[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

Theme = Songs that inspired them

Syesha Mercado -- "I Believe" by Fantasia

David Cook - "Innocent" by Our Lady Peace

Carly Smithson -- "The Show Must Go On" by Queen

Brooke White -- "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor

Jason Castro -- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland

Michael Johns -- "Dream On" by Aerosmith

Kristy Lee Cook -- "Anyway" by Martina McBride

David Archuleta -- "Angels" by Robbie Williams

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh jeez, just looking at this list gets my Tivo thumb itchy. Syesha has to go. I mean, come on. If not her, it's time for KLC to go, no matter how smokin she is. Oh, and Castro better have a wicked good version of his song or he may slip past the girls mentioned above and head back to Dall-ass.

For the record: The next episode of this show that I watch will be my first. I have not even caught a few minutes or two surfing. Seriously, I've probably amassed about 2 total hours of Idol from nothing more than promos run during other shows (it's Fox, right? So I guess it pretty much is only promos run during football season because I don't ever watch anything else on that network).

Honestly, is it just a bunch a tools singing? Then the winner gets to bang a QB? Is that how it works?

Edited by detlef

He's doing an alternate version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Seems DCook isn't the only guy who can use youtube.

yeah but you cant fault them for using a resource...the one thing that I think that Cook did that was smart was he made it a

point to say that he was using YouTube(or whatever he said) ...it was the judges that thought otherwise but he came out

with it on his own...he is playing the game and playing it well and performing even better, imo

Hey, at least he didn't say these were "his" projections this time. :D

true...but he also didnt say that they weren't his this tiime either :D

Oh, I have no idea what they are singing. These are all guesses............ :wacko:

yeah but you cant fault them for using a resource...the one thing that I think that Cook did that was smart was he made it a

point to say that he was using YouTube(or whatever he said) ...it was the judges that thought otherwise but he came out

with it on his own...he is playing the game and playing it well and performing even better, imo

Yup, he admitted it for damage control. He is playing it off much better than the guy did a few years ago.

I don't honestly expect these guys to be able to arrange songs in less than a week. There is only so much band time each person gets.

I do expect them to give credit (before hand) to whoever's version they are using though. Hasn't always happened so far.

Seacrest has been doing a better job of it than the contestants/judges.

When they record their own songs, they will have to get approval and/or pay royalties to people they sample from.

AI is doing most of this for them by paying the people in their theme of the week or giving the contestants certain songs from a list.

Honestly, is it just a bunch a tools singing? Then the winner gets to bang a QB? Is that how it works?

Pretty much, however when Ruben Studdard won, Tony Romo reportedly wasn't as receptive as he was last year.

Write it down - those two are going to be awesome.

that version of Over The Rainbow has been played in many movies, including being the theme from "Finding Forrester" with Sean Connery

This is exactly why Chris Daughtry did not complain when he was kicked off.

Here is my take on this week:

Good.....not great

O.k. at best. Sounded like she was singing the low parts so too lightly (you could barely hear her)

Agreed with the judges. His best so far, and my favorite performance of the night.

I know I'm in the minority on this site, but, I love country music, and thought this was her best performance by far this season

Once again, I agreed with the judges. This was his worst this season, but, past performances should still keep him safe

She can sing, but, she continues to bring nothing else to the table. I was expecting better, as I like this song

VERY Good performance by him again tonight. I know he seems to rub some the wrong way, but, I think he is genuine and extremely talented

Another one that I find genuine. I was a bit disappointed, as this was another song I like, and I think she was decent, but not great. I do like her though.

My choice for bottom three: Syesha, Carly, Brooke (David Cook gets a pass, as he has been phenomenal to this point)

My choice to go home: Syesha

Who I think will be bottom three: Syesha, Carly, Kristy Lee

Who I think will go home: Syesha

I want to do deliciously evil things to Brooke White. I usually watch until she performs and then turn it off, that Archuleta kid makes me want to slit my wrists.

aside from Syesha, Brooke's the most annoying doofus left on the show

He's doing an alternate version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Seems DCook isn't the only guy who can use youtube.

Here is my take on this week:

Good.....not great

O.k. at best. Sounded like she was singing the low parts so too lightly (you could barely hear her)

Agreed with the judges. His best so far, and my favorite performance of the night.

I know I'm in the minority on this site, but, I love country music, and thought this was her best performance by far this season

Once again, I agreed with the judges. This was his worst this season, but, past performances should still keep him safe

She can sing, but, she continues to bring nothing else to the table. I was expecting better, as I like this song

VERY Good performance by him again tonight. I know he seems to rub some the wrong way, but, I think he is genuine and extremely talented

Another one that I find genuine. I was a bit disappointed, as this was another song I like, and I think she was decent, but not great. I do like her though.

My choice for bottom three: Syesha, Carly, Brooke (David Cook gets a pass, as he has been phenomenal to this point)

My choice to go home: Syesha

Who I think will be bottom three: Syesha, Carly, Kristy Lee

Who I think will go home: Syesha

My wife agrees with you 100%. I didn't see it tonight, but I will say I really like...no, I LOVE the version of Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole, but I like his music anyway. I HATE the original Judy Garland song. :wacko: What a Wonderful World is my favorite song ever. Me & Michelle danced to it at our wedding & I feel it every time I hear it. It's so simple yet it really puts things in perspective for me.