[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suh

piratesownninjas

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are probably hung up on the fact that Evan Dietrich-Smith clearly started it. That's the same failed thinking that has landed Suh in the position in which he finds himself. The pushes to the helmet you see on every down. You can't use your cleats as a weapon.

Somebody really needs to explain to Suh that players of inferior talent will constantly be trying to get into his head because it is their only chance at stopping him. He needs to spend more time working on his mental approach to the game. That hothead of a coach probably isn't going to be able to deliver the message. If I were Mr. Ford, I'd figure out what it would take to have Jerry Rice mentor the guy while he is on vacation.

I watched the clip that shows the entire play soup to nuts. It really is crystal clear.

Suh said he didn't do it, i agree...his statement proves I am right and you are wrong :wacko:

So they edited out the three head slams Suh administereed before he got up?

Yes, don't hate him because he had better leverage and got the better shimmy shots off

For the record i disagree, respectfully.

I can appreciate that.

No sarcasm...i watched it in slow-mo...his foot looks to get caught up in the guys groin area..he is off balance...looks like a "get off me b1tch" type move....I know I am in the minority but that is what it looked like to me.

I would characterize it as a "get off me b1tch" stomp. he's gotta have more control of himself than that. he's going to have a giant target on his back for the foreseeable future as the guy no one can block but you won't have to if you can get him to do something stupid to get kicked out.

Suh had better be ready and grow up pretty quickly, because its going to get worse, not better. There is no place in the game for that kind of behavior.

ETA - this is what Thomas had to say about his play that day afterwards:

"I allowed a situation to get out of hand. For that, I apologize to my teammates who were on the field with me. I jeopardized our ability to win a football game," Thomas said. "I sincerely apologize and say to them my actions of last evening will never occur again.

"I have to take this week and evaluate Derrick Thomas and come back an be the best that I can be for my team and for my teammates."

link

That's what a man does when he makes a bad mistake. He owns it. Unlike Suh.

Well then, i apologize for my lack of knowledge of your football knowledge. I'm not really on Suh's side. It's 2011 there tons of videos of it, regardless the only point i'm trying to bring up was that i doubt it was one thing that got to Suh. Either way doesn't make it right.

He won't apologize though, not like Thomas did. Athletes around my age have everything handed to them if they have the slightest bit of talent. They run their home town, they run their colleges, and once they go pro they think the city is theres. That's just the unfortunate place we're at with these guys.

In my accounting class at Michigan State, which is a required class to get into the very competitive business college, football players sign in for attendance, leave, and are currently beating the curve....without going to class. Not that this has any relevance just showing they're almost trained to do whatever the want because they're special.

Another situation to prove it. Last year, Korie Lucious walks into my large lecture class 45 minutes late, no books, just a lollipop in his mouth. Teacher looks at him because it's obvious to the whole class that yet again another athlete is late to class, and she says "excuse me Mr. Lucious why are you so late exactly"...he could have responded with anything, but chose the words "Yo, talk to coach."

A little discipline would go a long way with these guys. Unfortunately, it's probably a little late for Suh. He's already signed a big contract, so let the commish give him a game or so suspension, fine him another 50 grand. These guys don't care, and that's the issue in black and white as it always has been. Nothing you can to a player making large sums of money, if a team cuts him, another team would take a chance. (like the Bengals or Raiders :wacko: ) but seriously, that's the root of all evil.

Although, if a pancake got suh to cleat stomp somebody, i don't want to see what he does to who ever is around once he gets a punishment.

Edited by Infinity

I would characterize it as a "get off me b1tch" stomp. he's gotta have more control of himself than that. he's going to have a giant target on his back for the foreseeable future as the guy no one can block but you won't have to if you can get him to do something stupid to get kicked out.

agree 100%....and you could be right about the stomp type. Only the man upstairs really knows :wacko:

He wasn't being sarcastic. He is by far one of the best FF minds around here, particularly on IDP. I just couldn't believe he was seeing something virtually no-one else saw.

By the way, thank you very much for the compliment, it is very much appreciated.

Edited by keggerz

these guys get paid to be nasty. (Deacon Jones). it's not the girl scouts. -if you're Suh, your not gonna say "excuse me sir" when you're trying to get untangled. if you lose your balance and have to stomp a guy a little to regain it -so what?...you're not going to apologize for it afterwards. :wacko:

Edited by hooknladder

How anybody can defend what happened is beyond me.It was dirty plain and simple.He slams the guys helmet what appears to be THREE times into the ground,then after he gets up and is being pushed away,he looks down (to make sure he doesn't miss) and then STOMPS on the guy.That wasn't a kick,it was a stomp.

The video via youtube.

Suh's dirty play

Edit to add a clearer video

Edited by Sox

these guys get paid to be nasty. (Deacon Jones). it's not the girl scouts. -if you're Suh, your not gonna say "excuse me sir" when you're trying to get untangled. if you lose your balance and have to stomp a guy a little to regain it -so what?...you're not going to apologize for it afterwards. :wacko:

wow. it's either "excuse me sir" or stomp on him? I guess coach didn't teach me that technique.

:wacko:

Ummm, yeah, I played football and I coached - for over 20 years combined. How about you? Doesn't sound like it if you are reaching for an excuse for Suh's behavior yesterday.

It does constantly go on between players. And now that opponents know how Suh will react to getting laid out, other players will use that against him in future games. I remember in '98 when Shannon Sharpe was abusing Derrick Thomas to the point where he grabbed and twisted Sharpe's facemask not once but twice on different plays. Sharpe got Thomas racking up personal foul penalties in that game and was a factor in DEN crushing KC that day. Thomas was suspended by the league in the following week for his actions. I expect the same to happen to Suh.

Suh had better be ready and grow up pretty quickly, because its going to get worse, not better. There is no place in the game for that kind of behavior.

ETA - this is what Thomas had to say about his play that day afterwards:

"I allowed a situation to get out of hand. For that, I apologize to my teammates who were on the field with me. I jeopardized our ability to win a football game," Thomas said. "I sincerely apologize and say to them my actions of last evening will never occur again.

"I have to take this week and evaluate Derrick Thomas and come back an be the best that I can be for my team and for my teammates."

link

That's what a man does when he makes a bad mistake. He owns it. Unlike Suh.

Oh man do I remember that game. We still call it the Monday Night Meltdown around here. I can't remember what it was Sharpe kept saying to Thomas, but if I recall it was something about his mama and/or baby mama's. Thomas was pissed.

:tup:

Well then, i apologize for my lack of knowledge of your football knowledge. I'm not really on Suh's side. It's 2011 there tons of videos of it, regardless the only point i'm trying to bring up was that i doubt it was one thing that got to Suh. Either way doesn't make it right.

He won't apologize though, not like Thomas did. Athletes around my age have everything handed to them if they have the slightest bit of talent. They run their home town, they run their colleges, and once they go pro they think the city is theres. That's just the unfortunate place we're at with these guys.

In my accounting class at Michigan State, which is a required class to get into the very competitive business college, football players sign in for attendance, leave, and are currently beating the curve....without going to class. Not that this has any relevance just showing they're almost trained to do whatever the want because they're special.

Another situation to prove it. Last year, Korie Lucious walks into my large lecture class 45 minutes late, no books, just a lollipop in his mouth. Teacher looks at him because it's obvious to the whole class that yet again another athlete is late to class, and she says "excuse me Mr. Lucious why are you so late exactly"...he could have responded with anything, but chose the words "Yo, talk to coach."

A little discipline would go a long way with these guys. Unfortunately, it's probably a little late for Suh. He's already signed a big contract, so let the commish give him a game or so suspension, fine him another 50 grand. These guys don't care, and that's the issue in black and white as it always has been. Nothing you can to a player making large sums of money, if a team cuts him, another team would take a chance. (like the Bengals or Raiders :wacko: ) but seriously, that's the root of all evil.

Although, if a pancake got suh to cleat stomp somebody, i don't want to see what he does to who ever is around once he gets a punishment.

It's not new. It happened when I played college BBall too. Some guys were there to do nothing but play ball (and party and #### wimmen) and were scum of the Earth. Others were great guys who wanted to get everything out of their schooling as well as their game (and party and #### wimmen too).

It's not new. It happened when I played college BBall too. Some guys were there to do nothing but play ball (and party and #### wimmen) and were scum of the Earth. Others were great guys who wanted to get everything out of their schooling as well as their game (and party and #### wimmen too).

and I bet that the wimmen were different for each group.

That's the place that the media somewhat but really the fans have PUT these guys. Pro and now even college sports, football esp, are so popular (and therefore such a cash cow) and people's willingness to pay sick amounts of money for tickets/merchandise/etc and forgive players anything so long as they help the team win give us this. Suh is actually an extremely tame example.

A little discipline would go a long way with these guys.
No it wouldn't and it doesn't. That's made clear every year. Truckloads more discipline and less tolerance might make a real difference though.

so let the commish give him a game or so suspension, fine him another 50 grand. These guys don't care,
Of course not because they still have fistfuls of money ie it doesn't really impact their lives. Fines should always be based on a percentage of a guy's TOTAL salary, not a set (and relatively small) amount. 50K is a spit to someone like Suh. He had enough to retire on and live cushy and still does after such a fine.

Again these guys are like spoiled kids. If you p*ssyfoot around with them, it will get you nowhere for obvious reasons.