Sign in to follow this  
Chief Dick

Sugar Bowl Thread

Cincy throwing quite a few cheap shots so far.

Cincy getting their azz kicked. They are in a different type of game than what they are use to.

I seriously questioned how legit Cincy was. "Not very" appears to be the answer.

What is up with all the changing to white helmets, look like :wacko: with the teams play in those.

This game is a perfect reason why undefeated teams should not get a free ride to the BCS game.

This game is a perfect reason why undefeated teams should not get a free ride to the BCS game.

Somebody else gets it.

Why do these guys think it's necessary to talk smack after every play. Just make the tackle and shut the hell up.

Game, set, & match.

Why do these guys think it's necessary to talk smack after every play. Just make the tackle and shut the hell up.

Just trying to build the NFL resume. Remember, it's all about "entertainment" :wacko:

Yikes...

Could've been Florida-TCU. At the very least, the Horned Frogs would have put up a better fight than what the Bearcats are giving them.

Yikes...

Could've been Florida-TCU. At the very least, the Horned Frogs would have put up a better fight than what the Bearcats are giving them.

Maybe. Their schedule wasn't the toughest in the whole wide world either.

Edited by BeeR

Weak....only team's with a realistic defense should be able to play in a New Year's Day game.

Maybe. Their schedule wasn't the toughest in the whole wide world either.

Yea, they could have been exposed too. I just think with their defense, it wouldn't have been as bad as this.

Yea, they could have been exposed too. I just think with their defense, it wouldn't have been as bad as this.

It's hard to believe that TCU could have done worse than the Bearcats.

Men against boys

Cinncy exposed and Tebow going out in grand style as he deserves

I think TCUi s legit, still feel it should be Alabama/TCU Championship game.

It's hard to believe that TCU could have done worse than the Bearcats.

Likely true on both counts.

And a prime example of why I'm really sick of teams getting ranked highly with a glittery record due to playing in the weaker conferences. Or what I call the "BYU Syndrome" (so named for them being the weakest ever "champ" in 83 thx to an undefeated season playing a ridiculously weak schedule)

Or what I call the "BYU Syndrome" (so named for them being the weakest ever "champ" in 83 thx to an undefeated season playing a ridiculously weak schedule)

While I agree totally with your feelings regarding BYU's "championship", I feel this is a very different situation. BYU as the WAC champ, I believe was locked into the Holiday Bowl back in the old days and other bowls chose more marketable teams while the Holiday Bowl chose TV darling Michigan who was unfortunately 6-5 that year. This is a whole nother ball o wax. My concern for this game was that Florida was significantly more battle tested as well as athletically superior and because of this I expected them to win this game. However, the Bearcats are not this bad. This is just another example of what some bowl games end up being. Some thought UFs motivation might be down due to no championship game-itis but it may just be that Cincy was a bit let down by the fact that they went unbeaten in a BCS conference and now get to play for nothing in the current system... and it just might be that losing your coach with whom the players were very close could also have had a negative effect on the team.

Quite simply, I will never sit here and say the Big East is near the conference the SEC is but having watched both teams play several games this year I can say that the Gators are not this much better than the Bearcats.

And the truth is I was looking forward to this game and I am deeply disappointed that it's this bad.