[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suh

piratesownninjas

FWIW, it seems as though Suh is trying to work through some repressed homosexual tendancies. It probably doesn't help that players on other teams tease him about it constantly. A little more understanding from others and Suh probably wouldn't be such a bag of dicks.

Wow in addition to the brilliant insights you're funny too, who knew??

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helmets are coming off a lot. People don't use tight enough helmets cause they want to be comfortable. Some don't strap their chins in all the way. He tackles high, I think that is better than tackling low. He wants to rip their heads off. A lot of great defenders had that mentality. I just dont think we have seen many 6'4 300 pounds guys with his athleticism to go along with that mentality.

Seems people are asking him to cut his intensity, which probably isn't going to happen. A lot of his questionable plays aren't really questionable, but hes a scary dude. He does little cheap shots and late hits, yes, that makes him slightly dirty. But hes not out there trying to end careers.

Ngata, Haloti BAL DT

I don't know how you guys can think that play is dirty. Suh is chasing down Cultler and a split second before he reaches him Cutler starts going to the ground, making his head at arm level. Suh grabs hold to tackle him, momentum spins him around Cutler's body and the helmet pops off easily because Suh happened to have grabbed the back. There was no twisting or intention to rip his head off.

I don't know how you guys can think that play is dirty. Suh is chasing down Cultler and a split second before he reaches him Cutler starts going to the ground, making his head at arm level. Suh grabs hold to tackle him, momentum spins him around Cutler's body and the helmet pops off easily because Suh happened to have grabbed the back. There was no twisting or intention to rip his head off.

Which would be a great theory had he already not ripped a dude's helmet off during a pre-season game and been involved in a number of other "across the line" incidents.

You cut a guy slack when that happens out of the blue. But Suh no longer earns the benefit of the doubt.

Which would be a great theory had he already not ripped a dude's helmet off during a pre-season game and been involved in a number of other "across the line" incidents.

You cut a guy slack when that happens out of the blue. But Suh no longer earns the benefit of the doubt.

+1

We got Merriweather. Why I'll never know. First few games he started that crap. Lovie talks to him and sits him. Same thing should be done for Suh. In today's football, there is no room for a goon and eventually it rips at the team as a whole. Needless penalties and retaliation by the other team.

Of course Detroit won't bench him, but he needs to be put on a short leash.

Some may point at Butkus or Plank. Different era...different rules. They were crazy, but still played within the rules....Most of the time. :wacko:

I understand Detroit fans defending their own, but this guy can cause more problems than positive plays. Yall should see that. In play he's questionable but tough. After the whistle or near it, he a bad boy.

Edited by rocknrobn26

Then if he is already going down before he gets there why throw out your hand into the back of his helmet?

And it aint like this is his first time to the rodeo . . . .he already has a reputation.

Then if he is already going down before he gets there why throw out your hand into the back of his helmet?

And it aint like this is his first time to the rodeo . . . .he already has a reputation.

you're right, in a tenth of second Suh should be able to recognize that Cutlers head dipping down a foot means his going down, and he should be able to stop all his forward momentum instantaneously. Good to know.

you're right, in a tenth of second Suh should be able to recognize that Cutlers head dipping down a foot means his going down, and he should be able to stop all his forward momentum instantaneously. Good to know.

No, you're right, which is why there's literally dozens of players who play the exact same position that Suh does, who somehow manage to not continually cross the line.

And for the record, I do think the NFL needs to address the degree to which they're policing hits. I think a lot of clean hits are being unfairly called as fouls.

But it seems pretty clear to me that Suh is specifically looking to see how close to the line he can get without going over it. We all know that guy. The dude who looks at rules that are intended to be there "just in case" and figures that's the line to shoot for rather than the line to stay clear of. I mean, it's cool as long as you get away with it, but don't be shocked when you don't.

Edited by detlef

No, you're right, which is why there's literally dozens of players who play the exact same position that Suh does, who somehow manage to not continually cross the line.

Thought we were discussing 1 play?? In my opinion Suh is dirty - I don't think this specific play had the intent of ripping the helmet off of Cutler - that play seemed pretty fast and had a lot of things that could have led to the helmet coming off.

Thought we were discussing 1 play?? In my opinion Suh is dirty - I don't think this specific play had the intent of ripping the helmet off of Cutler - that play seemed pretty fast and had a lot of things that could have led to the helmet coming off.

I'm not. I'm saying that I think Suh is a dirty player. And that I'm not really interested in hearing why it might not be entirely his fault on one specific occasion. Dude seems to like to aim for the head. So it doesn't surprise me that he "accidentally" rips off dude's helmets and smacks them in the head.

He also seems to be the guy who likes to hit you the nanosecond before you step out of bounds. So, I'm guessing, one of these times, it's going to look a tiny bit too late and he's going to get a flag for that. And then we're going to analyze it by the fraction of a second and determine whether or not, on that exact play, he was truly at fault.

And again, I approach this from the perspective of a guy who was excited to see him play at this level. I was a Suh fan before I got tired of his act.

Edited by detlef

But it seems pretty clear to me that Suh is specifically looking to see how close to the line he can get without going over it.

You do realize this is NFL football, right? :wacko:

All you nancy types would be tickled pink if this stud monster was on your team. For the most part, all I see are Chicago, GB and Minn homers whining and crying that the most dominate DT of the past decade is in their division.

I love and appreciate his passion and athleticism after watching the fatty lazy's like hainsworth get the press the past few years.

You do realize this is NFL football, right? :wacko:

All you nancy types would be tickled pink if this stud monster was on your team. For the most part, all I see are Chicago, GB and Minn homers whining and crying that the most dominate DT of the past decade is in their division.

I love and appreciate his passion and athleticism after watching the fatty lazy's like hainsworth get the press the past few years.

Yes, and I also understand that he's requesting audience with the commish over the fines and penalties he's getting. And I'm guessing the conversation goes something like this:

"Listen kid, you need to quit looking at this as how far you can push the rules and just go out and make plays. Don't look at it as how close to the head are you allowed to hit. Just hit the guy. If you keep trying to play on just this side of the rules, you're going to go over. Or it's going to look enough like you're going over, and you're going to keep getting fines and penalties."

It's really that simple. And honestly, I wouldn't mind his style of play if there wasn't so much b!tching about how he's being unfairly singled out. Because he's singling himself out.

Oh, and my team has a better D and went into his house, beat them, and then made his coach cry. Would I like to have a talent like Suh on the Niners? Absolutely. Would I be saying many of the things I've said in this thread? Nope. But I also wouldn't be in here saying he's getting an unfair rap. I'd treat it like I treated it when Bonds was on the Giants. Just take the home runs. Well, until he started committing enough bad penalties at the wrong times, then I'd hope that Harbaugh would get in his head and make him play right. Something I'm guessing Schwarz is afraid to do, lest Suh "pat him on the back too hard".

All you nancy types would be tickled pink if this stud monster was on your team.

Not if he's as bad as some claim. And I'm a Colt fan for crying out loud. They almost never have a good run D and many (most?) of you weren't even born the last time they had a true stud DT at his level. But one thing I've been proud of w/the Colts through the years is they don't tolerate that kinda BS or that kinda player. Tobin got them on track w/that attitude and Polian maintained it. Course Lions being so starved for success I can imagine many happy to look the other way on something like this - to each their own. And I'm all for refs not going flag-happy at the slightest over the line kind of thing. I can't count how many times someone got flagged for roughing and it was a ridiculously bad call. I just hope seriously dirty play isn't being as tolerated as some seem to think w/this guy or elsewhere.

Just so long as the Lions fans are fine with the standards they want for their defense applied to all the opposing defenses they play.

Bingo.

Stafford is not the guy you want taking extra shots. I have no idea what Suh's intentions were, but it seems like a classic low reward, high risk maneuver if it was intentional. You gain very little and risk turning your own QB into a pinata.