[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting if true. I personally think most football fans don't care, and aren't going to be enlightened or changed by his views. And most people I've met with a strong religious view and looking to help others do missionary work, or become monastics and religious leaders. His Tebowing, suggestiog that Jesus/God had a hand in play/game outcomes (even jokingly) and celebrtiy of an NFL star doesn't fit the type of people I have met who are religous and looking to help others.

If the bolded part is true, why even play football, particularly in the NFL? Does he really think his becoming a star player (the only way to get more attention) will have the desired outcome?

I suppose its possible, and could really be who he is and what he thinks, but it contradicts most of what I've seen in my years dealing with people. (Disclaimer My father was an Orthdox priest, I've known several bishops, monks and nuns who work every day to enlighten others. And what I see in Tebow during NFL games doesn't fit that.)

I guess you have to realize that he comes from a very Evangelical background. It's not as much about service as it is conversions (though that is really oversimplified.) He plays football because as a pastor or whatever he couldn't preach and provide an example to literally tens of millions of people. You can't buy that kind of exposure, and he believes God gave him his football talent to be seen by millions, so he could Evangelize.

Your argument about whether or not it actually works, IMHO is spot on. I personally doubt it has a big effect.

Edited by STL Fan

Wow, I disagree with this on both counts. His ego is not a problem, and I don't believe it ever will be. He appears to be the most humble man in the NFL as best I can tell. And if you think that he will "tone down" his Christian rhetoric, again I don't think you understand Tebow very well. He believes with all his heart that the reason God gave him his talents was so that he could get a large stage and large audience to proclaim God's greatness to the masses. To "tone it down" would in his opinion be completely wasting the talents he believes God gave him. Not likely. He believes God put him on this earth to convert non- believers and reinforce the faith of believers, not to win championships.

Agreed. He was also a "preacher in training" sort of speak, while in High School. I think his convictions are solid and you won't be seeing him tone it down at all.

Agreed. He was also a "preacher in training" sort of speak, while in High School. I think his convictions are solid and you won't be seeing him tone it down at all.

I wonder if McDonald's will tolerate it when he's working at the drive-through in a couple of years?

6-22 for 180 yards . . a INT and a lost fumble.

I really wish that the OC would stop holding Tebow back.

How to stop Tebow . . .

1.) Play press coverage against their average receivers.

2.) Send your Lbs upfield to keep him in the pocket/ force him to roll to the right

3.) let him make poor passing decisions

4.) Rinse, repeat

Like I said, once NFL clubs had enough tape on him, he would struggle. He reminds me a lot of Vince Young.

However, I think Tebow has a much better work ethic than Young and there is a chance he will put in the work necessary to improve.