[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

Wow.

You really think winning a SB with Brett Favre is a no-win for you? Just 'cause "Packer Nation" could say it took a Packer to finally win one?

Really? Are you NFC North people that petty? Who gives a furry flying f-ck? If he's playing for the Vikings, that makes him a Viking in my book. People change teams all the time.

They'd screw it up somehow. I have faith.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

You really think winning a SB with Brett Favre is a no-win for you? Just 'cause "Packer Nation" could say it took a Packer to finally win one?

Really? Are you NFC North people that petty? Who gives a furry flying f-ck? If he's playing for the Vikings, that makes him a Viking in my book. People change teams all the time.

Not sayingI would not take a superbowl win with Favre on the team. This would be a high risk, high reward move by the Vikings. The only reward that makes the move worth all the risk is a superbowl victory.

I have'nt read any of probly the last 10 pages in this thread. I just think it's hilarious that the Packer fans around here that have been bashing Favre have to root for him when he beats out Rodgers for the job. :wacko:

If Favre is a packer I have no problem rooting for him, what he's done is still bush league, and that won't change.

IIRC, the Packers don't have team issued cell phones and that was the resolution.

One false report by one reporter. Have to double check reports these days because reporters are too lazy to.

Wow.

Yes. We are that petty. My hatred for all things Favre is completely irrational. I wouldn't root for him as a Lion.

That team started out awful in '06 and got MUCH better towards the end of the year. They ripped off four straight in December, including embarrassing the Super Bowl-bound Bears at Soldier Field on New Year's Eve. At this time last year, I predicted that they'd make the playoffs (although I admittedly didn't foresee them missing the Super Bowl by a game).

Agreed that Favre stepped up his game last season, but it's A LOT easier to be an effective and efficient QB when your GM pieces together a functioning team around you. That team wasn't there in '05 or the first half of '06.

Take note of Favre's play near the end of '06 - 3 of the 4 wins in that season-ending streak were pretty much in SPITE of him.

PACKERS POSTPONE MCCARTHY PRESSER

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2008, 9:42 p.m.

As all of Wisconsin held its breath for Packers coach Mike McCarthy to share details regarding the outcome of his meeting with quarterback Brett Favre, it was announced that the press conference has been postponed until Tuesday.

Apparently, McCarthy is still meeting with Favre.

With the Packers scheduled to practice tomorrow, it’s unclear whether Favre will be on the field. Also, look for the Favre camp to leak to the media before McCarthy’s press conference the player’s version of what went down during the sit-down.

ESPN just said it was a FIVE HOUR meeting. What do you talk about in that meeting for FIVE HOURS?

PACKERS POSTPONE MCCARTHY PRESSER

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2008, 9:42 p.m.

As all of Wisconsin held its breath for Packers coach Mike McCarthy to share details regarding the outcome of his meeting with quarterback Brett Favre, it was announced that the press conference has been postponed until Tuesday.

Apparently, McCarthy is still meeting with Favre.

With the Packers scheduled to practice tomorrow, it’s unclear whether Favre will be on the field. Also, look for the Favre camp to leak to the media before McCarthy’s press conference the player’s version of what went down during the sit-down.

ESPN just said it was a FIVE HOUR meeting. What do you talk about in that meeting for FIVE HOURS?

And this continues to drag on and on and on and on.

And this continues to drag on and on and on and on.

It's early. We haven't even gotten to the first pre season game yet. The tabloid media can only cover one big story at a time. If not for Favre they'd all be at Cowboys camp looking for Pacman to slip up, tailing him all over town.

Covering Favre 24-7 is better than that.

Hey, McCrackhead, you'd better call McCarthy and let him know that he' violating Favre's Constitutional rights:

(Is the direction of the team still to go with Aaron as the starting quarterback?)

If we played a game tomorrow, Aaron Rodgers would be the starting quarterback. I'm not going to change any direction that we have gone with this football team based on the information that I have today. That's part of our conversation tomorrow, but we have all of the confidence in the world in Aaron. I think he is a player that is on time. He has earned this opportunity, three years preparing for it, and I'm very comfortable with him as our starting quarterback.

Favre seemed offended at the idea he would have to compete for the starting job during his FOX news interview. "Why, would be my question to them," Favre said.

link

Hey, McCrackhead, you'd better call McCarthy and let him know that he' violating Favre's Constitutional rights:

(Is the direction of the team still to go with Aaron as the starting quarterback?)

If we played a game tomorrow, Aaron Rodgers would be the starting quarterback. I'm not going to change any direction that we have gone with this football team based on the information that I have today. That's part of our conversation tomorrow, but we have all of the confidence in the world in Aaron. I think he is a player that is on time. He has earned this opportunity, three years preparing for it, and I'm very comfortable with him as our starting quarterback.

Favre seemed offended at the idea he would have to compete for the starting job during his FOX news interview. "Why, would be my question to them," Favre said.

link

DD, as per usual, lots of posts, no content. I will no longer argue the obvious with you. You're right. Green Bay should be able to force him to stay retired. Hopefully one day Wal Mart will push you right out the door and bring a more qualified greeter in. Then you might have a better appreciation for the situation.

In case anyone doesn't already know, the latest news/rumors on the radio this morning is more of the same. Both sides supposedly agree that a competition for the starting QB job would hurt the team as a major distraction. So it seems both sides agree that a trade is best for all concerned, BUT Favre wants to be traded within the division (Minnesota presumably) and the Packers want no part of that. They practice at 2pm GB time I believe today and supposedly McCarthy was going to have some answers for the media before then.

In case anyone doesn't already know, the latest news/rumors on the radio this morning is more of the same. Both sides supposedly agree that a competition for the starting QB job would hurt the team as a major distraction. So it seems both sides agree that a trade is best for all concerned, BUT Favre wants to be traded within the division (Minnesota presumably) and the Packers want no part of that. They practice at 2pm GB time I believe today and supposedly McCarthy was going to have some answers for the media before then.

Hurt the team? Open competition could also help Rodgers. They met for a long time last night and that points to no compromise.

If Favre plays and showcases himself it may help trade value as soon as the first QB is hurt.

Time will tell. I trust the team to do what's best.

Hurt the team? Open competition could also help Rodgers. They met for a long time last night and that points to no compromise.

If Favre plays and showcases himself it may help trade value as soon as the first QB is hurt.

Time will tell. I trust the team to do what's best.

Except if Favre holds firm that he wants only to play in Minnesota it doesn't matter what QB gets hurt...

As far as trusting the team, they hired Ari Fleischer. If that isn't a sign of a sinking ship I don't know what is.

:kicksyouwhenyerdown:

:wacko:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Except if Favre holds firm that he wants only to play in Minnesota it doesn't matter what QB gets hurt...

As far as trusting the team, they hired Ari Fleischer. If that isn't a sign of a sinking ship I don't know what is.

:kicksyouwhenyerdown:

:D

:wacko: Yeah Fleisher the liar that conned us into this war was pretty bad.

This is new-

Solution remains elusive for Favre, Packers

By Jay Glazer

Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

Updated: August 5, 2008, 2:55 AM EST

Brett Favre's Packers career appears exactly as it has over the last several months, at best in limbo, at worst over. After hours of meetings and few if any details emerging, it now seems less and less likely that Favre will be back on the playing field for the Packers, FOXSports.com has learned.

The two sides are expected to meet again in the morning as they try to work toward a solution palatable to both sides. However, one detail FOXSports.com gathered from the meeting was Favre's insistence that he did not want his presence to destroy the team's chemistry. In fact, Favre was adamant that he wanted to do what was in the best interest of the locker room and admitted this distraction was not what his teammates needed.

Another agreement from the meeting was that, despite reports to the contrary, there would not be an open quarterback competition as even Favre felt this would not be in the best interests of the locker room. Thus, Aaron Rodgers is the team's starting quarterback.

As Favre met with head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson late Monday, the sides were moving toward an agreement to end this circus, but uncertainty remained about what that agreement ultimately will be.

Favre and the team continued to hold the same viewpoints they've held for weeks but rather than continuing their stalemate, they have joined in pursuit of a mutually agreeable solution. Whether that solution will entail a trade, a release or another option was not determined in the meeting.

Favre, however, stood to his long-standing desire to stay within the division. But the Packers were still hoping to find another option.

Favre now has to truly decide if he wants to play football for one of the two teams that have shown interest — the Jets and the Bucs — or continue to push for a solution that does not appear to be viable to the Packers.

The two sides aired grievances and actually had amicable talks. In fact, McCarthy and Favre met for so long the coach was unable to attend his scheduled team meeting and chose to cancel his press conference rather than address the media before having an opportunity to meet with his players.

Thompson and Favre then met at about 11 p.m. local time as the two tried to come to determine what their next step would be.

While they did not find an answer to a situation that has become stressful to all involved, at least all parties now appear to agree that this situation must soon come to a workable conclusion.

Read this article at:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8413898...-Favre,-Packers

Favre seems pretty sure that the Vikings would want him... considering that there was no tampering, and considering the report that Childress has now denied, that the Packers contacted the Vikings for some preliminary trade discussions.

Wouldn't it be delightful, if after all of this, the Packers finally caved in and told Favre he could go to the Vikings, and then the Vikings said no thanks? :wacko::D

Favre seems pretty sure that the Vikings would want him... considering that there was no tampering, and considering the report that Childress has now denied, that the Packers contacted the Vikings for some preliminary trade discussions.

Wouldn't it be delightful, if after all of this, the Packers finally caved in and told Favre he could go to the Vikings, and then the Vikings said no thanks? :wacko::D

That would be outstanding! However, as has been noted, completely against the law. If I've learned one thing from this thread, it's that anyone who is not prepared to make Brett Favre their starting QB is doing so in violation of the constitution.