[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lev Bell - Something is brewing in Burgh

Gourdeau

58 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

No, being a Colts fan doesn't make me an expert, but being a Browns fan CERTAINLY does not make you one either.  Tell me the last RB that played for the Browns who was worth a damn.  My guess is you weren't alive yet.

:pc: Born in 1964.... Jim Brown.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I hope he really said that.  That is a quote worthy of Yogi Berra.

He reportedly said that back in the day.  Yeah, he was a TD machine but couldn't get more than a few yards at a time.  My original fantasy football league, which I had to dump several years ago but is still going strong, started out as a TD-only league made up of a few guys that saw one of those "table tents" from Bud Light or something that promoted fantasy football. This was back in the early-mid 90's.  Hoard was always a stud in that league.

I just watched Jaylen Samuels preseason touches.  I am intrigued.  His patience waiting for his blocking to develop reminded me of Le'Veon.  He had 76 receptions last year in college playing running back and tight end.  He would be PPR gold if he actually plays a significant number of snaps.  He struggled mightily with pass protection at the beginning of camp.  I can't find any information whether he improved at pass-blocking as the preseason progressed.  Big Ben's lack of mobility probably means Jaylen won't see a lot of snaps if he can't pass protect.  With Bell most likely gone next year, he is a great dynasty stash even if he doesn't get a chance this year.

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I've been trying to trade for Le'Veon on the cheap.  I think he reports on Friday or Saturday.  There is too much money on the table.  I also think he will be accepted back with open arms.  He'll have a "man-to-man" with the teammates that criticized him and they'll say that they worked through their issues.  It is all cliche and predictable.

I agree with this.  I think he signs on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

I said "worth a damn"

C'mon, you're just arguing for arguments sake now.  Darin pointed out that Duke Johnson was the #12 RB in PPR last year, which made him an RB1 in 12 man leagues.  And Peyton Hillis finished as an RB1 his career year in Cleveland.  After all, we're talking fantasy here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

good lord, the franchise tag really needs to go. that's some (the really bad word)ed up manure right there

#MeToo

The problem is that they can keep using it. I'm surprised the players union didn't negotiate that it can only be used one time. 

Edited by Shaft

On 9/5/2018 at 10:59 AM, LordOpie said:

he's holding out until Saturday morning wanting to not play or play limited snaps while still getting his $900k game check.

He's annoyed with PIT, wants to do the least this year, in part to annoy them back, but also in part to protect his body so he can get paid next year.

He figures that he can have a very down year this year and still get paid based on past performance. When teams ask him about this season next free agency, he can simply say that he was protecting his body so he can give it to the next team.

If I owned Bell, I'd wait until a good game and trade him because this is going to be season-long issue

I really dont understand Bell not showing up today, giving up a paycheck and also getting fined for not showing up...  A strange situation with few to no good options for Bell other than getting traded..... If the Steelers can even find a team who want to deal with him, have enough salary cap space and enough draft picks to make a trade worthwhile.

At this point, if he doesn’t report by the next game I think he’s not coming back until week 10. 

Missing one one week in the grand scheme of things is more like a f-you, I told you I’m not messing around. If he’s trying to limit his touches what is one week. He’s into it for the long haul if that the case. 

2 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

At this point, if he doesn’t report by the next game I think he’s not coming back until week 10. 

Missing one one week in the grand scheme of things is more like a f-you, I told you I’m not messing around. If he’s trying to limit his touches what is one week. He’s into it for the long haul if that the case. 

Yeah, he is giving up a lot of money if he holds out until week 10.....  BTW, enjoyed Hard Knocks with your Brownies....   

1 hour ago, Oooh Nellie said:

I really dont understand Bell not showing up today, giving up a paycheck and also getting fined for not showing up...  A strange situation with few to no good options for Bell other than getting traded..... If the Steelers can even find a team who want to deal with him, have enough salary cap space and enough draft picks to make a trade worthwhile.

I don't think he can be fined because he is not under contract.

• Like 1