[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tired of NFL Sunday Ticket

Randall

I'm confused.

My blacked out games are only the ones that are on my local stations.  What's the big deal with watching them on local TV?

569241[/snapback]

I have to agree with this. Besides, I get my local stations in High Def. :D

Unless the remote is too confusing for you to operate. :D

I'm confused.

My blacked out games are only the ones that are on my local stations.  What's the big deal with watching them on local TV?

569241[/snapback]

In an odd coincidence, both randall and hitman have lost most of their fingers in separate, but equally horrifying blender accidents. As a result, using a remote control device is particularly problematic. It's easy with a thumb to press the up and down button. However, it is very difficult to pop in individual numbers as is required for the local games. This is why I almost never go near my blender, particularly if it is plugged in.

I'm confused.

569241[/snapback]

Nothing if they would handle it so you could switch easily. I switch between games, am told it isn't available in my area, and then have to look up the channel.

Why? Are they going to lose sales because I miss local commercials? I pay for this and they should make it more user friendly for those switching between games.

If I sign up again they will have to change this.

If I'm on 716 and go to 714, why not put the local channel there instead of blacking it out?

Edited by Randall

You don't know where your CBS and FOX are? I know it's a bit inconvenient, but its well worth not having to watch the horrible games that my locals would get assigned. I still say DirecTV is the best thing ever.

Edited by CaptainHook

The problem here is that I am being blacked out not only from my local (Saints), but other games as well. Sometimes they even show the first half, and then poof, it's gone. I thought I wasn't the only one having this problem. :D Oh yeah, and untateve....kiss my ass. :D

Is the TICKET NOT in high def? I don't have it but after watching some college games in Hi def the last few weeks that has about sold me on HD..

569472[/snapback]

Most ticket games are in HD every week...And if you sign up for their HD package (ESPNHD) and receive local HD channels (MNF and local games), then you are set. It is a beautiful thing.

If I was gonna complain about Sunday Ticket I would complain about how they mix some of the late games in the lower Channels amongst the early games..I could realy flick through the channels fast if they fixed that....that being said the NFL Ticket is the best thing since sliced bread.

I live in northern CA and the Raider game was blacked out. What was strange was that it was not one of the two games on local TV (We had the Eagles game and the Seahawks game.) Also, there have been weeks where the Raiders WERE supposed to be one of the locally televised games, but their game was blacked out on BOTH local TV and DirecTV. I think it is instances such as this that the above huddler is complaining about.

Personally, not being a Raider fan, I still think the NFL Ticket is great and plan on renewing it next season.

I live in northern CA and the Raider game was blacked out.  What was strange was that it was not one of the two games on local TV (We had the Eagles game and the Seahawks game.)  Also, there have been weeks where the Raiders WERE supposed to be one of the locally televised games, but their game was blacked out on BOTH local TV and DirecTV.  I think it is instances such as this that the above huddler is complaining about. 

Personally, not being a Raider fan, I still think the NFL Ticket is great and plan on renewing it next season.

569560[/snapback]

That's not DirecTv, that's the NFL. If you live within X miles (I forget how many) of the stadium and the game is not sold out, then it is blacked out in the local viewing area. The NFL does this to try and make the games sell out.

The problem here is that I am being blacked out not only from my local (Saints), but other games as well.  Sometimes they even show the first half, and then poof, it's gone.  I thought I wasn't the only one having this problem.    :D  Oh yeah, and untateve....kiss my ass.  :D

569313[/snapback]

I can see why you are upset Hitman...Saints is your local team...the whole team hasn't woke up from their last blackout--at least they played like they were in a blackout..... :DB):yay: maybe you can use the remote to play Madden 2004 and the Saints will do better there!!!!

:bigshock: B):D

My only complaint is my local Fox channel doesn't broadcast in high-def. The CBS affiliate does. Luckily the CBS affiliate has the Texans and the Fox affiliate usually has the Cowboy game, and the Cowboys aren't worth watching this year. :D