[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suh

piratesownninjas

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Suh is I don't remember him having a bad reputation at Nebraska. I thought he was dominant, but clean. I could be wrong, but it troubles me more if he had a clean rep coming out of college, and he's being coached to be out of control. That speaks volumes for the Lions staff if that's the case.

Suh really pisses me off. He's Albert Haynesworth (in his prime) but with no freakin IDP points. A criminal NFL D player with lousy IDP production. Scum bag. I drafted your sorry underperforming buttocks. How about being near the top of the tackle stats instead of on the back page?

Football is a game of controlled aggression. Some are better at controlling it than others. I blame Schwartz and Cunningham for not teaching this kid to control his rage. Then again, maybe there are just some things that can't be taught.

In a weird way, this isn't too different from how people view Romo... Talented and able to make brilliant plays to help his team, but can't get out of his own way sometimes and really makes boneheaded mistakes that cost his team dearly. Of course, the difference is that Romo isn't doing anything dirty or suspension worthy... My point is that you have to take the good with the bad in so far as you think the player ultimately helps your team win football games. I remember when Haynesworth stepped on that guys face. Unacceptable behavior, but it didn't change the fact that the guy was (at the time) an elite DT that I wanted on my team because he could dominate a game for stretches on end. He served his time and was penalized/suspended for his mistakes. The same will happen to Suh. Anyone who reacts with utter contempt for Suh or who thinks he deserves a fate worse than what usually happens when players do what Suh did is just hatin. He got ejected. He will get suspended. When he gets back from suspension, he will probably continue to play at a high level and continue to put his team at risk with his uber aggression. Maybe he learns a lesson by getting suspended. Maybe he doesnt. But unless you want to rewrite the NFL rule book to ban players like Suh, you may as well just accept reality - he plays dirty. He's not the only guy in the NFL that does, folks. He is who he is. And at the end of the day, he usually helps his team win games, in spite of his anger issues.

The thing about Suh is I don't remember him having a bad reputation at Nebraska. I thought he was dominant, but clean. I could be wrong, but it troubles me more if he had a clean rep coming out of college, and he's being coached to be out of control. That speaks volumes for the Lions staff if that's the case.

No kidding. I watched him several times during college games and never got the sense he was a dirty player. Interesting point gil.

Football is a game of controlled aggression. Some are better at controlling it than others. I blame Schwartz and Cunningham for not teaching this kid to control his rage. Then again, maybe there are just some things that can't be taught.

In a weird way, this isn't too different from how people view Romo... Talented and able to make brilliant plays to help his team, but can't get out of his own way sometimes and really makes boneheaded mistakes that cost his team dearly. Of course, the difference is that Romo isn't doing anything dirty or suspension worthy... My point is that you have to take the good with the bad in so far as you think the player ultimately helps your team win football games. I remember when Haynesworth stepped on that guys face. Unacceptable behavior, but it didn't change the fact that the guy was (at the time) an elite DT that I wanted on my team because he could dominate a game for stretches on end. He served his time and was penalized/suspended for his mistakes. The same will happen to Suh. Anyone who reacts with utter contempt for Suh or who thinks he deserves a fate worse than what usually happens when players do what Suh did is just hatin. He got ejected. He will get suspended. When he gets back from suspension, he will probably continue to play at a high level and continue to put his team at risk with his uber aggression. Maybe he learns a lesson by getting suspended. Maybe he doesnt. But unless you want to rewrite the NFL rule book to ban players like Suh, you may as well just accept reality - he plays dirty. He's not the only guy in the NFL that does, folks. He is who he is. And at the end of the day, he usually helps his team win games, in spite of his anger issues.

He is who he is but he is now hurting his team's chances by not being out there for the rest of the GB game, and the one or two games that he is suspended may hurt their chances for a playoff spot.

No kidding. I watched him several times during college games and never got the sense he was a dirty player. Interesting point gil.

In college, this behaviour would get him benched by a coach before the NCAA would suspend him. The NFL is much more forgiving. I'll say it again.... make some tackles. Get some sacks. Sue (intentionally misspelled) is an MIA in the stat line.

Now, I understand that a DT's value is not in stats, but Suh is one of the worst FF starting DT's in the NFL. He might get 1.5 tackles a game, and maybe 0.2 sacks. Hardly notable as a stats player.

I think he is very over rated, but his dirty play attracts a lot of attention. Haynesworth without the production.

He is who he is but he is now hurting his team's chances by not being out there for the rest of the GB game, and the one or two games that he is suspended may hurt their chances for a playoff spot.

That's why I said usually... Obviously, his lack of control today hurt his team's chances of beating Green Bay, and their chances of beating New Orleans next week just got a bit lower as well. As others have posted, it would be nice to know if this is a Suh issue or something the coaches have pushed onto Suh. It is worth noting that Albert Haynesworth's face stomp was under Jm Schwartz' watch.

Edited by MTSuper7

That was a dirty play today and Suh should get whatever he deserves by league standards. I haven't seen him kick a player before and if anybody has a youtube clip of something similar I'd be interested. I've seen most of the other questionable stuff that people get after him for (the cutler hit last year was BS) but he definitely crossed the line today. Probably got baited into it but there is no excuse. Hope he gets his head straight and realizes he has a target on his back and can't cross the line no matter what happens.

What possible evidence of behavior could you point to, to even begin with that supposition?

What possible evidence of behavior could you point to, to even begin with that supposition?

Eh it's football. In a critical game emotions run high. Not defending him, but with tensions running high i'm sure it took its toll. But i don't know the last time someone had their head pinned to the ground and then kicked for no reason? Would be weird if it was fully unprovoked. Does not make it ok to do though.

I bet if he came out and said that Dietrich-Smith called him a racial slur everyone would be on his side. It's just a matter of situation and nobody here knows the situation besides Suh and Dietrich-Smith. We'll likely never fully get a true story. But it's fun to speculate.

Again just to clarify, not defending Suh, just throwing another situation out there as food for thought.

that is an interesting point. also, as he gets a rep as a loose cannon, other teams are sure to try to get him to go off -- getting the lions best defensive player kicked out of the game is huge.

dude needs to write a big check and take a week off care of the commish to think about what kind of player he wants to be.

Eh it's football. In a critical game emotions run high. Not defending him, but with tensions running high i'm sure it took its toll. But i don't know the last time someone had their head pinned to the ground and then kicked for no reason? Would be weird if it was fully unprovoked. Does not make it ok to do though.

I bet if he came out and said that Dietrich-Smith called him a racial slur everyone would be on his side. It's just a matter of situation and nobody here knows the situation besides Suh and Dietrich-Smith. We'll likely never fully get a true story. But it's fun to speculate.

Again just to clarify, not defending Suh, just throwing another situation out there as food for thought.

My food for thought would go something like this. During the week Suh was running his mouth. He was trying to feel pre-provoked all week to psych himself up. Suh was getting stoned earlier in the game even while being dirty with his hands to the face, and face mask, of the guy stoning him. Foolish all week, still uneffective while dirty, he frustrated himself and resorted to a punk ass play trying to bounce the Packer's head off of the turf two or three times and then stomping the guy. The provocation was the loudmouth instigtor getting frustrated when he could not back up his smack. Just plain dirty and inexcusable.

Maybe he will learn. He is young.

I haven't read the last several pages of this thread but I saw this one and can't pass it up.

Um, yea I know some folks around here treat you like a retard sometimes and I kind of try to stay above that, but please explain to me how Haynesworth stepping on a dude's face without a helmet on is even similar to a kick that catches a dudes arm and didn't even look like it really hurt the guy. Banned for life? You're huffing glue.

The point I was trying to make is that with Haynesworth, it was an isolated incident, outside of his normal behavior. The action itself was worse, sure, but Haynesworth hadn't try to rip three guys heads off first, literally, and hadn't gone to the commissioner's office just a week prior to the incident to discuss his behavior issues. At some point, you have to say that the guy doesn't respect the league, his fellow NFL players, or the opportunity he has been given, and never will. If this isn't stopped, he's going to do permanent damage to somebody, or possibly paralyze a quarterback. If he was suspended for a season, do you think he would come back a changed man? I personally don't. The NFL doesn't need him. They'll be just fine without him. Give him his walking papers and be done with it before he does something that disgraces the league for years to come. I can't think of a single good reason not to. I'm sure at least half of the league (offensive players) would approve of the move, and not because he is a good lineman.

Well his head coach does chase opposing coaches down the field after games trying to fight after a hearty handshake and a healthy pat on the back

:wacko:

Can I get a ruling on whether this is still just "good old fashioned football the way men play it" or are all the effing blowhards around here who were defending this kid going to admit that he needs to check himself?

He needs to get off the steroids and play cleaner football. Dirty play and legal violence are different things. As you will see no one here defending Suh stomping that guy because it was dirty.

He needs to get off the steroids and play cleaner football. Dirty play and legal violence are different things. As you will see no one here defending Suh stomping that guy because it was dirty.

No doubt Suh is on the Gas. No one is that Aggro.....I agree with Waterman......Dude needs to get off Gear or he's gonna eventually kill someone.