[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Ugly Tuna has a dream

uglytuna

Well maybe not a dream but it looks like reality!!!!

There has been so much fight for home field advantage but let look if the season ended today.

The seeding as of today:

(1) Pittsburgh Steelers

(2) New England Patriots

(3) San Diego Chargers

(4) Indy Colts

(5) New York Jets

(6) Baltimore Ravens

-Steelers have home-field advantage based on head-to-head win over the Patriots.

-Chargers would be No. 3 seed in AFC based on better conference record than Colts.

Now let me play devils advocate;

I'm sure Chargers would beat the Ravens and the Colts would handle the Jets at home.

So that means, the Colts would play the Steelers and the Chargers go to New England.

What matchup would like be the easiest match up of those two.

I won't say who I think would win those games but if the season ended today, I like New England chances....

Ugly :D Tuna

Any of the top 4 teams could come out of the AFC. I do not see a WC team doing anything this year.

I do not 'like' anyone's chances. They will all be tough match-ups and the AFC champ will have definitely earned the right to comptet for the lombardi trophy.

As a matter of fact, I might go so far as to say that this year's AFC champion (and IMHO the eventual SB winner), regardless of who it is, would have to be considered as one of the all time great teams. I can't remember a playoff season where so many teams look so strong down the stretch.

Foolio!! :D

You're back!! 

Yes, Ugly Tuna has dreams.  But please don't share them if they involve Tom Brady, Corey Dillon, a hot tub and an economy-sized tub of KY jelly!!

608015[/snapback]

Why do you think they call him Ugly Tuna? :D

As a matter of fact, I might go so far as to say that this year's AFC champion (and IMHO the eventual SB winner), regardless of who it is, would have to be considered as one of the all time great teams.  I can't remember a playoff season where so many teams look so strong down the stretch.

607996[/snapback]

I agree that the AFC is the far better conference this year, and has been for the last few years, and probably will be for the the next few years. I do not think that this is all that unusual. Look at the NFC in the late 80's and early 90's. You had the NFC East, the 49rs, and the Packers, doing about the same thing that the Patriots, Steelers, and Colts are doing now. Back then, it was given that who ever won the NFC was going to win the SB. Also, the Bills were the AFC's version of the Eagles. So, it is a little bit of a stretch to consider the AFC champ one of the greatest teams of all time based upon just the performance of the AFC this year.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I humbly apologize for trying to inject some intelligent discussion into you tuna BBQ.

EDIT: Except to you, Perch :D

608031[/snapback]

You occasionally have somewhat intelligent things to say, posting them here is a waste of time. Start your own thread where people will take it seriously.

It's a little premature to decide who will be what seed still.  Colts still play the Chargers.

608045[/snapback]

That is what I was thinking too.

As a Charger fan, I too think the easiest match up of the three is the Pats. The Chargers game is made to order for beating the Pats. Dillon gets 50 yards, the Pats have to throw, in the cold, and LT controls large chunks of time keeping the game close. Lets face it, the Pats don't generally blow teams out, and their defense has been giving up some chunks of yardage. I could see the Chargers going into NE and winning that game. THIS year, the Bolts and the Pats have looked very similar in how they are getting it done. I think it would be a great game! The Chargers match up least favorably with the Colts out of all the teams listed!

As a Charger fan and a Manning owner, I am sure hoping the Bolts win next week at the Brownies and lock up the division. The "bend-but-don't break" style of pass D is gonna mean Manning throws for about 729 yards and 8 TDs on that carpet B) . That would be good for me if I am in my FF Championship game, but bad for the Bolts!

The way I see of trying to beat the Colts is to drop 7 or 8, use a combo of different rush schemes to "try" get some pressure and try to make them beat you with Edge, which they can do! What this does is slow down their scoring and let a strong ground game, like the Chargers or Steelers, shorten the game and keep the scoring down. Now you play breaks, field position and turnovers and hope for the best!

Did I just waste this analysis in a UT thread?!?! :D:D :bigshock: :D

Monsters Of The Midway has a dream.  MOTM dreamed that Ugly Tuna would just go away. 

Yeah, I realize it's just a pipe dream.  But, wasn't that the point of this thread?  To dream?

608742[/snapback]

Mine has something to do with a crosswalk, UT, and a bus traveling at high speed.

Oooh.  Sounds like the plot of a pretty good movie.  Tell me more!  Tell me more! :D

608764[/snapback]

Ok, so there is this bus. But it's not a normal bus, it's shorter. Let's call it a shortbus. It's traveling down the road. It's full of football players. Tom Brady is driving the bus and he's wearing his favorite jersey, the one that says "overrated" on the back. Tom's driving the shortbus really fast, when he sees a mildly retarded kid wearing pink Converse sneakers, a pink too-too, and a Patriots jersey crossing the street.........

That's as far as I can go without giving it away. You'll have to wait for the movie.