[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MSAINT!

Schleprock

Picked up a copy (3 actually) of Committed today as an early gift to myself. After reading the first chapter, I went out and got two more for gifts - 1 for our commish, and 1 for my best friend and biggest rival in our local.

I actually made my girlfriend read the section in the 1st chapter regarding your wife and how she's had to cope. Her exact words: "Did you write this book?" I politely deferred to you.

I will say that, although not a classic in the To Kill a Mockingbird sort of way, I'm thoroughly enjoying the read. It's made me realize that the more we try to pretend our leagues are different in some substantial way, the more we should admit that we're merely the same story told thousands of times with different actors filling the roles....

Me like football. You like football. Let's beat women over head and drag back to our huts... Ugh.

If you're ever in Columbus, I'd like the chance to meet and perhaps even get the hardcopy autographed (should fetch at least another buck or 2 on Ebay :D ).

Good stuff!! :D

Picked up a copy (3 actually) of Committed today as an early gift to myself.  After reading the first chapter, I went out and got two more for gifts - 1 for our commish, and 1 for my best friend and biggest rival in our local.

I actually made my girlfriend read the section in the 1st chapter regarding your wife and how she's had to cope.  Her exact words:  "Did you write this book?"  I politely deferred to you.

I will say that, although not a classic in the To Kill a Mockingbird sort of way, I'm thoroughly enjoying the read.  It's made me realize that the more we try to pretend our leagues are different in some substantial way, the more we should admit that we're merely the same story told thousands of times with different actors filling the roles....

Me like football.  You like football.  Let's beat women over head and drag back to our huts...  Ugh.

If you're ever in Columbus, I'd like the chance to meet and perhaps even get the hardcopy autographed (should fetch at least another buck or 2 on Ebay  B) ).

Good stuff!! :D

598729[/snapback]

Thanks, schleprock (and everyone else), appreciate it. And thanks for buying so many copies. :D Yeah, I knew full well I wasn't writing the next Great Gatsby, but I hoped it'd be a fun read. And re: the one bad review on Amazon, that was pretty funny. This dude emailed me and went off, saying I'd wasted his money, that he could have written a better book ("the only difference between you and me is that you quit your job first," he says), that there were no interesting stories or strategies, and he learned nothing. Called my writing style juvenile, and compared me to Bill Simmons and Dave Barry, which, I guess, he thought was an insult. Just shows you, can't please everyone, and you're taking risks when you "put yourself out there." Still, luckily, he's literally been the only bad/negative response or "review" I've gotten so far, so it makes me wonder what kind of personal demons he's dealing with. Failed writer? Failed athlete? Drafted Kevan Barlow #1 overall? Can't get laid? The possibilities are endless...:D

Edited by msaint

I'll probably buy it since you have almost every RB that I have.

598968[/snapback]

Edge, Domanick, Pittman, Julius? (knock on wood) That crew is working out pretty well this year, ain't it?...The only problem has been deciding who to start. :D

For those of us that are mentally challenged- Book title is "Committed"? by MSaint-(author name is?). I know this has been mentioned before but please -one more time. Thanks

598978[/snapback]

Here ya go...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846

Here ya go...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846

598981[/snapback]

I'll be honest, I never even considered buying your book. But, I just read the excerpt from Amazon and your life sounds similar to mine, even the athletic phase you once enjoyed. I am in DC and it looks like I'll buy a copy this afternoon and read on. It looks like I'll support your quest and I wish you well, because if you can succeed, there is hope for the rest of us half-speeds.

I was recently in Ireland and I bought my friend's husband a copy of Committed as part of a "thank you" care package. The only one left I might add so I couldn't even buy myself one! I'll be back...oh yes.

I picked up a copy for myself a few weeks back. So far so good. The only problem that I have right now is that I don't have enough time to read it with the playoffs looming, but what I have read so far I have enjoyed. Will probably get around to finishing it after the season, and hopefully my first title!!!

MSAINT-

Just read the excerpt. Funny. I'm a sales rep for a software co and need to blow out December or a might be looking for a new job. Yet I've spent the past 45 minutes in the Huddle and then reading your excerpt. What a dork I am. But I do have Peyton Manning and a bye for the playoffs.

Flaming Mos

"Iguess I'm in the minority here, but I found this book to be an utter waste of time. I suppose if you've never played fantasy football before, you might find it insightful, but if the dude's going to quit his job, I'd expect him to elevate his game just a bit. I've been playing FF for a few years, and I honestly can say that I learned nothing from this book. Additionally, his writing style was immature and dull. He gave us very little reason to care about him or his quest, other than the fact that he's lost a lot in the past. Save your money."

Was this review helpful to you? "yes" "no"

ummm......how about NO (this guy seems to have lost alot in his past as well with that attitude)

Msaint, I read your book a couple months ago and enjoyed it.  Great idea to write it too.  How are you doing in your Felon Fantasy League this year?

602007[/snapback]

Glad you liked it.:D Had a great Felon League season, but I'm gun-shy when it comes to playoffs. Finished 10-3, sole possession of 1st place, second in total points, first-round playoff bye. Fielding a VERY solid team of Peyton, Edge, Domanick/Pittman/Julius, Andre J., Horn, Gonzo, Kaeding, Skins D.

That said, I'm worried 'cause I've won 7 straight games, and my matchups this week are MUCH better than next week, esp. my RBs. I have this sick feeling that my team will once again explode this week when it means nothing and then, when it counts in Week 15/Playoff first round, will crap out for the first time this year. :D Fingers crossed....at least I have Joe Horn on my side this year!

"Iguess I'm in the minority here, but I found this book to be an utter waste of time. I suppose if you've never played fantasy football before, you might find it insightful, but if the dude's going to quit his job, I'd expect him to elevate his game just a bit. I've been playing FF for a few years, and I honestly can say that I learned nothing from this book. Additionally, his writing style was immature and dull. He gave us very little reason to care about him or his quest, other than the fact that he's lost a lot in the past. Save your money."

Was this review helpful to you?  "yes" "no"

ummm......how about NO (this guy seems to have lost alot in his past as well with that attitude)

602085[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm all for people expressing their opinions, and I never expected that everyone would like the book, but this guy seems to have really missed the boat on this one. Angry, angry man. I bet he's a hoot at Xmas parties. :D