with CoffeeMan - let Cpepp prove he's back before I/you start him again -

I'll start Bledsoe over Cpepp this week and feel good about it.

1009489[/snapback]

And this from a guy named VikePower!!

BTW, I too am starting Bledslow over Culp THIS week, and would be VERY happy to see him snap out of it!!

Well, it was two different people making those observations/suggestions and I cannot project "don't start him".

I certainly share all the same concerns and questions of everyone else and I still contend that the problem is not Moss being gone, it is OC Linehan leaving. MIN at home against the Saints who are on their third straight road game and are susceptible to the pass while good against the run. MIN cannot run well and CPep will step up this week IMO.

It's pretty amazing to think that Culpepper is the #16 scoring fantasy QB right now and Peyton Manning is #26. Would you sit Manning?

I would think those numbers are mixed up???

CPep is 29th in my local and Manning is 17th.

1009567[/snapback]

I was using the huddle stats that does not take away for interceptions. And it depends on yardage and TD points but bottom line - the first two QBs drafted have not been worthy of more than a fantasy backup so far.

Please bench him :D

I think he will have a good week. Team leaders called a players only meeting today to get whatever they are doing wrong straightened out. Even with Burleson out this week, I still think C-Pep and the offense will put up points. I would give it another week and see what happens.

1009080[/snapback]

What do you think about Williamson this week? More looks? I know it's probably hard to tell with as bad as the O has been, but how has he looked?

Bottom line: if he can't do it at home against the Saints that was a fantasy goldmine game last year, he can't be trusted at all.

1009614[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. He had 425 yards and 4 TDs in the last meeting in 2004. If he still flops, then guaranteed - the OC is gone at the week 5 bye if not Tice too. There is no excuse for the same players in the same scheme suddenly looking like it is all new to them. When Moss was out last year, Culpepper still had TDs in every game if not up to 4 (week 10 vs GB).

It better happen this week or heads will and should roll. Week 4 in Atlanta won't be nearly as easy as this game should be.

I feel your pain guys.. I had Cpep last year and he was a moster. I have him this year and last week he cost me a win.

We can play two QB's in our league and I have Hass, Cpep, and Brees. Right now I have Hass and Brees in my lineup. I keep stopping myself from putting Cpep in.

And hows that Jamal Lewis working out. :D

Manning:

34-64, 2 TDs, 1 int, 376 yards, 74.7 QB rating, 2-0 record

Culpepper:

43-70, 0 TDs, 8 ints, 469 yards, 41.6 QB rating, 0-2 record

I understand there is a difference between real football and fatansy football, which is why most people would draft, say, Hasselbeck over Brady. Still, to say that Manning and Culpepper are having similar starts fantasy-wise, and to think about benching Culpepper is like thinking about benching Manning, is a bit of a reach.

A lot of the concern about Culpepper isn't just Culpepper, or the Moss, O-line, OC losses. A lot of the concern is that the Vikings just flat out suck. When you add a QB with a 41 QB rating to a team that just flat out sucks ... is that a good fantasy risk, regardless of opponent?

They've scored 1 TD in two games. And that TD was on the final drive of a game sitting at 37-0.

I think those of us who play fantasy football get a little caught up in stats and history sometimes to our demise. I think DMD even said as much in a recent column ("Never draft last year's team ..."). Sometimes, a team just loses its chemistry, it self-destructs, and when it does, from a fantasy perspective, it's time to run like hell, at least until they prove otherwise.

Disclaimer: I don't own Culpepper on any team. But if I needed a QB, I know I wouldn't give squat for Culpepper right now, but I'd be happy to take Manning off some fool's hands if they were concerned about his slow start. I bet most people here would say the same thing. And if you wouldn't trade for Culpepper ... why on earth would you start him?

And this is in no way intended as a slam on DMD -- he's screwed no matter what he predicts. While I normally envy his job, not with this prediction I don't.

What do you think about Williamson this week?  More looks?  I know it's probably hard to tell with as bad as the O has been, but how has he looked?

1009584[/snapback]

I am not really sure. He will definetly get more looks. This offense mainly Duante needs their confidence back. I think Taylor will be the benficiary of alot of balls thrown his way, more of possesion type plays and Williams will get some chances to make plays also - hopefully some big ones. They need to strike fast and hard. If they struggle in the 1st qtr, who knows what will happen. They never regained any type of rythym or momentum after struggling in the beggining.