[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Movie Reviews

Menudo

The Thorp household is on a movie binge right now.

X Files 2nd movie = bad

Kung Fu Panda = good

Dark Knight = excellent

Tropic Thunder = fair

Hellboy II = very good

Hancock = good

I thought Hancock was pretty bad and am surprised by the number of people who actually enjoyed this movie. The "bad guys" in this film were so laughably thrown in to the story, it sucked most of the life out of the film.

I'm happy to see someone else besides me enjoyed Hellboy II. The story was pretty weak, but I didn't care as I was enjoying the wild character and set designs.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was watching a movie that I caught about an hour of and was digging bigtime but it was late and I passed out. I think it was called Fracture. It was with Anthony Hopkins and I think Ryan Gossling ? Anyway I gotta check the wholoe thing out because it looked great

This is defintely a 10. The DVD has 3 different endings, and all are great.

I thought Hancock was pretty bad and am surprised by the number of people who actually enjoyed this movie. The "bad guys" in this film were so laughably thrown in to the story, it sucked most of the life out of the film.

I'm happy to see someone else besides me enjoyed Hellboy II. The story was pretty weak, but I didn't care as I was enjoying the wild character and set designs.

You're right, the bad guys were just kinda tossed in. It would have been way better if they developed these guys for 10-15 minutes in the film. It was only an hour and a half, so they definitely could have squeezed a little more in.

That said, me and the wife really enjoyed this movie... well, about 4/5 of it... the last 15 minutes were sort of frantically thrown together. But the first half of the film had some laughs, some fun action, and a different "side" of Will Smith.

7.5 out of 10 on the d3-meter.

Watched this last night. I admit I haven't really been super caught up in Mulder/Scully since Duchovney left the show, but I saw the first movie. So, someone tell me

when did Mulder and Scully start doing it? and they had a kid???

. Yeah, you're right though, not very good.

Totally out of the blue as far as i was concerned. I told my wife, it was good spending time with those characters again, but this movie was brutally hard to watch. It just didn't work. Seems like they needed some money and put it together on the fly.

Good Luck Chuck

I did not enjoy this movie at all. The movie had terrible jokes, awful attempts at easy laughs, and annoying characters (especially Dane Cook's best friend) The only good thing was that there were lots of hot chicks, many of which were nude, and also the fact that Jessica Alba is extremely hot. It was a romantic comedy (and I use that term loosely) that was unfunny and annoying.

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

I'd put this a tad below the first one, but, as far as comedy sequels go, it was better than usual. Lots of laughs, entertaining story, and hot chicks.....what's not to like ? I enjoyed it.

Step Brothers

This movie was goofy & stupid. It used sophomoric humor. It took the easy, weak laughs. It barely had a plot and wasn't intelligently written. All that said, it made me laugh and I liked it. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't rank up with the best Apatow movies, but, I still enjoyed it and the time flew by watching it.

had to bump this - Finally saw Step Brothers - it is effing hilarious, and gets better each time I watch it.

loved it

Semi-Pro

I had several family members and friends tell me not to waste my time on this one, but, I like Will Ferrell & Woody Harrelson, so, I thought I'd give it a shy. Though it was far from great, I thought it was pretty good. There were some laughs, though none were major, but, the story moved along well and I was entertained by it.

Semi-Pro

I had several family members and friends tell me not to waste my time on this one, but, I like Will Ferrell & Woody Harrelson, so, I thought I'd give it a shy. Though it was far from great, I thought it was pretty good. There were some laughs, though none were major, but, the story moved along well and I was entertained by it.

Meh, I'm a Ferrell fan but I think he's starting to jump the shark with these period/sports comedies. :wacko:

Appaloosa

Great acting + great dialogue = a fantastic movie. It isn't Tombstone, but, it ranks up there with any other Western that I've seen. It's not loaded with gunfights, though there are a few, but, the plot is character driven, and it well done. Viggo Mortensen, Ed Harris, & Jeremy Irons are absolutely phenomenal. I found Renee Zellwegger and her character to be one of the negatives in the film. She simply annoys me (both the actress and the character). All in all, I loved this flick and would watch it again.

Appaloosa

Great acting + great dialogue = a fantastic movie. It isn't Tombstone, but, it ranks up there with any other Western that I've seen. It's not loaded with gunfights, though there are a few, but, the plot is character driven, and it well done. Viggo Mortensen, Ed Harris, & Jeremy Irons are absolutely phenomenal. I found Renee Zellwegger and her character to be one of the negatives in the film. She simply annoys me (both the actress and the character). All in all, I loved this flick and would watch it again.

My Dad was very excited about this one... haven't got his "review" yet, but I'll have to compare notes here.

I am a hugh Mortensen and Harris fan. Both are in my "favorite actor" category.

Zellwegger is an annoyance. I assume she had some lame "country" accent? She tried this in Cold Mountain and it was unbearable.

Still, looking forward to this.

Be Kind Rewind

I had read some decent reviews of this movie, and it got a solid rating on IMDB, so, I was looking forward to it. The premise sounded different and interesting, they erase the tapes and have to film the movies themselves. After watching it, I went away greatly disappointed. The scenes where they filmed the movies were mildly entertaining, but, they weren't a real big part of the film. I found myself getting bored with the rest of it, and didn't laugh much at all. I loved Jack Black in "School Of Rock", but, in "Tropic Thunder" and this movie, he just annoyed me. Not something I'd want to sit through again.

My Dad was very excited about this one... haven't got his "review" yet, but I'll have to compare notes here.

I am a hugh Mortensen and Harris fan. Both are in my "favorite actor" category.

Zellwegger is an annoyance. I assume she had some lame "country" accent? She tried this in Cold Mountain and it was unbearable.

Still, looking forward to this.

Mortensen---a hottie in Scooby's book

Have you/ Menudo seen Eastern Promises with him? Great flick I had not heard about till I saw it on HBO. Scooby was happy to see him completely naked in this flick...don't worry guys, it wasn't a sex scene, just him kickin some Russian mobsters arse.

Have you/ Menudo seen Eastern Promises with him? Great flick I had not heard about till I saw it on HBO. Scooby was happy to see him completely naked in this flick...don't worry guys, it wasn't a sex scene, just him kickin some Russian mobsters arse.

That scene couldn't be over soon enough, as far as I was concerned... Very uncomfortable, from a guy's perspective, to watch a nude V. Mortenson in a knife fight in a steam room. Not so much the nudity that was disturbing, as it was the fact that there was a knife involved. :wacko:

Haven't seen that one yet but did enjoy History of Violence. There was, for the record, a sex scene (Maria Bello... woohoo!) in that one. :wacko:

Haven't seen that one yet but did enjoy History of Violence. There was, for the record, a sex scene (Maria Bello... woohoo!) in that one. :D

yes, I can see why guys dig her, too! Love History of Violence also...he always does a great job in movies as the quiet type but no chump when it's time to fight :wacko:

Be Kind Rewind

I had read some decent reviews of this movie, and it got a solid rating on IMDB, so, I was looking forward to it. The premise sounded different and interesting, they erase the tapes and have to film the movies themselves. After watching it, I went away greatly disappointed. The scenes where they filmed the movies were mildly entertaining, but, they weren't a real big part of the film. I found myself getting bored with the rest of it, and didn't laugh much at all. I loved Jack Black in "School Of Rock", but, in "Tropic Thunder" and this movie, he just annoyed me. Not something I'd want to sit through again.

I love Michel Gondry who directed the movie. I was hoping to really like it, but it was average at best. Lots of promise for a film to be that bland. They could have done much more with the film.

I love Michel Gondry who directed the movie. I was hoping to really like it, but it was average at best. Lots of promise for a film to be that bland. They could have done much more with the film.

Blame the producers, not the director. If you didn't like the acting, you can blame the director. Everything else falls into the lap of the producers.

Haven't seen that one yet but did enjoy History of Violence. There was, for the record, a sex scene (Maria Bello... woohoo!) in that one. :D

I actually thought that movie was terrible, although that particular scene wasn't bad. :D I remember being pretty pumped to see it after the previews came out... I thought it was one of those where the preview was actually the best part of the whole show. :wacko: I like Ed Harris and William Hurt, also, but the movie itself was just really hard to get into, IMO.

Hancock

I find myself often disappointed with big Hollywood blockbusters, but, I really enjoyed this one. I thought it was a unique take on a Superhero story. I like Will Smith & Jason Bateman, and I thought Charlize Theron was hotter than ever.

I did think the movie went from great to very good when Theron's character turned out to be the same as Hancock, but, I suppose it did help come up with a way to finish the plot.

Other than that, I have no complaints, and thought this was very entertaining and at times, very funny. Well done.