[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Song of Ice and Fire HBO pilot set to start filming this weekend

giggity

I haven't read the books, and I would rather not know in advance if this theory is correct.

My wife and I watched tonight and believe that Theon's second in command (the tall guy) told him to find two kids in the town, burn them and pretend they're the Stark boys, rather than admitting they couldn't find the boys. So the orphans that were mentioned earlier were the two who were burned and hanged. They took the old maester away so he couldn't see who the boys really were. Otherwise, they probably would've shown Hodor and the wildling woman also burned and hanged. (Of course, after Ned was killed, I was one coming up with reasons why he really wasn't, so maybe the Stark boys were killed after all.)

This was my first thought as well & even have some supporting thoughts, but will keep them to myself for now so as not to spoil it.

Haven't had HBO in about 18 months, but caught the first episode during a free preview weekend back when it first aired. I bought the first season on DVD last night... Can't wait. Will probably watch it all by the end of the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I like this show, it pales considerably to the books. I didn't notice it as much in the first season, but there have been a ton of characters and subplots left out in the second one, or changed significantly for the purposes of making it easier to follow for the Show. I understand completely why it had to be done, i guess just having finished the book i am left wanting even more from the show.

Will be interesting to see how they close out this season next week.

<P>I assume it was the Kings orders that made that guy cut Tyrion on the

battlefield. He was pretty much ready to end him. </P>

I doubt it tops this episode but I hope they close out strong

As much as I like this show, it pales considerably to the books. I didn't notice it as much in the first season, but there have been a ton of characters and subplots left out in the second one, or changed significantly for the purposes of making it easier to follow for the Show. I understand completely why it had to be done, i guess just having finished the book i am left wanting even more from the show.

Which is the main reason why I've waited to start the books. I have just now picked up book 1 and will read them only as the series progresses.

<P>I assume it was the Kings orders that made that guy cut Tyrion on the

battlefield. He was pretty much ready to end him. </P>

Or Cersei's... Either wouldn't surprise me.

I know one thing, I'm going to love seeing Tywin's reaction when he finds out how Joffrey ran back to the keep like the coward he is.

I doubt it tops this episode but I hope they close out strong

I'm guessing most of it will be build-up for next season. The battle is won, now the plot has to be set...

Edited by rajncajn

Which is the main reason why I've waited to start the books. I have just now picked up book 1 and will read them only as the series progresses.

Or Cersei's... Either wouldn't surprise me.

I know one thing, I'm going to love seeing Tywin's reaction when he finds out how Joffrey ran back to the keep like the coward he is.

I'm guessing most of it will be build-up for next season. The battle is won, now the plot has to be set...

But isn't Robb also marching toward King's Landing? And one thing that confused me was I thought Tywin's army was going to go fight Robb (which is why Arya escaped, to warn her brother), but instead Tywin ended up at King's Landing.

I absolutely love this show.

Without reading anything that anyone has written thus far, I just started watching this show last week and will be all caught up in the next few days.

In agreement with the few comments I've seen on this page, and other conversations with Huddlers - it's epic, and it's miles better than anything else on television now. Par to the course for many HBO programs, but even this is setting a new bar imo.

It's sad to say, but right now when someone asks me "What's new?" usually the first thing I want to respond with is telling them all about Game of Thrones. :tup:

I'm really interested to see how some of the storylines play out as they have left out several characters from the books (note that I am only part way through book 3 at this point), characters that I think would be needed in order for the series to remain relatively close to the books (in particular the storyline of Bran).

Still one of my favorite shows on currently.

How many books are there ? I am getting them this month. Are they long ?

Five are currently out, and there will be seven total. They're about 1,500 pages each and each chapter jumps from one character's perspective to another.

This also means that Game of Thrones should be seven seasons long, and total 70 hours in length when it's all said and done.

I had a few questions from the Finale

<P>Did his men give up theon or are they taking him back home ?</P>

<P>Why did the other man from the watch let snow kill him ? </P>

<P>How cool were those zombie like people at the very end ? Do you think they

all let the fat guy from the watch live ?</P>

<P>Im still confused a little about the greyjoy clan and how that small group

burned down winterfeld before they left. I thought their surrender was

negotiated if they gave up theon. I think Theon is a great actor and when he was

getting angry at the guy playing that horn I was cracking up </P>