[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbaro

Hugh-mongus

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the hell did a horse dying merit 620 replies? I am not going to read them all but this is bound to contain a ton of lockable things in it...

I saw a dog that got hit by a car the other day. It saddened me. I didn't know the dog, but I like dogs. How does that fit into your psycho-evaluation of the human race? Or the media, or political correctness? You've got your head so far up your ass you seem to be trying to turn this into a lot more than it really is.

:D I don't know you take sapiness to the nth degree?

I'm not quite sure why you would have feelings of unhappiness, sorrow or grief over the death of a stray dog. Maybe you identify with him? So let me ask you - how long did you mourn for the stray dog?

I'm beginning to think that many of you don't really know what sadness is if you think you feel sadness over the death of a strange horse or stray dog.

I'd rather be an ass than the mild little sheep led around by the media, feeling what they tell me to feel about who or what they tell me.

I'd rather be an ass than offer up the politically correct lip service feelings of grief that are not really felt by anyone here.

I'd rather be an ass than be the SAP that is ACTUALLY mourning over some stupid million dollar horse that belonged to somebody else.

I'd rather be an ass that thinks for himself instead of allowing the media to dictate how I think.

But by all means continue to mourn the horse and continue to feel like this makes you superior to me.

You still just don't get it. I didn't mourn the horse's loss, I read about it, and thought (to myself, not out loud) that it was a shame that he didn't make it. If this had been my neighbor's horse, and I had only seen pictures of the horse, or heard them talk about the horse, I would have had the same thoughts. I have sad thoughts anytime I hear about someone dying or an animal dying. That is just the way I am. I have no problem with people that are different and/or think differently than I do though.......... :D

You still just don't get it. I didn't mourn the horse's loss, I read about it, and thought (to myself, not out loud) that it was a shame that he didn't make it. If this had been my neighbor's horse, and I had only seen pictures of the horse, or heard them talk about the horse, I would have had the same thoughts. I have sad thoughts anytime I hear about someone dying or an animal dying. That is just the way I am. I have no problem with people that are different and/or think differently than I do though.......... :D

Apparently you have never experienced sadness if you think you felt it over the passing of Barbaro.

I agree with all of this.

Except the last sentence.

:D

Apparently you have never experienced sadness if you think you felt it over the passing of Barbaro.

Are you unaware that there are different levels of sadness. The brief feeling of sadness I felt when hearing about Barbaro's being put to sleep is at the low end, where the death of a family member or close friend would be at the other end of the spectrum. Do you really not realize that there are different levels of sadness that you can have ? :D

Edited by Menudo

Are you unaware that there are different levels of sadness. The brief feeling of sadness I felt when hearing about Barbaro's being put to sleep is at the low end, where the death of a family member or close friend would be at the other end of the spectrum. Do you really not realize that there are different levels of sadness that you can have ? :D

Sure I realize that ... but I hardly believe that a "passing thought" qualifies as even the lowest level of sadness.

Sure I realize that ... but I hardly believe that a "passing thought" qualifies as even the lowest level of sadness.

Why not ? If I feel a brief moment of sadness, doesn't that qualify ? :D

How in the hell did a horse dying merit 620 replies? I am not going to read them all but this is bound to contain a ton of lockable things in it...

And you guys thought DMD was going to come riding in like the Cavalry to shut this thread down. :D

Barbarowned. :D

You didn't FEEL anything ... the thought occured to you, very briefly, that it was sad. That is my point.

I didn't ? Now you are telling people how they feel ? Yes, I did have a feeling of sadness, it was just brief and on a low level.

I'd say we are looking to WIN ... who really wants to PLACE or SHOW anyway.

We have already won :D

Edited by Hat Trick

You didn't FEEL anything ... the thought occured to you, very briefly, that it was sad. That is my point.

:D Ok, good to know that you think the way you feel in your own warped little world is the way everyone else feels.

Sometimes you and your strong-willed opinions are either laughable or sad, I can't quite decide.