[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Video Games; What are you playing lately?

Tford

Speaking of finishing moves, how do you do that? is it random or do you have to press a certain button? I have had people beg for mercy but just slash at them.

It looks random, so it's one of those 'critical hits' (I think) when they are on their knees. I've had about a dozen or so... the camera's kinda wonky on it though so it isn't always perfect.

Speaking of finishing moves, how do you do that? is it random or do you have to press a certain button? I have had people beg for mercy but just slash at them.

From what I've read, its completely random, but it may occur more frequently with respect to the last enemy in a group of them.

Which means that its not completely random.

So is Skyrim one of those games where if I play for only 60-90 minutes a night for 3-4 nights a week, it'll take me a couple months to finish? Not that that's a bad thing -- I just want to know if it's one of those games that take a really long time to complete because even the side quests are interesting.

So is Skyrim one of those games where if I play for only 60-90 minutes a night for 3-4 nights a week, it'll take me a couple months to finish? Not that that's a bad thing -- I just want to know if it's one of those games that take a really long time to complete because even the side quests are interesting.

30 hours of game play for the main quest, 300 hours if you also do the side quests and whatnot, I've read.

Edited by Furd

100% yes

Last night I played for 2 hours, I didnt do a single quest. I was smithing some new weapons and robbing peoples houses at night for money. There's so much to do so little time.

30 hours of game play for the main quest, 300 hours if you also do the side quests and whatnot, I've read.

That's just the basic game. I bet Bethesda will put out DLC for this game. There's hints in game of there being a New Sheo.

Edited by WaterMan

100% yes

Last night I played for 2 hours, I didnt do a single quest. I was smithing some new weapons and robbing peoples houses at night for money. There's so much to do so little time.

If anything, that's the problem with the game. You might set out to do something for an hour, get sidetracked and realize two hours later you are further away from where you initially wanted to go but are having a blast. And it shows no sign of ending. If you have ADD you are doomed. :wacko:

I've never, ever put on my robe and wizard hat and played any kind of fantasy, role-playing, or any such type of game. but this skyrim sounds kind of interesting, like it might be fun.

but I'll wait a bit. I just ordered arkham city on a lightning deal for 40 bucks the other day, so that'll keep me busy for quite some time, given how little time I get to play video games these days.

• 2 weeks later...
I've never, ever put on my robe and wizard hat and played any kind of fantasy, role-playing, or any such type of game. but this skyrim sounds kind of interesting, like it might be fun.

but I'll wait a bit. I just ordered arkham city on a lightning deal for 40 bucks the other day, so that'll keep me busy for quite some time, given how little time I get to play video games these days.

Skyrim is a must have. Paired with Arkham City you'll be busy for a long time to come. As most have said there is so much to do in Skyrim. I spent 5 hours one night just harvesting and collecting and selling...lol.I recommend it very highly.

I feel kinda the same as you do. I may don the robe and wizard hat again for old time's sakes and try Skyrim. I'm ordering components to build a new computer and my first game will be BF3. Yes, I know, not an RPG, but I do like me some killing up close and personal at times. I still read a bunch of fantasy books and stuff if y'all don't think I'm not nerdy enough...:wacko:

I just finished Dragon Age 2 and it was meh. Nowhere near as good as the first one. It was very easy to put down and forget about for weeks at a time whereas Origins storyline had me completely hooked. Santa is bringing Skyrim so we'll see how that goes.

I just finished Dragon Age 2 and it was meh. Nowhere near as good as the first one. It was very easy to put down and forget about for weeks at a time whereas Origins storyline had me completely hooked. Santa is bringing Skyrim so we'll see how that goes.

What made DA2 diffirent is they made it more like an action game where u hack and slash.

skyrim destroys DA1 + 2

What made DA2 diffirent is they made it more like an action game where u hack and slash.

skyrim destroys DA1 + 2

Dragon Age > Dragon Age 2

Mass Effect > Mass Effect 2

Fable 2 > Fable 3

and with all that said, I bought the new Duke Nukem for like $10 the other day. I used to love the original and the death matches. After 15 years of waiting, that piece of crap was a ripoff even at $10.

I can't wait for skyrim. I haven't bought it yet because I am expecting to get it from somebody for Christmas.

Keep in mind you have only eschewed the robe and wizard hat for a cape and cowl. (And Arkham City has an entirely different gameplay engine.)

Dragon Age > Dragon Age 2

Mass Effect > Mass Effect 2

Fable 2 > Fable 3

and with all that said, I bought the new Duke Nukem for like $10 the other day. I used to love the original and the death matches. After 15 years of waiting, that piece of crap was a ripoff even at $10.

I can't wait for skyrim. I haven't bought it yet because I am expecting to get it from somebody for Christmas.

oh, and Army of Two > Army of Two: The Forty Days

From what I've read, its completely random, but it may occur more frequently with respect to the last enemy in a group of them.

Which means that its not completely random.

If it's anything like the Oblivion then it's random based on your ability level. So, the better you get at a skill the more often you will land it.

And that's just from the initial game. That doesn't include the expansions and likely the user mods.

FYI, for those that think you have to don a robe and wizard hat to play Skyrim, you dont. This game is by far the best game I have played in a long time. Its entertaining and fun to play. Pulls you in pretty quick. Despite all the good games out now, I have no interest in playing anything else right now.

I built a new computer last week and ended up getting into Final Fantasy XIV based on a friend's recommendation.

It's an MMORPG. Pretty dry so far but a beautiful looking game. Easily some of the best graphics I've ever seen in an MMO.

Anyone pick up the new Star Wars MMO by BioWare?