[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

red brake calipers

Scooby

You know what would look really phat...get one of them vinyl decals made up, "SCOOBY" in olde english font across the top of your windshield. If you want to roll incognito, may I suggest "VATO LOCO", or "CHAOS".

How's your subwoofer?

You know what would look really phat...get one of them vinyl decals made up, "SCOOBY" in olde english font across the top of your windshield. If you want to roll incognito, may I suggest "VATO LOCO", or "CHAOS".

:tup:

How's your subwoofer?

:wacko:

Seriously though...

Go with what matt770 said and as long as you have the spinners on it also, you'll be the envy of every welfare mom in the state.

even if it would look cool, it seems like a pretty dumb way to spend money to me

(of course, I am a cheap-ass bastard)

can of caliper paint is $8, my tire people wouldnt charge but $50 to paint them, but I agree that it belongs on sport cars only.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

can of caliper paint is $8, my tire people wouldnt charge but $50 to paint them, but I agree that it belongs on sport cars only.

It actually looks pretty good on lifted trucks to, in some situations. I doubt I'll do it, simply because my truck is black, the radius arms of my lift are black, and the boots for the shocks and steering stabilizers are black, and my wheels are black and don't have a lot of open space. I've seen a few trucks with the Rancho lifts on them that also have very open wheels with red calipers and it looked real good.

Painted looks cheap every single time no matter the car! Now a big brake kit with painted/anodized and cross drilled rotors looks good on most anything and performs, just my opinion.

it is ceramic caliper paint rated to handle 500 degrees. the auto is white. my only thing is since the car is brand new, I dont want them bleeding the brakes, etc. They can clean, tape off and paint what is visible with no problem

ps I used to work summers at an auto body shop, so I have a little knowledge here.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

2012 Lexus 4 door with limo tints and chrome wheels; it could go either way. it loks great they way it is now, but my dad brought up the idea (he is 78 and still rides on vogue white walls on his caddy), so we are entertaining the old man's idea :wacko:

I could see it on a GS or IS.... Not the LS or ES

it is ceramic caliper paint rated to handle 500 degrees. the auto is white. my only thing is since the car is brand new, I dont want them bleeding the brakes, etc. They can clean, tape off and paint what is visible with no problem

ps I used to work summers at an auto body shop, so I have a little knowledge here.

Even done properly, it looks cheap (I use this term instead of ghetto) and it won't last too long on a daily driver (discs get way over 500 degrees, not sure about calipers, but parts likely will). I love the way big brake calipers look on a performance vehicle of any sorts, even SUV's, but painted always looks cheap in my opinion.

Driving around this new area where we recently moved, I see a lot of expensive vehicles. Most of them have whatever stock options would be available at the dealership, so they tend to be understated. Maybe just driving a car worth $50-$100K or even more is enough showing off for them. Some of their kids do drive older Civics and such with various aftermarket accessories.