Dcat

Can Vernon Davis be trusted vs Cowboys?

Recommended Posts

Davis burned everyone who owned him last week with a big fat goose egg against the worst team vs the TE in the NFL.  Unbelievable.    Can we trust Davis moving forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Davis burned everyone who owned him last week with a big fat goose egg against the worst team vs the TE in the NFL.  Unbelievable.    Can we trust Davis moving forward?

Answer: NO. Are you going to play him anyway? That's a BIG maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time he was targeted only one time was week 2, before Jordan Reed was hurt. I didn't watch NYG-WAS game, not sure why they didn't use him.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didn't use him cuz he likes Unicorns and sprinkles on ice cream ...wtfk's....??? So odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to start him but next week isn't my concern. It's the playoffs that concern me more than anything else if J.Reed continues to miss time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

I own Vernon Davis and Greg Olsen.

 

I am going to pick up Ricky Seals-Jones to have 3 TEs on the roster...

 

There was a time when I very rarely rostered 2 tight ends.  Those days are done.  Getting bad tight end play hurts just as much as getting bad running back play or bad wide receiver play.  At least with wide receiver there are always serviceable ones available on the waiver wire.  That isn't the case with tight ends.  And at this stage of the season I wouldn't hesitate to roster a 3rd tight end if I were lacking dependable options like you are lacking.  Each of those tight ends you are rostering is more likely to start for you than your 6th running back or 7th wide receiver.  Things will possibly clear up by next week and you'll be able to drop 1 or 2 of them.

 

Edited by michaelredd9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Last time he was targeted only one time was week 2, before Jordan Reed was hurt. I didn't watch NYG-WAS game, not sure why they didn't use him.

 

 

 

DMD cleared this up in the VD Thanksgiving thread, he was open often, targeted once, on the field all but a few snaps. Just one of those games, it's happens. I'd say its a fluke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

 

There was a time when I very rarely rostered 2 tight ends.  Those days are done.  Getting bad tight end play hurts just as much as getting bad running back play or bad wide receiver play.  At least with wide receiver there are always serviceable ones available on the waiver wire.  That isn't the case with tight ends.  And at this stage of the season I wouldn't hesitate to roster a 3rd tight end if I were lacking dependable options like you are lacking.  Each of those tight ends you are rostering is more likely to start for you than your 6th running back or 7th wide receiver.  Things will possibly clear up by next week and you'll be able to drop 1 or 2 of them.

 

 

It's been a weird season for me. At the beginning of the season, I was on a 5 game losing streak.  Now, I am currently on a 6 game winning streak with the potential to win it all.  I feel I have options with WRs and RBs.  Especially with WR/RB flex.  TE play has been hurting me.  If I could get someone to step up, I would feel like it's a complete team.

 

My roster...

 

QB--Drew Brees

QB--Phillip Rivers


RB--Alvin Kamara

RB--Jordan Howard

RB--Joe Mixon

RB--Doug Martin

RB--Devontae Booker


WR--Keenan Allen

WR--Adam Theilen

WR--Alshon Jeffrey

 

TE--Greg Olson

TE--Vernon Davis

 

K---Jake Elliot

 

D--Eagles

D--Lions

 

I plan on dropping Devontae Booker and/or Doug Martin for the TE and/or Cooper Kupp or LeGaroutte Blount.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be all over BLount if he's available.. dude is a december stud it seems like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

 in the VD Thanksgiving thread

 

 

Ill have more turkey and penicillin please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, whomper said:

 

 

Ill have more turkey and penicillin please

 

You'll get nothing and like it!! Ok, maybe some cranberry sauce but that's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone rolling with VD tonight and if so how desperate are you?

 

i have to consider it...

 

my team is 11-1 the last 6 weeks and on fire...and even in spite of engram and VDs performance i still killed it last week

 

i have kamara and most likely Cmac in at rb(unless we get some bad news later on CMac and i have to put ekeler in his place)

 

so id either have to start 4 receivers and ekeler in my flex....or pick 5 receivers out of my receiver pool...im not sure which way to go or how much i can trust VD tonight.....the stakes are getting higher...cant afford many h2h or points losses now.....FYI we dont do playoffs...double W/L league with record as the decider...total points tiebreaker...last two weeks are position weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that sucked. Again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 leagues I have him in, 2 leagues he sat on the bench. One league isn't mandatory to start a TE though I did last week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, started him as well.  Great choice.  Just can't buy a decent TE this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got Jordan Reed and VD

ASJ on the bench

and cut Seals-Jones to pick up a BU QB in Hundley, because I only had Wentz at QB, needed an insurance policy in case Wentz gets pulled week 16.

Looks like I'm rolling with ASJ going forward,,, a healthy Reed would get the nod though.

TE is brutal throughout the landscape, just have to put in a warm body on most teams.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 4:19 PM, LordOpie said:

I played the WAS TE and all I got was VD.

Might wanna get that checked out, or at least get some ointment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Might wanna get that checked out, or at least get some ointment.  

I rubbed some ASJ on it and that helped with the inflammation.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.