[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

This is the quietest this thread has been since the Tebow era began.

It actually dropped off (or to the bottom) of the first page for a while on Sunday).

Not sure how much the Tebow mystique or hype took a hit. Early Monday on NFL.com front page there was as some story like "He doesn't win but does other things." I didn't read it and cannot follow it. Since I don't watch the ad nauseum hype programs I haven't noticed.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sets up nicely for a DEN-NE playoff rematch where DEN exacts revenge!

In NE, with NE rested. After DEN has to play and win a first round game (against PIT, BAL, CIN, NYJ). That is if they even make the playoffs (where as NE is in and most likely 1/2 seed).

Gimme some of what you're smoking.

I think DEN has to make the playoffs before we start figuring out how well they'll do against an opponent 2+ rounds in.

BUF has lost 7 in a row, is playing at home on Xmas Eve, and playing in BUF in December can lead to some dicey weather conditions. They finish with NE, so they are facing a 9 game losing streak to end the season if they can't beat DEN.

DEN in the meantime travels across the country to play an early game - meaning the game starts 5 hours before they are used to starting home games, on a holiday eve.

Then you have the margin of victory in the 7 Tebow starting Ws and how they have been accomplished.

I think anyone who looks past this coming game is nuts.

I think DEN has to make the playoffs before we start figuring out how well they'll do against an opponent 2+ rounds in.

BUF has lost 7 in a row, is playing at home on Xmas Eve, and playing in BUF in December can lead to some dicey weather conditions. They finish with NE, so they are facing a 9 game losing streak to end the season if they can't beat DEN.

DEN in the meantime travels across the country to play an early game - meaning the game starts 5 hours before they are used to starting home games, on a holiday eve.

Then you have the margin of victory in the 7 Tebow starting Ws and how they have been accomplished.

I think anyone who looks past this coming game is nuts.

I don't see how Denver loses this game. As much as I want the last game of the season to be a winner take all for the Chiefs/Broncos (if San Diego loses one), I just don't think it will happen.

Buffalo is done mentally, they give up a ton of yards on the ground, and Denver is really, really hungry.

No one talks about how Tebow has had a pretty easy schedule since he's been handed the keys.

He has played..

the Dolphins when they were still winless

the Lions where he got DEMOLISHED

the Raiders in Carson Palmer's first game as QB and w/o Run-DMC; and oh by the way McGahee had 150+ and 2 scores

the Chiefs when Cassel went down

the Jets which were an actual tough battle, although the offense scored only 1 touchdown the entire game

the Chargers an uninspired team that looked like it quit; offense scored only 1 td again

the Vikings a 2-10 team they beat by 3 points

the Bears 1 offensive td; tebow throws the ball 40 times for under 250 yds and 1 td 1 int

the Patriots not even close

people that say all he does is win-you are wrong.

He wins against bad teams, and wins by a narrow margin usually.

Against playoff-contending teams he is 1-2 (DET, NE, and NYJ)

The next two weeks won't be a test, I wouldn't be surprised if he won both with 4th-quarter comebacks and the media goes, 'how does he do it' one more time. You can argue the Chiefs game will be tough because it may decide which one wins the AFCWest but I don't buy that. Not looking up any numbers, but their offense is putrid and their defense hasn't been able to get pressure on almost anyone so Tebow should pull out a win...

Broncos will go one and done in the playoffs, when Tebow has to go up against one of the following:

-the Steelers. Projected to face the Steelers right now. If you think Tebow will handle the Steel Curtain well, see the DET game

-the Texans or Jets. Both are winnable games for Tebow just because both of these teams aren't playoff-caliber IMO. Texans offense will struggle against DEN (nothing to do w/ Tebow) as well as the Jets.

-Pats or Ravens would romp Tebow.

I don't see why the Bills would be any more motivated to win next week than they do any other week. If you think they are embarrassed about dropping 7 in a row and couldn't even show their faces if they finished 0-9 this season, I believe you are forgetting that we are talking about the Buffalo Bills here, alright? The Bills are satisfied, they already had their Super Bowl in week 3 against the Patriots. The chances they win against the Broncos, and their defense which has been extremely impressive, are slim to none.

No one talks about how Tebow has had a pretty easy schedule since he's been handed the keys.

He has played..

the Raiders in Carson Palmer's first game as QB and w/o Run-DMC; and oh by the way McGahee had 150+ and 2 scores

the Jets which were an actual tough battle, although the offense scored only 1 touchdown the entire game

the Chargers an uninspired team that looked like it quit; offense scored only 1 td again

the Bears 1 offensive td; tebow throws the ball 40 times for under 250 yds and 1 td 1 int

The next two weeks won't be a test, I wouldn't be surprised if he won both with 4th-quarter comebacks and the media goes, 'how does he do it' one more time. You can argue the Chiefs game will be tough because it may decide which one wins the AFCWest but I don't buy that. Not looking up any numbers, but their offense is putrid and their defense hasn't been able to get pressure on almost anyone so Tebow should pull out a win...

Broncos will go one and done in the playoffs, when Tebow has to go up against one of the following:

-the Steelers. Projected to face the Steelers right now. If you think Tebow will handle the Steel Curtain well, see the DET game

-the Texans or Jets. Both are winnable games for Tebow just because both of these teams aren't playoff-caliber IMO. Texans offense will struggle against DEN (nothing to do w/ Tebow) as well as the Jets.

Good post and not something most don't know.

One clarification Broncos can only get in by winning their division (pretty sure). So they can only host a wild card team the first week. And NE and HOU will not be wild card teams so we can leave them out of the conversation.

But like BB said, best to see IF they reach the playoffs before talking about who they win or lose again. (But I agree, all those playoff teams will be tougher than the majority of the teams Tebow has faced.)

Broncos will go one and done in the playoffs

So DEN has shown that they are a better than average team in the NFL. That and a home playoff appearance would a very large step up from where they've been the past couple of seasons, and after a complete dismantling of the team. It's a pleasure watching the team get rebuilt and seemingly to be on the rise, given the product they put on the field immediately previous to when Tebow was installed as a starter. The kid and the team are growing together.

There's work to be done to get there. Say what you want about BUF, but it's still a cross-country road game in the NFL and Bills' players will still be playing for their jobs next year. Look at how many of the apparently better-than-DEN teams lost this past weekend with a lot on the line.

Edited by Bronco Billy

So DEN has shown that they are a better than average team in the NFL. That and a home playoff appearance would a very large step up from where they've been the past couple of seasons, and after a complete dismantling of the team. It's a pleasure watching the team get rebuilt and seemingly to be on the rise, given the product they put on the field immediately previous to when Tebow was installed as a starter. The kid and the team are growing together.

I agree. If the Broncos reach the playoff it will be a huge victory, and if any Broncos fan is expecting anymore then shame on them.

I agree. If the Broncos reach the playoff it will be a huge victory, and if any Broncos fan is expecting anymore then shame on them.

The only people I see expecting more are the Tebow bashers, who have to continually keep adjusting the bar higher to reinforce their poorly founded beliefs about him.

The only people I see expecting more are the Tebow bashers, who have to continually keep adjusting the bar higher to reinforce their poorly founded beliefs about him.

If the Broncos somehow should win the Super Bowl though, then I am just glad I don't live in America. The hype and news coverage would be insane. Nothing of that here in Scandinavia. Nobody knows who Tim Tebow is or what he has done..

If the Broncos somehow should win the Super Bowl though, then I am just glad I don't live in America. The hype and news coverage would be insane. Nothing of that here in Scandinavia. Nobody knows who Tim Tebow is or what he has done..

:wacko:

Now THAT would require some divine intervention. The clean up from the exploded heads would be horrendous as well.

Merrill Hoge watches Tebow win the Super Bowl

Edited by Bronco Billy

My bar is actually pretty low. A completion percentage that is consistently above 55% would be a nice start.

In Shanahan's last season as Denver HC, all Denver had to do to clinch the division was beat a weak Buffalo team in week 16 and they didn't. They went on to get throttled by San Diego in week 17. I'm just glad the Broncos have already played the Chargers twice, because San Diego has turned on the engine once again, and they are a team I wouldn't want to have to face right now. That being said, if I'm not mistaken, Denver wins the division if they beat Kansas City in week 17 regardless of the Buffalo game, right?

He has played..

The Broncos play great defense and can run the hell outta the ball(McGahee is averaging 4.8 ypc), that's the tried and tested formula for success in the League, and a team that can do that consistently, even with the bare minimum of caretaker at QB, is going to be able to knock off the teams in the league that can't do those things more often than not.

Tebow's doing what he has to do for the team, but I certainly don't think he's carrying them or super, inspiring them with the Holy Ghost or anything.

IMO the team's carrying him.

The best opinion I can give on him is that I wouldn't be to thrilled if were the Raiders QB... IMO there's no future in that offense they're running, and I'm still pretty skeptical that he's going to transform into and effective passing QB.

That said I can totally understand why Denver fans are excited about having success after Josh McDaniels squeezed off a Cleveland steamer on them... Tebow or no Tebow...

He has played..

Were I to summarize Tebow's opposition to emphasize the ease of his schedule I would have pointed out that he did not face Cutler and Forte, nor Adrian Peterson.

I do note that any win in the NFL on the road is a hard task regardless of who is playing for the opposition.

Last night watching Alex Smith I could not help but feel the 49ers would be better off with Tebow.

Right now, Tebow couldn't run that Offense. And believe me the Read Option Offense won't be a staple for long in the NFL, more than likely not past this season.

Right now, Tebow couldn't run that Offense. And believe me the Read Option Offense won't be a staple for long in the NFL, more than likely not past this season.

Reminds me of the wildcat. How the Dolphins started it, it had its doubters, than it became the thing to do in the next off-season and most teams added something like it to their playbook; but then everyone learned the best way to defend it and it became useless.

I think if teams can view a full season of how Tebow plays after this season and dissect it, they will probably find some trends they can capitalize on. I wouldn't be surprised if next season he struggled mightily.