[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lock Team Down Or No?

the lone star

Should This Team Be Locked Down Or No?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should This Team Be Locked Down Or No?

• Yes. Lock The Team Down.
    • No. Do Not Lock The Team Down.

So let's say we're like 9-10 weeks into the fantasy season, and Owner A has been able to make trades all season long. During Week 1 he told his opponent that he wants to go all-in this year because it is likely his last year in the league. The opponent thinks Owner A also told him this during the off-season, but isn't 100% sure. However, Owner A has now been eliminated from the playoffs and it does seem like he will not be coming back to the league next year. Sure, he might come back next season (the previous season he said the same thing, yet still returned), but odds are he won't.

This is a dynasty league where, obviously, you can trade draft picks from future years to acquire players. Owner A has made these kinds of trades with the Commish and other owners all year, even after Week 1 when he told his opponent that he was leaving. There is no trade deadline and teams eliminated from the playoffs are not locked from making roster transactions. In fact, trades have been processed to teams in the championship right before kickoff for Week 16.

So do you still allow Owner A to make trades, or do you shut him down completely?

Assume that the league does not vote on trades, but that the trades he will make will be for fair-market-value (as determined by many previous deals made in the league).

Also, keep in mind that somebody else will have to inherit his team, but the new owner has not been found just yet.
However, also be sure to consider that Owner A has paid full dues for the league this season and that the team is still 100% his at the moment.

Edited by the lone star

Just now, LordOpie said:

yes and no.

the owner can't sacrifice the future unless future dues are paid. 

Makes sense I guess. I have never played in either a dynasty League or a keeper League. My entire existence in fantasy football has always been redraft leagues.

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

yes and no.

the owner can't sacrifice the future unless future dues are paid. 

We have a keeper league, good owners not losers, we've never required people to pay for next year just because they've traded a draft pick in that season. 

This guy has more leagues with more problems (now he's moved on to hypothetical problems) than anybody in fantasy sports history. 

I'm stating to think he's trolling for ideas for a fantasy football blog or something. Maybe he's a writer for The League (is that lame show still on).

46 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

I’m beginning to think he’s the commissioner of all these leagues, and he’s being called out on things or looking for loop holes.

Or he’s the guy trying to trade draft picks after he said he’s not coming back 

Very well could be.  If you weren't around a couple months ago, this guy posted 3-4 threads like this.  :blink: 

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

One of the worst

Was it him or Ugly Tuna who wanted to have a contest and then wanted to manipulate the rules so he was certain to win. 

Thought that was AE not Tuna, unless they both did it (cause I don't remember Tuna too well). 

On 9/10/2018 at 1:33 PM, jamesplante11 said:

I’m beginning to think he’s the commissioner of all these leagues, and he’s being called out on things or looking for loop holes.

Or he’s the guy trying to trade draft picks after he said he’s not coming back 

I was starting to wonder the same thing. At any rate I'm done answering questions that should be morally obvious.