[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers....

SNOWBOUND33

The Packers are playing like there is overall dysfunction, not just missing players.  You could be right. It may not last until the end of the year but he's been there for 12 years. They usually wait until the end for such a long timer that once won a Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Yup. The McCarthy/Rodgers marriage will end soon.

And it just happened, per Fox. McCarthy fired, oc Joe Philbin is the interim head coach.

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Wow, they couldn't of waited till Monday? There must have been serious tension. 

I just moved back to Wisconsin only a month ago. I was surprised how vocal everyone here was about how much they thought that McCarthy was the root of the Packers' ills. I hadn't heard anything about this in Seattle. Looking at this from the outside I thought their troubles were related to all their injuries. Apparently it was more than that.

Edited by Tripleshot

If they were going to fire him at end of season anyway, this is the best for him. He'll find another job, and can now talk to any NFL team that is interested, I'm sure the Browns will kick the tires, Dorsey's ties to GB. 

Might benefit GB too, if Philbin has any potential to be HC its a short term tryout. GB front office can also start talking openly about the job and how great an opportunity it is. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

If they were going to fire him at end of season anyway, this is the best for him. He'll find another job, and can now talk to any NFL team that is interested, I'm sure the Browns will kick the tires, Dorsey's ties to GB. 

Might benefit GB too, if Philbin has any potential to be HC its a short term tryout. GB front office can also start talking openly about the job and how great an opportunity it is. 

I agree. I think it's best for all parties involved. A dead man walking helps nobody.