[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Indy Def & Denver Def - I am concenered about how Indy's Def has been playing as of late.

Do you think Jax DEF is enough of an upgrade over Denver that I shoudl deal Ward for them & Gonzalez?

We do not require TEs in my league, they are used as WRs. My other WRs: S. Smith, Fitzgerald, Kev Curtis, Lee Evans.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!!!!

Hi Hugh! Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have a must win this week or I will be out of the playoffs…a win...and I've got a great shot at making it after going 0-5 to start the season. I need some critical advice on some tough calls.

My team

QB C. Palmer, K. Warner

RB T. Barber, W.Dunn, C.Benson, R.Brown

WR S. Moss, A.Johnson, R.Williams, T. Glenn, B. Edwards

TE A. Gates

K L. Tynes

D ATL, DAL

Start Palmer, Gates, Tynes and ATL D...

My Opponent

QB K. Collins

RB E. James, J. Jones/M. Barber, D.Foster

WR T. Holt, C. Johnson, K. McKardell

TE A. Crumpler

K M. Vanderjagt

D DEN, CIN

OPEN Decisions....

RB Pick Two

T. Barber @ SEA

W. Dunn @ DET

R. Brown @ OAK

WR Pick Two

S. Moss vs SD

T. Glenn vs DEN

A. Johnson vs STL

R. Williams vs ATL

B. Edwards @ MIN

Scoring below..yardage intensive. Please select two from each and if you could provide a very brief reason that would be great. Thank you very much for your advice and good luck to you!

Happy Thanksgiving! Go Vikes!

Hey Hugh! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

A few questions, if you dont mind:

KJones v ATL or Dunn @ DET

Pick TWO:

Leftwich @ AZ

Brees @ WAS

Warner v JAX

Plummer @ DAL :D

Finally...pick ONE

Bennett v SF

Wilford @ AZ

Glen v DEN

Thanks again!!!

Hi Hugh. :D

WDIS? Hated By Many or biggamer3?

:D

No, really, OK. Pick 2:

Chrissy Brown vs. SF

Parker @ IND

G. Jones @ ARI

K. Jones vs. ATL

Leaning towards Brown and K. Jones, although I see merit in starting the other Jones if Freddy T is out.

Thanks, as always. :D

And hell, while I'm at it...

McMahon or Martin? Thought for sure Martin was a better choice, but saw our esteemed leader estimates McMahon with a monster game. Your thoughts?

Edited by darin3

Hey Hugh,

Been away from the board for a bit, need a little help this week.

League 1 standard scoring

RB: need 2

*Portis v. SD

*Droughns @ Minn

MMoore v. Clev.

Martin v. NO

MBarber v. Den

Pittman v. Chic

Minn has been tough on the run and MMoore is improving but could Tice pull a Tice and go back to Bennett. Barber, despite the 2 TD's, has Jones stealing touches. I think I stick with Portis and Droughns, thoughts?

League 2 standard scoring, bonus for over 100 yds

WR: need 1 to go with Chad Johnson and Driver

Glenn v. Den

Curtis @ Hou

TJ Housh v. Balt.

Was thinking Curtis due to the matchups but I also have Stephen Jackson going. Glenn has been up and down but it would be nice to have a guy on Turkey Day.

Edit: Would you start the Vikings D v. Clev. over Indy @ Pitt

Thanks!

Happy Turkey Day!

Edited by nhoops

I need to pick one of these two guys to start this week:

Reuben Droughns @ MIN (Droughns has come on strong, but so has the Vikes D-Line)

or

Julius Jones v. DEN (Nationally Televised home game, but against a tough Denver team and with Barber hawking carries)

[12-team league, standard performance + TD scoring]

I have the Indy Def & Denver Def - I am concenered about how Indy's Def has been playing as of late.

Do you think Jax DEF is enough of an upgrade over Denver that I shoudl deal Ward for them & Gonzalez?

We do not require TEs in my league, they are used as WRs.  My other WRs: S. Smith, Fitzgerald, Kev Curtis, Lee Evans.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!!!!

1169747[/snapback]

Well, several thoughts. The Indy defense is not as good as their rankings/numbers, because they had a VERY light schedule early on. I think Jax and Den are probably better FF defenses the rest of the way out. I don't think Jax is much of an upgrade at all. So, I would not move Ward for Gonzo.

With Fitz and Smith you have 2 nice WR's. Evans plays well with Losman, so that should help as well. Curtis is useless with Holt and Bruce healthy, I might look to drop him if there are options on the WW.

Hey Hugh,

Been away from the board for a bit, need a little help this week.

League 1 standard scoring

RB: need 2

*Portis v. SD

*Droughns @ Minn

MMoore v. Clev.

Martin v. NO

MBarber v. Den

Pittman v. Chic

Minn has been tough on the run and MMoore is improving but could Tice pull a Tice and go back to Bennett. Barber, despite the 2 TD's, has Jones stealing touches. I think I stick with Portis and Droughns, thoughts?

League 2 standard scoring, bonus for over 100 yds

WR: need 1 to go with Chad Johnson and Driver

Glenn v. Den

Curtis @ Hou

TJ Housh v. Balt.

Was thinking Curtis due to the matchups but I also have Stephen Jackson going. Glenn has been up and down but it would be nice to have a guy on Turkey Day.

Thanks!

Happy Turkey Day!

1169766[/snapback]

What's up with the av?

Hugh,

stick w/ ATL @DET or pick up

NO @NYJ

GB @PHI

TEN vs SF

MIN vs CLE

SD @WAS

I'm inclined to stay put but ATL has killed me last 2 weeks and it is Lions on Turkey Day.

I've had to start both Bell and Anderson lately and need to pick up an RB to start in place of Bell. Here's what's out there

1. Foster @BUF

2. Chester Taylor @CIN

3. JJ Arrington vs JAC

4. Greg Jones @ARI

5. Fisher @PHI

I like Foster but if Taylor is announced out by tomorrow I'll snag him. Or should I cut Peterson and pick up both Foster and Jones?

Lastly,

Pollard vs ATL

Franks @PHI

I like Pollard and need to cut one of these guys to make room for the extra def

Hugh,

QB question.  Vick vs Det or Eli Manning vs Sea?  Vick has been hot the last 2 weeks but will he cool down?  Manning has been consistent.  Appreciate the help.

1169751[/snapback]

I actually like Vick here. The Lions are good against the run at home, so Vick should have to pass, and based on last weeks success, he might actually have some confidence in throwing the ball. I see Manning having a tough game on the road against a strong secondary.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Hi Hugh, I'm vying for a playoff spot. Couple of questions for ya this week:

QB McMahon or Warner: I believe McMahon should do well at home, Warner probably will be good for 1 TD and about 200 yds.

RB Pick 1 - J.Jones, M.Barber, C.Taylor, or JJ Arrington. I'm leaning towards Jones, starting to get more work, and should play better at home, on Turkey day.

Thanks.

OPEN Decisions....

RB Pick Two

T. Barber @ SEA

W. Dunn @ DET

R. Brown @ OAK

WR Pick Two

S. Moss vs SD

T. Glenn vs DEN

A. Johnson vs STL

R. Williams vs ATL

B. Edwards @ MIN

Scoring below..yardage intensive. Please select two from each and if you could provide a very brief reason that would be great. Thank you very much for your advice and good luck to you!

Happy Thanksgiving! Go Vikes!

1169754[/snapback]

Very tough call. Your better RB's have the tough matchups. They all give up touches, which sucks. Tough. Very tough. I think you play the matchup and give Brown the nod, and then I'd lean towards Tiki, and hope he gets his first road TD of the year. I don't think any of these 3 will do very well this week.

Moss has been cold, and has a tough matchup. Glenn is too inconsistent. Andre Johnson hasn't scored yet this year, and has pretty much sucked, but has a great matchup. I never start anyone on the Lions. Edwards has emerged to be a solid option the last few weeks, and will only get better, and plays a secondary without Smoot, so if Winfield draws Bryant, Edwards could do well.

So, in short: I'd take a chance, although it's a HUGH risk on A. Johnson, and then I'd start Edwards for sure.

Good luck, I think you're going to need it. :D

Thanks Hugh! I have quandries in two leagues, soory about the length!!

League # 1 Standard Performance Scoring:

QB: Warner, McMahon or Martin?? Warner is the hottest hand, but those matchups with McMahon and Martin! (Though Martin has a running game)

2nd RB: FWP or Melwelde Moore? OR <gulp> K. Jones??

2nd WR: Braylon Edwards or Matt Jones?

League # 2: Performance +1 per rec/rush -2 int/fum +5 for 100+ rec/rush yrds

QB: 2 of 3 Warner, Favre, McMahon

2nd RB: T. Jones or M. Anderson

3rd WR: Engram or Bruce

Thank you SOOO much Hugh!! :D

Edited by cre8tiff

Hey Hugh! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

A few questions, if you dont mind:

KJones v ATL or Dunn @ DET

Pick TWO:

Leftwich @ AZ

Brees @ WAS

Warner v JAX

Plummer @ DAL  :D

Finally...pick ONE

Bennett v SF

Wilford @ AZ

Glen v DEN

Thanks again!!!

1169756[/snapback]

Tough call at RB. I'm never a fan of start Lions, but the Falcons defense is soft, and I think they've given up a rushing TD in just about every game. And the Lions are home, which could help as well. I'd actually start KJ here. I don't see good things for Dunn this week.

Leftwich is hot, the Cards secondary sucks. That means a potential for good things. Start Leftwich.

Brees or Warner (I'm conveniently leaving Suckass out of the equation, in case you didn't notice). I go with Warner here. With Fitz and Boldin, he has the big play WR's that can help his numbers. Both are hot, both have decent matchups, both should score nice fantasy numbers, but I like Warner.

Bennett.

Happy Thanksgiving. I'd appreciate your thoughts on the choice I have to make.

Have to start one of these 3 at flex.

Samkn Gado vs PHI

Jerry Porter VS MIA

Terry Glenn vs DEN

--------------------

Edited by maddog59

Hi Hugh.  :D

WDIS?  Hated By Many or biggamer3? 

:D

No, really, OK.  Pick 2:

Chrissy Brown vs. SF

Parker @ IND

G. Jones @ ARI

K. Jones vs. ATL

Leaning towards Brown and K. Jones, although I see merit in starting the other Jones if Freddy T is out.

Thanks, as always.  :D

And hell, while I'm at it...

McMahon or Martin?  Thought for sure Martin was a better choice, but saw our esteemed leader estimates McMahon with a monster game.  Your thoughts?

1169761[/snapback]

Chris Brown is the no-brainer here.

At RB, I'd start Parker, and here's why: The Colts rushing defense is ranked high, but they had a soft schedule early which inflates the hell out of those numbers. The Lions flat out suck ass, and could be down by 30 after the first quarter, rendering KJ more useless than normal. Parker is in, Staley is out, MNF, etc.

Parker and Brown. 2 good starts.

I was at the Giants game and saw McMahon play first hand. He sucked. And last week, he fumbled 3 times, all of which were recovered luckily by the Beagles. And, he has no WR's. There is no way in hell I would start McMahon over Martin. :D

Sometimes the huddle is wrong. :D