[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm keeping the Pats Def on their bye.....Change my mind

'canes2004

1 hour ago, 'canes2004 said:

Seriously. Through 7 weeks they've scored 116 points and counting. Julio Jones? 107. I'll dump a bench player to keep them. Something I've never done.

I have the Pats def in one league and there's no way in hell I'm dropping NE for its bye.

No.

No.

No.

Edited by Wolverines Fan
  • Like 1

I was talking trade with one of the owners in our league, who really wanted Zeke (It was going to have to be a multi-player deal), but just to mess with him over those few days, we exchanged many proposals, and I kept saying that Zeke wasn't going anywhere without NE's defense coming back to me. (He is top record and highest point total in our league AND I was playing him this week).

At one point he just said he wouldn't even trade NE Def for Zeke straight up, So I messaged him that I would send him Zeke, Brady, and Mike Evans, for NE Def and David Montgomery. He at least took a few hours to respond, before he replied "Man, I just can't do it. I know, I'm a moron." I told him that I was just messing with him anyway...because I would be the moron IF I actually made that trade.

So anyway, I was up on him by 31 points going into tonight's game, and all he had left was NE's Def. I'll tell you what...my fart hole puckered up quite a bit tonight as they dropped 25 in that league. I was praying for Darnold to not throw another pick, a fumble, and oh how glad I am that Darnold recovered that fumble for a Safety. If he didn't, I would have actually tied... at best!😳

No matter what, Do Not Drop NE's Defense for any reason this season. Jeepers Creepers, they are unreal this year. 🙄

• Haha 1

They are ranked 1st OVERALL at all positions in fantasy points in my league, 15 years,  have never seen anything like it. So would you drop Patty Mahomes or Dalvin Cook on their bye? 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 1

lol. No, I'm not insane. There's plenty of end of the bench players that I can sacrifice. I would throw that bum T. Boyd out on his ass though. He's making me angry.

So, I go into last night down 25.63 points. Watching El Camino on Netflix and really not playing attention to the game until the 4th quarter. Check my league and I'm 6 points back! Int here, safety there etc... and I'm less than a point from a win. I'm actually rooting for the Jets offense to get back on the field. less than 3 min. to go. Just need a sack, an int. something! 1st down nothing. 2nd down nothing. 3rd down nothing. Then they punt??? Just give up??? what the #@&^????? lose by .63. :angry:

Edited by 'canes2004

4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

They are ranked 1st OVERALL at all positions in fantasy points in my league, 15 years,  have never seen anything like it. So would you drop Patty Mahomes or Dalvin Cook on their bye? 

How is there D 1st overall, must be some heavy defensive scoring. At first I thought maybe just due to less than 6pts for passing TDs. But then I see McCaffery and Cook are 4/5 on my league's top scoring list. 

Pats have 112 points in my league 26 sacks, 22 turnovers, 3 TDs and 1 safety accounts for 68 of those points, the other 44 coming from points allowed bonuses (6.5/gm which equates to 4-6 points allowed). 

Top 5 scoring in my leauge (Pats would be about 18th)

Lamar Jackson BAL QB 169

Russell Wilson SEA QB  163

Deshaun Watson HOU QB  161

Christian McCaffrey CAR RB 146

Dalvin Cook RB MIN  141

The next 10 are all QBs and still have more points than the pats, then more RB right at that total. 

19 hours ago, stevegrab said:

How is there D 1st overall, must be some heavy defensive scoring. At first I thought maybe just due to less than 6pts for passing TDs. But then I see McCaffery and Cook are 4/5 on my league's top scoring list. 

Pats have 112 points in my league 26 sacks, 22 turnovers, 3 TDs and 1 safety accounts for 68 of those points, the other 44 coming from points allowed bonuses (6.5/gm which equates to 4-6 points allowed). 

Lamar Jackson BAL QB 169

Dalvin Cook RB MIN  141

The next 10 are all QBs and still have more points than the pats, then more RB right at that total. 

They have 122 points in my league but it's not first overall. Same scoring as you for the TO's, TD's and safety. But we get 10 points for a shut out (they have 2) so that could be the difference between us. Still pretty damn impressive and in my league, they're ranked 32nd overall ahead of a ton of WR1's and RB2's.

2 hours ago, 'canes2004 said:

They have 122 points in my league but it's not first overall. Same scoring as you for the TO's, TD's and safety. But we get 10 points for a shut out (they have 2) so that could be the difference between us. Still pretty damn impressive and in my league, they're ranked 32nd overall ahead of a ton of WR1's and RB2's.

21 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Lamar Jackson BAL QB 169

Dalvin Cook RB MIN  141

212 Points in my league,

26 Sacks = 26 points,

18 Int= 36 points,

4 Fum= 8 points,

5 TD= 30 points,

1 safety= 2 points,

2 blk kick = 4 pts, 322

322 ret yards = 6 points (1 for 50)

2x pts allowed 0 = 40 points ( 20 each shutout)

2x pts allow 1-6= 30 (15 each),

3x pts allow 7-13= 30 (10 each)

• Like 1

I have a pretty stacked team (6-1) in my local keeper league, and they're outscoring everybody on my team except for Matt Ryan.  That includes Michael Thomas, Deandre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Zeke Elliott, Travis Kelce, etc.  They're 9th in the league in overall scoring, behind McCaffrey, Cook, and six QB's.  My original plan was to use them for the first 7 weeks of the season, and see what happens from there.  Well, as it stands right now, they're more of a start-every-week stud than just about anybody else on my team.  

I do still think that a big part of their unbelievable start this year has to be attributed to the favorable schedule.  After Week 1 (PIT), everybody knew they were going to be solid, if for no other reason than the opponents in Weeks 2-7.  That said, the remainder of their schedule doesn't look as tough as it once did, at least in terms of whether there are DST points to be had.  CLE, @PHI, DAL.... I can't see myself benching them in those matchups.  KC can certainly give up sacks at the very least, whether Mahomes is back by Week 14 or not (and there is a good chance I'll have a bye that week anyway).  Weeks 15/16 still look VERY juicy (BUF and @CIN), which leaves two weeks.... Week 9 @BAL and Week 13 @HOU.  In the two leageus where I've got NE, I've got either BUF or MIN slated to cover those weeks (if I decide against just rolling with the Pats, which I very well might end up doing).  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:34 AM, purplemonster said:

I know you lost by a little but it's a little crazy to expect 26 points out of your defense.  That is an unreal week.  Just give up they were down by 33 with a few minutes left.  The only thing left at that point is getting someone injured. 

Yeah I know. I had resigned to the fact that it was a lost week. That's why I wasn't even watching the game. I was completely surprised by the fact that suddenly I actually had a chance at a W. So close.

Edited by 'canes2004

20 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Saw this on Twitter 

Statistically.... if the patriots offense DID NOT take the field this year they would be 3-3-1 and a playoff team in the AFC.  

Now if we can only figure out how to stop the offense from taking the field. :thinking:

2 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

On the flip side, so far, most teams would have a better chance at winning if they just punted on first down ;)

I want to see somebody do that, or just take a knee 3 times then punt. "Hey Bill, see if your offense can beat us without 3 TDs from the defense."

God I hope the Browns look considerably better than the Jets did...I am picturing a repeat of the 49er game, again with a huge  audience (game is going to about 70% of homes in US). 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I want to see somebody do that, or just take a knee 3 times then punt. "Hey Bill, see if your offense can beat us without 3 TDs from the defense."

God I hope the Browns look considerably better than the Jets did...I am picturing a repeat of the 49er game, again with a huge  audience (game is going to about 70% of homes in US). 

Ooops.. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/ca/amp/nfl/news/jarvis-landry-says-browns-will-beat-undefeated-patriots-quickly-backtracks/bu01tl2hhx7r1lnfnpvd9jjs9