[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

meet bix

Azazello1313

Uh, no their not.  They wont even take on a cat... :D

1280265[/snapback]

In the beginning they were a fighting breed – a cross between Bull Terriers and Bulldogs. Breeders in Boston from the American Bull Terrier Club objected to this crossbreeding saying these dogs were not Bull Terriers and breeders of Bulldogs objected as well. In 1891 the Boston Terrier Club of America was formed.

boston terrier is a f*ckin FIGHTING dog, he'll take most dogs twice his size.. :D

1280259[/snapback]

Bosley : What do you call this?

Dylan : Chinese fighting muffin.

Bosley : That's not funny. A friend of mine took a fighting muffin in the chest; they sent him home in four Ziploc bags.

Alex : They're not Chinese, they're not fighting, they're blueberry!

:D Congrats. Great dogs!

Cute dog, had one when I was growin up. His name was trouble and he had a great temperment, he put up with a lot of $hit from the older poodle we had and never went off on him, was also very protective over the kids. He did drop some nasty gas though :D

boston terrier is a f*ckin FIGHTING dog, he'll take most dogs twice his size.. :D

1280259[/snapback]

Maybe if you abuse the heck out of him. Most BTs I've know have a big bark, but no bite. :D

Don't get me wrong, they are cool dogs - very entertaining. One of my best friends has one and my grand parents had one for years. Both run from cats that stand their ground. :D

If you want a tough little dog, a Jack Russel terrier is the way to go. Those little bastages will take on a boar raccoon 3 x it's size. A friend of mine has a 7 month old pup that has ripped the sack off of 3 other dogs. :D Gordon decided it's probably not a dog he should keep in the house. :D

Maybe if you abuse the heck out of him.  Most BTs I've know have a big bark, but no bite.  :D

Don't get me wrong, they are cool dogs - very entertaining.  One of my best friends has one and my grand parents had one for years.  Both run from cats that stand their ground.  :D

If you want a tough little dog, a Jack Russel terrier is the way to go.  Those little bastages will take on a boar raccoon 3 x it's size.  A friend of mine has a 7 month old pup that has ripped the sack off of 3 other dogs.  :D  Gordon decided it's probably not a dog he should keep in the house.  :D

1280329[/snapback]

they've had a lot of the fight bred out of them in the last 100 years, like bulldogs and most other breeds. but they're still got the fighting body....lots of muscle, short and extremely powerful jaws/head. i got the pup from my aunt, who owns both the dam and sire. annie is just a little sweetheart, but boomer is a spirited little guy. i guarantee he would NOT stand down from a f'n cat, or anything else smaller than a german shepard. but they'll take anything from kids or other pets without getting mean. that's how bulldogs have always been, too.

1280259[/snapback]

Our female Keeshond used to do that for real....we would take her to the dog park and she would dominate all the other dogs. She once put a pit bull on its back, shivering in that submissive position. The pit owner threatened to sue me! Said my dog "ruined" his dog....what the heck he was thinking or planning for that dog is beyond me!

Maybe if you abuse the heck out of him.  Most BTs I've know have a big bark, but no bite.  :D

Don't get me wrong, they are cool dogs - very entertaining.  One of my best friends has one and my grand parents had one for years.  Both run from cats that stand their ground.  :D

If you want a tough little dog, a Jack Russel terrier is the way to go.  Those little bastages will take on a boar raccoon 3 x it's size.  A friend of mine has a 7 month old pup that has ripped the sack off of 3 other dogs.  :D  Gordon decided it's probably not a dog he should keep in the house.  :D

1280329[/snapback]

Jack Russels have a tendency to go nuts. Clinically nuts. They can be bad news around kids.

they've had a lot of the fight bred out of them in the last 100 years, like bulldogs and most other breeds.  but they're still got the fighting body....lots of muscle, short and extremely powerful jaws/head.  i got the pup from my aunt, who owns both the dam and sire.  annie is just a little sweetheart, but boomer is a spirited little guy.  i guarantee he would NOT stand down from a f'n cat, or anything else smaller than a german shepard.  but they'll take anything from kids or other pets without getting mean.  that's how bulldogs have always been, too.

1280365[/snapback]

There is almost no such thing as a bad dog breed in my books, and the Boston Terrier is a fine dog. Yours look like a real winner, and from the sound and look of it, a good example of the breed.

This being said....

trying to argue the toughness of any dog under 20 pounds is just a losing proposition (so far with great bluster it has been announced that a BT would Definitely almost 90% sure be able to take on a cat, and that though he was on the losing side of it, definitely put up a really really valiant effort against the neighborhood poodle bully:huh: )

:D