[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbaro

Hugh-mongus

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....can't believe this thread hasn't been euthanized yet.

I am kinda surprised DMD hasn't put a bridle on it ... or at leased lassoed it in.

Well, he was going to come in here and yell at everyone but... he's a little hoarse. :D

A young, well-educated man on a business trip gets on the plane in Billings,

Montana to find himself seated next to an older, weathered man in a western

snap shirt, faded jeans and a cowboy hat. Thinking himself above the old

cowboy, the young man decides to make sport of him.

"You know," he says, "I've heard these flights go much more quickly if you

strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger. So, let's talk."

The cowboy looks at him wryly and says, "Well I s'pose that'd be all right.

What would you like to discuss?" "Oh, I don't know, "says the young man with

a hint of sarcasm, "How about nuclear proliferation?"

"Hmm," says the cowboy, sensing the young man's attempt to belittle him,

"That could be an interesting topic. But, let me ask you a question first --

horses, cows, and deer all eat the same stuff--grass. Yet, a deer passes

little pellets, a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse makes muffins of

dried poop. Why do you suppose that is?"

Dumbfounded, the young man replies, "I haven't the slightest idea."

"So tell me then," says the Montana cowboy with a smile, "How is it that you

feel qualified to discuss nukes when you don't know ****?"

There was no apology ... my assertion that the owners didn't love their horse like a pet would be incorrect ... nice try though.

There wasn't one, but there should have been one. That's what makes it so funny. Get it yet? :D

Would you like to start a poll to see if people think I'm wrong or you're wrong? You wouldn't stand a chance.

I think it's time for you to get off your high horse.

Yes I understand that the majority of folks here flock to be PC and offer up lip service to what a sad day it is that a million dollar horse died. For some reason it makes them/you feel better to utter the words "gee that is sad". It is equally clear that they/you don't really feel grief over the "loss" but are simply uttering the words.

This horse's death is mourned by you and a whole host of other horse lovers here simply because he was worth millions and prominent in media coverage. How many horses are put down each year as a result of their injuries that are not media darlings like Barbaro that you and yours couldn't care less about. Clearly you guys are letting the media dictate how you should feel and about what/whom. I'll do my own thinking thank you very much.

How many PEOPLE die each day and pass without a casual thought by anybody here because they aren't media darlings or worth millions of dollars? How many children starve to death daily in 3rd world countries that aren't worth a thought? Yet you grieve for the loss of an animal that belonged to somebody else and with which you had ZERO interaction ... simply because the media is leading the way for you.

Yes I understand that the majority of folks here flock to be PC and offer up lip service to what a sad day it is that a million dollar horse died.

As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, it is probably this sheepishness in so many Huddlers that makes this community so attractive to spain.

Blitz - only that one dude actually seemed to be upset that you weren't upset about the horse.

Seems that most people think you are an ass becuase you don't give a crap about the death of anyone or anything that does not affect your daily activities.

Blitz - only that one dude actually seemed to be upset that you weren't upset about the horse.

Seems that most people think you are an ass becuase you don't give a crap about the death of anyone or anything that does not affect your daily activities.

I'd rather be an ass than the mild little sheep led around by the media, feeling what they tell me to feel about who or what they tell me.

I'd rather be an ass than offer up the politically correct lip service feelings of grief that are not really felt by anyone here.

I'd rather be an ass than be the SAP that is ACTUALLY mourning over some stupid million dollar horse that belonged to somebody else.

I'd rather be an ass that thinks for himself instead of allowing the media to dictate how I think.

But by all means continue to mourn the horse and continue to feel like this makes you superior to me.

Yes I understand that the majority of folks here flock to be PC and offer up lip service to what a sad day it is that a million dollar horse died. For some reason it makes them/you feel better to utter the words "gee that is sad". It is equally clear that they/you don't really feel grief over the "loss" but are simply uttering the words.

This horse's death is mourned by you and a whole host of other horse lovers here simply because he was worth millions and prominent in media coverage. How many horses are put down each year as a result of their injuries that are not media darlings like Barbaro that you and yours couldn't care less about. Clearly you guys are letting the media dictate how you should feel and about what/whom. I'll do my own thinking thank you very much.

How many PEOPLE die each day and pass without a casual thought by anybody here because they aren't media darlings or worth millions of dollars? How many children starve to death daily in 3rd world countries that aren't worth a thought? Yet you grieve for the loss of an animal that belonged to somebody else and with which you had ZERO interaction ... simply because the media is leading the way for you.

I saw a dog that got hit by a car the other day. It saddened me. I didn't know the dog, but I like dogs. How does that fit into your psycho-evaluation of the human race? Or the media, or political correctness? You've got your head so far up your ass you seem to be trying to turn this into a lot more than it really is.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

There wasn't one, but there should have been one. That's what makes it so funny. Get it yet? :clap:

Were you expecting that he be able to comprehend what took place. :bash:

Seems that most people think you are an ass because you don't give a crap about the death of anyone or anything that does not affect your daily activities.

This is entirely the point. Plus the fact that you could piss on his grandmother's remains, although she's not dead, and he would not feel moved to take any action after such a blatant sign of disrespect classifies him as a jackass as well. He would only be pissed at the fact that he had to pay to rebury her. :D Grits let me ask you, Will you visit her gravesite once she passes on? If so, why, cause according to you those are just remains and no longer your grandmother. Do you visit other deceased family members' gravesites? :D

I saw a dog that got hit by a car the other day. It saddened me. I didn't know the dog, but I like dogs. How does that fit into your psycho-evaluation of the human race? Or the media, or political correctness? You've got your head so far up your ass you seem to be trying to turn this into a lot more than it really is.

How fast were you going when you hit it?

Sad? Come on this is an easy one to call. He would make stir-fry.

Edited by irish

Not really. He's entitled to feel how he wants about death, just as everyone else is. It's the fact that when ever someone starts a topic about a death, he has to stick his nose in and tell everyone what losers they are for having their feelings about that death.

Not really. He's entitled to feel how he wants about death, just as everyone else is. It's the fact that when ever someone starts a topic about a death, he has to stick his nose in and tell everyone what losers they are for having their feelings about that death.

Ego? Grits? I hadn't really noticed.