[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing yesterday's "performance" it seems like if Tebow is going to make it, he's gotta find some middle ground. He occassionally puts together a drive or a quarter or (as against Pittsburgh) a whole game where he's at least pretty good. Trouble is, the rest of the time he's benchably God-awful (pun intended.) Your baseline has to be at least average with flashes of really good to be taken seriously. He has no middle ground. None. All or nothing.

He is the biggest thing to hit Denver since Elways teeth

haha....and almost as big as Brandon Lloyd's ego.

As a lifelong Broncos fan, I'm still satisfied with this season and want to see how Tebow can progress with a full offseason, some more time to jell with his receivers, and hopefully some coaching to help him with his pocket presense. Keep the coaching staff intact, draft some more help on defense, and this team can be solid.

Huh?

His cummulative NFL stats including last evenings game.

In my head I think he is about a 48% completion guy averaging around 9 or 10 yards per completion or around 5 yards per attempt with a 2 to 1 ratio of T.D.'s to interceptions and around 8 to 10 carries a game for about a 5 yard per carry average, but I wanted to confirm that before summing up his year.

In the end Tebow did enough that he will be the Broncos Q.B. next year. He is the only viable option they have under contract and the Team won enough games that they will not draft high enough to be able to take an heir apparent. Absent a trade or free agent aquisition he will be their guy for one more year.

His individual stats likely do not merit such, but the team stats, of which he is a part, where sufficient to produce that likely outcome.

He is a great kid. He is a subpar Q.B. right now. A Q.B. is a leader first, a passer second, and a runner a distant third. As a passer Tebow sucks. As a leader he excels, though maybe the over the top enthusiasm will wear thin, and i don't mean his religious enthusiam, I mean his rah rah college enthusiasm. As a runner he is powerful, usually effective, but not dynamic.

It will be interesting to watch his growth in a stable off season program. Reports are that he is a hard worker. Hard work will take someone a long way. It won't put in what god left out, but it beats talent with no work ethic.

Ultimately I believe Tebow will not be the answer at Q.B. No shame in that. Lots of good men have failed in the same effort. Being good enough to get an extended audition at the role is a high achievement.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

i mean commom?! it's the pats...... i think tebow has out performed what we all projected. i still say he is not an nfl qb, but he has done some remarkable things in denver this year.

You mean the same Pats that give up the second most yards on D? The same ones that allowed Vince Young to throw for a career high? No one expected Tebow to lead the Broncos to a win but he had 3 more completions than Brady had TD passes.

On NFLN post game they had Donovan and Fitzgerald on there. Donovan said if any QB was only completing 6-12 passes a game then they should be out of a job. When they asked Larry if he would like to play with Tebow he tried to be as PC as possible but saying no. When they asked about playing with Brady he almost fell off his chair saying he would love to.

You mean the same Pats that give up the second most yards on D? The same ones that allowed Vince Young to throw for a career high? No one expected Tebow to lead the Broncos to a win but he had 3 more completions than Brady had TD passes.

i mean that even with defensive deficiencies, the pats are one of the best teams in the league and i don't think it is realistic to expect denver/tebow to beat them. additionally, a loss to the nep is not a knock on denver/tebow. on the flip side, if i were a den/tebow fan, i could much more easily live with a loss if the team/qb played a more sound game.

In my head I think he is about a 48% completion guy averaging around 9 or 10 yards per completion or around 5 yards per attempt with a 2 to 1 ratio of T.D.'s to interceptions and around 8 to 10 carries a game for about a 5 yard per carry average, but I wanted to confirm that before summing up his year.

In the end Tebow did enough that he will be the Broncos Q.B. next year. He is the only viable option they have under contract and the Team won enough games that they will not draft high enough to be able to take an heir apparent. Absent a trade or free agent aquisition he will be their guy for one more year.

His individual stats likely do not merit such, but the team stats, of which he is a part, where sufficient to produce that likely outcome.

He is a great kid. He is a subpar Q.B. right now. A Q.B. is a leader first, a passer second, and a runner a distant third. As a passer Tebow sucks. As a leader he excels, though maybe the over the top enthusiasm will wear thin, and i don't mean his religious enthusiam, I mean his rah rah college enthusiasm. As a runner he is powerful, usually effective, but not dynamic.

It will be interesting to watch his growth in a stable off season program. Reports are that he is a hard worker. Hard work will take someone a long way. It won't put in what god left out, but it beats talent with no work ethic.

Ultimately I believe Tebow will not be the answer at Q.B. No shame in that. Lots of good men have failed in the same effort. Being good enough to get an extended audition at the role is a high achievement.

This. I'm truely surprised how tough the kid is. Lesser men would not be standing after some of the punishment he absorbed.

No there isn't. I was discussing this with someone and reminded him that I was merely saying that I don't think he's among the 32 best, in the entire world, at his job. That's really not much of a dis.

Aha! These are from NFL.com before playoffs

Gms	GS	Comp	Att	Pct	Yds	Avg	TD	Int	Rating	Rush	Yrds	Avg23	14	167	353	47.3	2,383	6.8	17	9	75.1	39	251	6.4

Your guesses were right on!

I like Tebow, but wow, it's simply amazing how much work he needs to become a good QB. I mean, they're not even going to address his delivery until they fix other issues, like footwork, timing, reading his progressions. He's got a lot to fix, apparently.

Even his footwear. Can't hurt. :wacko:

I like Tebow, but wow, it's simply amazing how much work he needs to become a good QB. I mean, they're not even going to address his delivery until they fix other issues, like footwork, timing, reading his progressions. He's got a lot to fix, apparently.

And again, this is the part I don't get about "the guy who wants it more than anyone. Who works harder than anyone." Starting with the day after his last college game, he should have been working on this stuff. He didn't know who he'd be playing for, but he knew he wanted to be an NFL QB. And there's certain things you have to do regardless of which NFL system you're going to run.

But it looks like he just hit the weight room and ran stairs. As if he was determined, not only to be an NFL QB, but to do so "his way".

He's now had two full years with no classes to get in the way of learning his craft. I'm sure he wasn't taking pre-med courses at FL, but he had to at least pretend to go to school. Now he doesn't. And he has access to NFL-caliber coaches and facilities. It astounds me that he still has so many things to learn, just to do the basics.

Maybe he should have hired Tim Rattay like Cam Newton did. Worked out well for him.

Read an article today (think it was on SI.com) about Elway coming out and saying Tebow will be the starter going in to training camp. He also said that he plans to work with Tebow himself. He is hoping that he can teach Tebow some of what he learned over his long career, including the fact that to be successful in the NFL you need to be a pocket passer and run less. We'll see how that goes. How much can he learn and correct (bad mechanics). How much will the Broncos change the offense for 2012 to open up the passing game more, and go away from some of that option run stuff.

It will be interesting to continue to watch this. Can he improve enough or not?

At least it will be a few months without so much Tebow coverage.

Tebow already has two things to be a decent NFL QB .... leadership and desire to win.

It was apparent that the team played better with him than they did with Orton.

Tebow has also proven that he can play well under pressure...4th Quarter comebacks.

NOW, he needs to turn the corner. To do that, he needs to get the footwork and accuracy down. Vick had issues with this as an early player and has turned into a decent passer. Is Tebow in that level...NO. Could he be? Maybe.

They need to become a passing team and get Elway to work with him and see how it goes. They can always run the option plays to Tebow's strengths, but if this past game was any sign...people figured it out.

One more year will be what Denver needs to see what they have...otherwise, move on.

Kiss Obama's ass all you want.

The Bronco's will be in the Super Bowl next year.

so...are dc's already catching on? they lost their last 4/5 (granted 2 were to the pats). can they win as is? or will he need to actually learn those other skills that nfl qb's possess?

If Lovie Smith was a more intelligent coach the Broncos would have not even made the playoffs.

That being said, With the exact same team and coaches I would expect them to go around 6-8 or 7-9 depending on schedule.

If Lovie Smith was a more intelligent coach the Broncos would have not even made the playoffs.

That being said, With the exact same team and coaches I would expect them to go around 6-8 or 7-9 depending on schedule.

You mean, if their schedule is only 14 games as opposed to 16? That would certainly make a difference.