[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the debate continute!

Like I said in my first post, both teams have a legitimate argument and one team will end the day with a legitimate gripe.

I do not think the fact that UM already played OSU should have any bearing whatsoever. We are trying to determine the 2nd best team in the country to face the best team. . :D

Again there is the problem. Ohio State fans have already crowned their team #1. Sorry if this shocks you, but many are not totally convinced your buckeyes are even the #2 team in the nation. Just look at what happen to the #2 team yesterday. Should we give the Trjans a rematch to show us that they are actually better than UCLA? Didn't think so. Since many football fans are not quite willing to crown the bucks as the best, let's have the best matchup that can not only determine who #2 might be but more importantly which team is #1. That would obviously not include a rematch of a game that has just been played.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind seeing OSU-Michigan because I think OSU-UF will result in the same result as USC-Oklahoma a couple years ago. UF plays pretty ugly football for the most part and they are very vulnerable against the pass. Do i think UF deserves the shot? Yes. do I think they would win? Not a chance because of their style.

I wouldn't mind seeing OSU-Michigan because I think OSU-UF will result in the same result as USC-Oklahoma a couple years ago. UF plays pretty ugly football for the most part and they are very vulnerable against the pass. Do i think UF deserves the shot? Yes. do I think they would win? Not a chance because of their style.

Did you think UCLA would beat USC? Yeah, I know someone is going to pop in here and say they knew it, but if that were the case they would have been repeating that time and time again in here last week under the thread projections for BCS bowls. We all knew it was possble that's why they play the game. So my opinion and yours and everyone else's are just that an opinion unless you make a great living in Vegas gambling on College football.

Geez...you guys up North must really hate Notre Dame. Coaches poll has them at 12, so that tells me that arn't nearly as bad as you make them out to be. :D

Acoording to the people in these threads the ONLY good teams in the nation are OSU, Mich, Fla., Okla., LSU, & USC

everybody else apparently sucks

Edited by Muggsy

Did you think UCLA would beat USC? Yeah, I know someone is going to pop in here and say they knew it, but if that were the case they would have been repeating that time and time again in here last week under the thread projections for BCS bowls. We all knew it was possble that's why they play the game. So my opinion and yours and everyone else's are just that an opinion unless you make a great living in Vegas gambling on College football.

Are you a LSU fan? If you are, you definitely saw that LSU would have easily beaten UF had they not played high school football against them. Muffed punts resulting in tds, muffed kickoffs resulting in safeties (then UF scoring after the free kick), fumbles on the 1 yard line. South Carolina can't get an extra point up or a last second winning FG. UF is a good football team but they are made to look great because of how dumb their opponents play. Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian was the Arkansas guy doing fielding a punt over his head at the 4 yard line that swung all the momentum back to UF after the TD? I just don't see Ohio St. making those mistakes. But I agree, anyone can win on any day.

Edited by Primetime9287

Are you a LSU fan? If you are, you definitely saw that LSU would have easily beaten UF had they not played high school football against them.

No doubt LSU was very disappointed they didn't get another shot at Florida. Like you, I too think LSU would have won a rematch, but I'm also willing to accept the lost. Does that make the Gators a better football team than LSU? No, but it does mean they are the SEC Champs and more deserve a shot at the NC than say LSU. Is Ohio State a better team they Michigan? Not to sure how many Michigan fans would say yes, but think they would all agree Ohio State also deserves more of a shot at the NC than say Michigan.

No doubt LSU was very disappointed they didn't get another shot at Florida. Like you, I too think LSU would have won a rematch, but I'm also willing to accept the lost. Does that make the Gators a better football team than LSU? No, but it does mean they are the SEC Champs and more deserve a shot at the NC than say LSU. Is Ohio State a better team they Michigan? Not to sure how many Michigan fans would say yes, but think they would all agree Ohio State also deserves more of a shot at the NC than say Michigan.

Yeah, LSU was the best team in the SEC this year. I was disappointed by their season. Like I said, I think UF deserves the shot, but my gut tells me it will be an ugly OSU win and Id rather see a good game in the National Championship and I think OSU-Michigan provides that even though im not high on Big 10 Football.

Edit: Doesn't matter what any of us think though, time will tell...

Edited by Primetime9287

Like I said, I think UF deserves the shot, but my gut tells me it will be an ugly OSU win

I would agree with this statement if Florida had a great offense and an average or less than average defense. However, I think a team with a great defense is a stronger team and much less likely to get blown out. In addition, by the time of the NC game, Florida will have been idle 5 weeks, OSU will have been idle 7 seven weeks. I believe that an offense is likely to show more rust from the idle time than the defense. Given that OSU's offense is stronger than Florida, and factoring in regression to the mean, the idle time favors Florida.

Yeah, LSU was the best team in the SEC this year. I was disappointed by their season. Like I said, I think UF deserves the shot, but my gut tells me it will be an ugly OSU win and Id rather see a good game in the National Championship and I think OSU-Michigan provides that even though im not high on Big 10 Football.

Edit: Doesn't matter what any of us think though, time will tell...

Agree that our opinions are just for debate. I'm not going to call foul if Michigan gets in over Florida. I'm one of those guys they may not always agree with the rules but always respect the rules for competition sake. Still find it funny how the rules were changed after the SEC last visit to the NC. Have a feeling if the SEC gets in NC we again may see the rules changed yet again. :D

I would agree with this statement if Florida had a great offense and an average or less than average defense. However, I think a team with a great defense is a stronger team and much less likely to get blown out. In addition, by the time of the NC game, Florida will have been idle 5 weeks, OSU will have been idle 7 seven weeks. I believe that an offense is likely to show more rust from the idle time than the defense. Given that OSU's offense is stronger than Florida, and factoring in regression to the mean, the idle time favors Florida.

Florida just gave up 28 pts to a very horrible and one demisional offense in Arkansas. I don't see Florida as a great D at all, they are above average, and above average will not even begin to slow down Smith and Pittman. Florida chances of beating OSU are about the same as mine every Wednesday when i'm off to the local carry out for my Powerball ticket. I think the game will be a big stinker, i'll watch every minute of it, but most will be upset with the match up by half-time.

Florida or Michigan to me makes no difference, My opinion is Michigan is the team I don't want to face because I believe that's the team that can beat us. I do not feel the same way about Florida.

Michigan is the better team at the end of the day, but hey OSU is already going to the big game so what do I care!!!!! :D

This is not true. The LSU fans are not anti-BCS. The BCS is what it is, about the best we can do without a playoff system. The key is everyone knew that this is the system that we have going into the year, so we all should just live with it. When it all comes down to it, the polls are 2/3 of the BCS formula so they will be the deciding factor. In the end, it would settle the debate more if Ohio St. beat Florida to win the National Title. That would clear things up a lot more than another win over Michigan or a loss to Michigan. It would allow the Big Ten to further validate itself possibly beating a tough opponent outside their conference.

I agree with everything you said, BUT, if the BCS selects Ohio State-Michigan, then what is the problem then? It's the system everyone agreed to play, everyone played their season, and the BCS determined #1 was Ohio State and #2 was Michigan. I know LSU fans aren't anti-BCS, the BCS was the greatest system of all time in 2003 if you ask them, but how bout around 7:30 PM CST tonight, if the BCS picks Michigan instead of Florida? You tell me.

I dunno, I can show you some posts where I predicted UCLA would win. Then again, I thought Arkansas was gonna beat Florida too.

Agree that our opinions are just for debate. I'm not going to call foul if Michigan gets in over Florida. I'm one of those guys they may not always agree with the rules but always respect the rules for competition sake. Still find it funny how the rules were changed after the SEC last visit to the NC. Have a feeling if the SEC gets in NC we again may see the rules changed yet again. :D

Sorry they were changed because everyone outside of Louisiana and Oklahoma felt USC was screwed, being #1 in BOTH polls.

Florida just gave up 28 pts to a very horrible and one demisional offense in Arkansas. I don't see Florida as a great D at all, they are above average, and above average will not even begin to slow down Smith and Pittman. Florida chances of beating OSU are about the same as mine every Wednesday when i'm off to the local carry out for my Powerball ticket. I think the game will be a big stinker, i'll watch every minute of it, but most will be upset with the match up by half-time.

Arkansas scored once on a shortened field after an interception and their defense scored a touchdown. They also scored once on a trick play. LSU did not score an offensive TD against them. Auburn did not score an offensive td against them. They held tennessee to minus yards rushing. Arkansas' 28 represents the most anyone has scored on Florida.

Tenn scored 20...they had negative yards rushing

Auburn scored 27--no offensive TDs

Georgia scored 14

LSU scored 10...no offensive TDs

Alabama scored 13

If we measure how strong a defense is by how many points it gives up...I'd say that Florida's def is pretty good.

Arkansas scored once on a shortened field after an interception and their defense scored a touchdown. They also scored once on a trick play. LSU did not score an offensive TD against them. Auburn did not score an offensive td against them. They held tennessee to minus yards rushing. Arkansas' 28 represents the most anyone has scored on Florida.

Tenn scored 20...they had negative yards rushing

Auburn scored 27--no offensive TDs

Georgia scored 14

LSU scored 10...no offensive TDs

Alabama scored 13

If we measure how strong a defense is by how many points it gives up...I'd say that Florida's def is pretty good.

Well said! :D

Arkansas has a very good offense and Florida has an outstanding defense. Just ask someone who knows something about football and wactches games played outside the Midwest.

Edited by SaintsFanUnfortunately

Arkansas has a very good offense and Florida has an outstanding defense. Just ask someone who knows something about football and wactches games played outside the Midwest.

I've watched every Florida game this season aside of 3 and once again i'll say, their D is above average, no where near great, the kind of defense my Buckeyes will pound to another NC title.

I've watched every Florida game this season aside of 3 and once again i'll say, their D is above average, no where near great, the kind of defense my Buckeyes will pound to another NC title.

Not attempting to be antagonistic...could you please explain your position. I'm not understanding why you feel the Gator def is only "above average." Clearly, I disagree with you...but I'd like to try and see your point of view.